• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charms won't matter for a day. I also suggest maybe putting another day into it before hand, just to familiarize yourself with it a bit, if you haven't already.

We aren't JUST playing it that day, that's just the first day for Ultimate. I've played it before, but not like a crazy amount (I got a tiny bit past the Lagiacrus in SP on Wii, and I've dabbled in the PSP games but screw that system), so it'll be more of a refresher.
And the idea is that we play a game that we aren't good at, so people can laugh at our terribleness. For kicks and such. We do not plan on going in and capturing Caudewhatshisface alive or anything haha.

*inb4 "I captured Jhen Moran alive! post*
Yes I know that's impossible.

Just recorded a video, me hunting Plesioth with a Bow. I'm not going to upload because at some point you run out of stamina and it gets boring. >.<

Dash Juice 10x confirmed.

Added my NNID to the list, fairly new MonHun player here and I have never played the MP so I am looking forward to it. Some of the veteran players should set up weekly classes or something, I would totally take MonHun 101 :p

Tomorrow I'll be hopping online to say good bye to Tri. Have to do something special. Maybe I'll hunt Diablos so it can drop it's rare horn making it possible for me to finally craft that switchaxe so I can use it once before starting all over. Oh yeah!

Mileena

Banned
Just recorded a video, me hunting Plesioth with a Bow. I'm not going to upload because at some point you run out of stamina and it gets boring. >.<

Dash Juice 10x confirmed.
I need to give bows a shot. I beat the demo with every melee multiple times but have largely ignored ranged after bad experiences on MHFU. Wish I had some more demo uses :lol

The size for the 3DS one is actually 1.784GB (14275 blocks). I imagine the Wii U version would have a slightly higher size too.
Unless there is a way for me to transfer some of my ambasitor games to system memory, then I don't think my current SD card will have enough room.

Should I get the circle pad pro or a bigger SD card?

MattyH

im picking up the 3ds Version (till i get a wii U) and im wondering how essential is the Circle Pad Pro gonna be

Nicktals

Banned
Tomorrow I'll be hopping online to say good bye to Tri. Have to do something special. Maybe I'll hunt Diablos so it can drop it's rare horn making it possible for me to finally craft that switchaxe so I can use it once before starting all over. Oh yeah!

You're picking up ultimate? Hooray! Make sure to add me!

Chuckpebble

Just noticed in the tundra: you can now walk from area 5 back to area 3. Guess they had Mr. Plow come in and level that cliff. Mind blown after spending about 15 hours with the demo.

Fan: There are no health bars, but there are signs that show weakness!

Eurogamer: Oh no there's a health bar right here. *shows GamePad*

dsjkfhskdjghdfjkghdf

d0c_zaius

I helped kill so many fucking silver raths in unite through adhoc party for some of those damn rubies. It made me feel helpless.

Like losing something in real life, when you dont really want it or need it, the drop fairy will finally visit.

yup the MH gods have always forsaken me.

Think I got the Ruby after my second battle with it. People were freaking out for a while in the lobby after I told them about it. I've also got lucky with Lagiacrus, but after that the desire sensor kicked in.

haha that desire sensor is a killer.

blackflag

Wish I could get this today. I'm off until Tuesday. Dying over here. I played several hundred hours of Tri but haven't played it in about a year.

NNID = blackflag

Make sure you are adding people through miiverse.

Ryuukan

So, I barely know anything about monhun but I played the demo and destroyed the lagombi. Are bows/guns super easy to use in multiplayer when someone else is beating on the monster?
How hard is it to change class/weapons?

Fistwell

FUCKING BLOCK DAMMIT YOU HAVE A FUCKING SHIELD (that round thingy on your arm) WTF BLOOOOOCK!!!!1!

you experts need to give newbies a chance to learn lol the rage at this guy
Na not rage, it's just kind of funny.
it also kills me a little bit inside

Also,
OH SHIIIIIIIIIIII

Oh, yeah I think it's sharp enough now....

And also, rooooooooooooooll dammit!!!!

It's not a dodge if he wasn't attacking you.

Yes, this one, that's blocking.

This guy is hilarious.

Doorman

How hard is it to change class/weapons?
Literally as easy as walking to your equipment box and equipping a different weapon.
Actually learning all of a weapon's moves and knowing HOW to most effectively use it is more a matter of your experience and play style.

hmmmm had no idea about the buy 2 get 1 free deal at target next week.

someone buy 3 and sell me one for $40 + shipping please :D
or, we could get 3 people each to pay $40 each

vague i know.

but i think i'll just buy monster hunter, lego city and another monster hunter(to resell) since luigis mansion isnt a part of the sale :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom