• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Any of you guys think you'll be available for another video run this weekend? I just checked out Skype to see if I still remembered my password. If we do use it, bear with me, I'm pretty much a Skype noob, having only used it once a few months ago.

Nicktals

Banned
DragonGirl said:
Any of you guys think you'll be available for another video run this weekend? I just checked out Skype to see if I still remembered my password. If we do use it, bear with me, I'm pretty much a Skype noob, having only used it once a few months ago.

I've never done a conference call, but I figure it'll be pretty easy to figure out.

And I am definitely up for another video run. Saturday and Sunday (or thursday for that matter) I can do it any time. It seems that we might have a few extras...We'll have to work out a rotation or something if we do have more than 4 showing up. A good problem to have, as far as I'm concerned!

Nicktals said:
I've never done a conference call, but I figure it'll be pretty easy to figure out.

And I am definitely up for another video run. Saturday and Sunday (or thursday for that matter) I can do it any time. It seems that we might have a few extras...We'll have to work out a rotation or something if we do have more than 4 showing up. A good problem to have, as far as I'm concerned!

Curse Capcom and their reduction of room capacity!

I'm good for Saturday and/or Sunday. I usually go on around 1:00 central but I can be on whenever. Oh! I suddenly remembered I'm out of batteries. Better stock up. :p

Nicktals

Banned
DragonGirl said:
Curse Capcom and their reduction of room capacity!

I'm good for Saturday and/or Sunday. I usually go on around 1:00 central but I can be on whenever. Oh! I suddenly remembered I'm out of batteries. Better stock up. :p

Seriously. I would pay $100 dollars for DLC to give up "voice chat" for a 10 player room. Such a bad trade off.

It would be so much fun to be able to have a few GAF hunting groups going at the same time.

*sigh*

I finally got a chance to watch our quest videos. I suppose I did experience everything first hand but it's still so fun to watch. Off screen capture looks great. Well done Znarf. It is such a good feeling to play in a full city with the ol' gaf fishing crew again. I look forward to playing more video runs. I can't use Skype unfortunately. I'll definitely be on this weekend

Nicktals

Banned
So, for those interested in the video/chat recording session, which day this weekend works best for you? (And Znarf if you read this, are there any times this saturday/sunday that don't work for you?).

Since we want at least 4 people around with chat capabilities, a little coordination might be in order (and jason obviously we'd let it slide, but why isn't skype an option for you, out of curiosity?)

Having no mic isn't an excuse, Jason:p

Finally reconnected the Wii to my pc again and would probably need a guinea pig to test out recording skype audio while capturing game sessions. Doesn't matter if we get more than 4 people in this video run since IIRC skype can handle 25 users in a conf call and sound quality depends on the host. We can just do rotations or whatever while coordinating via vc.

Since I'm the odd ball out, living on the different side of the world from you all, I'll adjust to your gaming schedule.

I'll be sending you a private message, Nick.

Nicktals

Banned
DragonGirl said:
Heh, I'll be using my laptop's built in mic. It'll be a bit awkward but whatever.

Yeah I'll be doing the same, most likely. Could try plugging in my 360 usb headset, but I think the laptop mic will work okay.

Who all is hoping to get in on this weekend's festivities? Any preference for Saturday or Sunday? I figure we should try and coordinate this at least a little.

Nicktals said:
So, for those interested in the video/chat recording session, which day this weekend works best for you? (And Znarf if you read this, are there any times this saturday/sunday that don't work for you?).

Since we want at least 4 people around with chat capabilities, a little coordination might be in order (and jason obviously we'd let it slide, but why isn't skype an option for you, out of curiosity?)

Well I don't have a laptop right now which would be my best option. My PC is in another room from my wii and I don't have a working mic. Buying a new mic is no problem really but a problem may arise if I cannot chat and play at the same time. I'll look around for a wireless headset tomorrow and see if I can work something out.

Alien Manobo said:

That is one clever MacGyver of a microphone I must say. So I have to keep an old headphone pressed against my lips while playing? No prob, a little duct tape and maybe some chicken wire and I'm all set. Although attractive as that may look, I needed a new mic anyway. I'll go the electronics store route for now.

DragonGirl said:
Who all is hoping to get in on this weekend's festivities? Any preference for Saturday or Sunday? I figure we should try and coordinate this at least a little.

Saturday is all good for me. We've been meeting up during the early afternoon recently(eastern time for me) but anytime is fine by me. I should be on both Saturday and Sunday but Sunday is Mother's day and I really have no idea how long I'll be running around that day.

I'm okay for Saturday or Sunday. No skype here, though.

I've also been practicing a little bit. Playing for the first time in a while was pretty bad. I posted a rathalos quest and while fighting it I wanted to apologize for accidentally posting a rathian quest because I had thought it was a rathian up until I carved some los parts from its corpse.

I couldn't apologize because my cheapo keyboard was messed up and the whole block of letters mapping to number pad nonsense wouldn't turn off.

I had never had to use it before, but that software keyboard is something else. I don't think I've ever used a software keyboard with a more asinine layout. Is Capcom to blame for that atrocity?

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Nicktals

Banned
Also, if you're in for this weekend (still let me know your preference so we can nail something down!), and you want to be in on the skype and video recording session, please PM me your skype username. I'll compile a list and PM it to everyone before the recording. Apparently we all need to add each other in order to do a conference/group call.

Hiltz

Argh!! People please bring dung bombs to Deviljho quests.

One person carrying 10 of them is rarely enough to save everyone's butts from Jho's pin attack and fending off other boss monsters (especially those stubborn ones) coming to the same area. 3rd quest today my random teams forgot to bring them and one ended in failure.

Poop is your friend.

Might be able to hunt with MHGAF on Saturday, might not. No Skype here. :/

Hiltz said:
Argh!! People please bring dung bombs to Deviljho quests.

One person carrying 10 of them is rarely enough to save everyone's butts from Jho's pin attack and fending off other boss monsters (especially those stubborn ones) coming to the same area. 3rd quest today my random teams forgot to bring them and one ended in failure.
I usually don't have time to scroll to my Dung bombs and sheathe my weapon to save poor randoms that get pinned by Jho before they get their face chewed off. The ones that don't bring their own poo are usually the ones that have pretty crappy armor. So I often don't bother.
it annoys me when I do bother and the pinned guy happened to have dung bombs after all and unpins himself after I have my dung bomb ready

Failing quests suck and all but I think the horrific image of Jho nomming on my face would be a strong motivator to bring dung bombs on the next quest.

Monster Hunter Tri moved another 100k!

1.8M > 1.9M

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

2iu9hd3.jpg

Nicktals said:
Also, if you're in for this weekend (still let me know your preference so we can nail something down!), and you want to be in on the skype and video recording session, please PM me your skype username. I'll compile a list and PM it to everyone before the recording. Apparently we all need to add each other in order to do a conference/group call.

Nicktals said:
Nice...Very deserved!

So far Khory, Znarf, and I are in for skyping...Anyone able/willing to be the 4th?

I just registered/installed Skype and got my hands on a nice wireless headset. I'm ready to give it a shot now *cheers* I'm a true skype noob though so bear with me. I'll send a PM your way Nick.

Edit: Are you on right now, Znarf?

Nicktals

Banned
So, the official GAF Monster Hunter Skype recording session will begin at 2 EST on Saturday, the 7th.

If you have are able to skype and want in, please PM me with your Monster Hunter name and your skype name. If you aren't able to skype and still want in, post here or PM me.

Priority for the recording room will go to those who have provided their info (Znarf, myself, Khory, Jason, and Francis). However, having multiple rooms going is never a bad thing. So even if you can't Skype, please hop on at that time, and we'll switch it up to get everyone involved!

Hiltz

Sammy Samusu said:
Monster Hunter Tri moved another 100k!

It's good to see that more people are picking up the game.

Entertain's President said that Capcom originally wanted the game to sell 1.5 - 2 million in Japan, but that reaching 1 million was considered to be "the passing grade" goal. I suppose Capcom will have to settle for close to 2 million sales worldwide instead.

In other news, I got my 100th Deviljho kill last night. :)

Ended up finding this game for 20$ at kmart in the bargin area a week ago hopefully I can find sometime to play this week and get out of noob status and start hunting with you guys :)

Outtrigger888 said:
Ended up finding this game for 20$ at kmart in the bargin area a week ago hopefully I can find sometime to play this week and get out of noob status and start hunting with you guys :)
Your life is going to change. "Hopefully I can find sometime to play" is going to turn into "Hopefully I can find some time to not play MH3."

upandaway

Today I completed my first custom set. And I conjured it up myself! Hooray! It's really simple.

Jaggi Mask/Blast Earring
Bnahbra+
Bari
Bnahbra+
Bnahbra+
+6 evasion (+5 with slot)

It gives the Bnahbra skills, Evasion+2, and then free head thing. I basically wanted something extremely convenient to make and extremely convenient to use with any status gun I can make. It's not THAT flashy like other custom sets I saw, but it's "good enough".

The only other gunning set I'll make will focus on pierce 2 spamming. I also want to do that usual Hammer one that combines Helios and Vangis, then another guard one for Lance, and that's it for Tri.

Raide

Are there any good lower rank Evasion sets to make?

Currently rolling with a mixed Rathian set so I have the +50 HP, Normal Ear Plugs and Fire Resist. Trying to get 1 more Rathalos Plate so I can finish my Rathalos set off. :D

Orayn

Raide said:

Currently rolling with a mixed Rathian set so I have the +50 HP, Normal Ear Plugs and Fire Resist. Trying to get 1 more Rathalos Plate so I can finish my Rathalos set off. :D
A lot of people like Barioth for evasion, if I recall. Not really my thing, but I love Rathalos gear. I eventually had to give mine up for a Great Baggi + Diablos Crit Draw set, but it served me very well.

Raide

Orayn said:
A lot of people like Barioth for evasion, if I recall. Not really my thing, but I love Rathalos gear. I eventually had to give mine up for a Great Baggi + Diablos Crit Draw set, but it served me very well.

I am guessing the + stuff is from Higher HR quests? Only just hit HR 10, so I am still rolling in the low end stuff. :D

Getting these plates is a pain. I spend ages farming some mats to make a Fire Longsword which helps me beat Gigganox faster so I can make my Poison S&S. I spent ages with S&S but I have gone off them since it is taking ages to get the stuff I need.

Orayn

Raide said:
I am guessing the + stuff is from Higher HR quests? Only just hit HR 10, so I am still rolling in the low end stuff. :D

Getting these plates is a pain. I spend ages farming some mats to make a Fire Longsword
which helps me beat Gigganox faster so I can make my Poison S&S. I spent ages with S&S but
I have gone off them since it is taking ages to get the stuff I need.
Yeah, anything with + in its name is from High Rank.
Plates are fickle, too. I had acquired three Rathalos plates before getting my first from Rathian, and I had hunted Rathian a lot more.

Raide

Orayn said:
Yeah, anything with + in its name is from High Rank.
Plates are fickle, too. I had acquired three Rathalos plates before getting my first from Rathian, and I had hunted Rathian a lot more.

What is classes as HR? 30+? 50+? Or above that?

I made the Jaggi Head thing, so I am hoping that will improve my chances for them as Quest Rewards. The Rathian set served me well for a good while but I really want to get the Rathalos set done.

Raide said:
Peco is probably the best one to invest in for LR evasion especially since you can acquire it relatively early. Barioth isn't bad but the HR version will make LR Barioth obsolete once it's available.

HR is after your 3* urgent (HR 31+).

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm still working my way up the online portion of things, but Low Rank Lagi set has served me very well thus far. So many slots for gemming.

I also utilize a Helios set with a Lagi chest to get sharpness +1 and earplugs, that works well too.

It took some time but here are some of the videos from the Skype session:

AVerMediaCenter2011-05-0804-28-26-58.jpg

Jhodrenaline with me dying at the last minute (I know, I know :/ )

Bomb Run: Gigginox
I died again SMH

Bomb Run: Barioth

An old Arena run from last year with Jason: Gobul & Ludroth 6:01

I just got this notice from Youtube:
Congratulations! Your account is now enabled for uploads longer than 15 minutes.
Yey!

I'm still re-encoding the other sessions with Lance BP and will post here when uploaded.

damn that bomb run was awesome! i gotta try that

i was surprised at how fast it worked. did you have a bombardier skill, or pyro food skill?

spice up the commentary a little...

i don't know how people can play quiet, i've been playing over xbox live since it launched. there is a certain charm to it i suppose

Boney said:
you guys gotta come back for me

Fix your @#$@#$ WII!!!

quinntendopower said:
damn that bomb run was awesome! i gotta try that

i was surprised at how fast it worked. did you have a bombardier skill, or pyro food skill?

spice up the commentary a little...

i don't know how people can play quiet, i've been playing over xbox live since it launched. there is a certain charm to it i suppose

My usual bombing setup is HGE, Trap Master, Bombardier and Sharpness+1

I switched to a different mic just before recording and noticed my audio level was too low when the skype session was done.

Top Bottom