• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can straight up buy Tranquilizer, too, which makes that a lot easier than using the farm. You only ever need two or three tranqs for a capture anyway, so it's not like you need to have a bountiful surplus.

By the time I was finishing up with Tri, I was capturing every monster. Not only does it save you the trouble of dealing with potential injuries/faints as a result of the monster's more desperate lashing out to save itself, but it results in better loot. I only ever killed monsters when I was playing with more exuberant players who didn't understand how or why to cap.

Eventually you'll need a lot of tranquilizer. However, by that point, cash should be flowing pretty freely.

Boogiepop

Took out the level 1 quests, most of the 2s (just need to capture Great Jaggi), and beat Qurupeco. Damn jerk took longer than he should've because my Dual Blades just kept bouncing off near every part of his body unless he was flying, yelling, or I had the charge mode on and got lucky. Just couldn't hit him. I've been liking the Dual Blades, but if they're gonna be a serious issue in terms of actually hitting the monsters, that may be a problem. Bleh.

http://www.vooks.net/rumour-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-facing-stock-issues-in-australia/

Awesome MH3U insert!

xYUgXOO.jpg

http://tinycartridge.com/post/45924501730/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-insert-for-3ds-boxes

Daw, in the US it's just white inside. Bummer.

Edit: How do you change touchscreen layout type in game? Using the dynamic right now which is nice but in many battles it'll be better to have that on screen. Plus for whatever reason the touchscreen icons don't take up the whole screen

Edit 2: Nevermind, somehow I've gone three hours without realizing the touchscreen changes when you go to the menu.

sgjackson

Took out the level 1 quests, most of the 2s (just need to capture Great Jaggi), and beat Qurupeco. Damn jerk took longer than he should've because my Dual Blades just kept bouncing off near every part of his body unless he was flying, yelling, or I had the charge mode on and got lucky. Just couldn't hit him. I've been liking the Dual Blades, but if they're gonna be a serious issue in terms of actually hitting the monsters, that may be a problem. Bleh.

That happens when your blades are dull. Get something with green sharpness and it won't be an issue.

By the time I was finishing up with Tri, I was capturing every monster. Not only does it save you the trouble of dealing with potential injuries/faints as a result of the monster's more desperate lashing out to save itself, but it results in better loot. I only ever killed monsters when I was playing with more exuberant players who didn't understand how or why to cap.

Eventually you'll need a lot of tranquilizer. However, by that point, cash should be flowing pretty freely.

True most of the time. However, some parts like the jho gem have only a 1% chance gain so it is actually better to carve and get those 3 chances

Doczu

Usually, EU games are multilingual. It should change depending on the language that you've chosen on your 3DS. I don't see why it would be different here.

The NA version has multiple languages, so the EU version must too. There's English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian.

Thanks guys. It's better to ask, because the last time i bought games from germany, I had to play Link's Awakening DX and Pokemon Blue in german :/

Just picked up the WiiU version after playing the demo - can't wait to start playing tonight.

I was a little surprised there was no softcover or hardcover version of the strategy guide! Is it really PDF only?

I was surprised too. I thought for sure Brady would sell a print version. I actually was in a Gamestop today and asked if they had one and they said "they aren't going to print a full guide because the game is too big and because so much of the stuff is random."

I dunno, there are guides for other "huge" games. Seems dumb to me.

Edit: I do see that there was a guide printed in Japan for MH that was over 1,000 pages. Maybe they just don't think its worth it to print a full guide in English (yet)?

Actually I lied, still confused as to how you switch the camera type in game. Select lets me adjust panels but seemingly not move things back to the tv screen.

Table 6 confirmed. yay :D

I want my confirmation as well. Can't get through though. I had to stop myself from playing ... don't want to put into too many hours, in case anything went wrong. I went for table 10, just because I was too lazy to look into all the charm tables in detail. Hopefully everything worked out.

I might just keep playing regardless, as long as I'm not on a cursed one.

Filth

Guys I'm trying to craft duroboros armor. Chest piece needs bullfango pelts. But I havnt sen one bullfango. Where are they ??

windfish

fuuuuu yeah finally...the charm searcher seem to work better now, just got my t10 confirmation glad i played the last 5 hours instead of waiting, would have been flippin some damn charmtables if the result turned out to be something else XD

kidko

Damnit Capcom, would have been great to bring the 3DS to the bar and play a few local hunts tonight at our weekly game dev meetup... *sigh*

Guys I'm trying to craft duroboros armor. Chest piece needs bullfango pelts. But I havnt sen one bullfango. Where are they ??

If you get naked, they will come

chrono01

AHHHHH I ONLY WANTED TO GET SOME GUTS SUDDENLY GIANT SEA DRAGON

Seriously.

After I saw it, I immediately fled the area. I am not ashamed to admit that, it was massive and I was but a fledgling hunter. I was in no condition to defeat it.

To make matters worse, when I returned to the previous area to finish collecting the Monster Guts, after getting all of them and taking my time to sort through my inventory/continue killing monsters...IT FOLLOWED ME TO THIS AREA AS WELL! I got an immediately Nemesis/Resident Evil 3 feeling, and got the hell out of there.

It was very effective.

Raxious

So i've been playing around with the weapons for a bit, and so far I'm really liking the Dual Swords. However, damage wise it's crap xD I just finished the 1* quests, so should I start upgrading my dual swords now?

Filth

Damnit Capcom, would have been great to bring the 3DS to the bar and play a few local hunts tonight at our weekly game dev meetup... *sigh*

If you get naked, they will come

Is this true? Just take off my armor and load which zone ??

BooJoh

So i've been playing around with the weapons for a bit, and so far I'm really liking the Dual Swords. However, damage wise it's crap xD I just finished the 1* quests, so should I start upgrading my dual swords now?

Dual Swords have pretty low damage due to their fast attack speed, so you need to be able to get a lot of hits in at a time. Further into the game they also have a lot of potential for dealing elemental damage.

Santiako

I can't get the charm table website to work, I just want to take that off my mind while I play >_<

EDIT: Got it to work, table 14 confirmed! Yay, I can play the game without worrying now!

They're easy to make...provided you happen to bring a trap tool along with you, which you can't just create from resources within the map. In the vast majority of cases more than one trap is never needed, and I tend to travel kind of light when it comes to bringing items I don't think I'll really need.

It's not the very first time something like this has happened, and yeah it's very rare. Still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

On an unrelated note, I have a friend with a Wii U and the game, but apparently as soon as he got the game, his system has been unable to connect to the network. He couldn't download the update and while he can somehow test the internet connection and check for system updates, he apparently can't actually connect to the Nintendo Network, meaning no Miiverse, no software updates, and no online play. Has anybody else heard of an issue like this cropping up?

No, I was on it last night and bought Punch Out for 30 cents.

So I can't seem to get "Guts" for a quest. This game still confuses me and the font kind of sucks on the regular 3DS.
Epioth and Jaggi are the main monsters it says.

Edit: I like the font and it looks good on the XL but not so much on the smaller 3DS.

blackflag

So I can't seem to get "Guts" for a quest. This game still confuses me and the font kind of sucks on the regular 3DS.

Edit: I like the font and it looks good on the XL but not so much on the smaller 3DS.

Monster guts are from epioth. Go to all the water areas and kill them until you have enough. Sometimes they are stingy with dropping them

Raide

Go swimming for Guts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom