• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was on it last night and bought Punch Out for 30 cents.

So I can't seem to get "Guts" for a quest. This game still confuses me and the font kind of sucks on the regular 3DS.
Epioth and Jaggi are the main monsters it says.

Edit: I like the font and it looks good on the XL but not so much on the smaller 3DS.

Epioths drop them constantly. Epioths are the loch-ness monster like things in the lake/deep water areas.

The font is gross, but it's readable.

EDIT: Beat like an Epioth.

Rize_21

@ Out_of_ammo :

Thanks a lot!I wouldn't have think of using this.

@Filth :

You'll encounter Bullfangos in the
HL
quests of Moga's village,very quickly!

Dineren

Banned
I really wish I was patient enough to wait for the off-tv play patch. I ended up ordering the 3ds version as well as the circle pad pro xl from Amazon so I could get it before this weekend. I usually only make it about 20-30 hours in MH before other games distract me, hopefully I'll make it longer this time around with as much as I'm spending!

Monster guts are from epioth. Go to all the water areas and kill them until you have enough. Sometimes they are stingy with dropping them

Go swimming for Guts!

Epioths drop them constantly. Epioths are the loch-ness monster like things in the lake/deep water areas.

The font is gross, but it's readable.

EDIT: Beat like an Epioth.

Thank you everyone. I actually forgot about the search feature and I was looking on Google and found someone said something about it earlier.

Also how does the online work? Like I have a Wii U but I bought the 3DS version. Can I play online using the Wii U? I heard about it but it seems kind of weird how they did it.

Xater

So after my demo impressions I started out with the long sword and I am pretty happy with my choice. I am doing well with it, the first 3 big monsters were kind of easy for me. So far I a not struggling with the game at all. I'll probably just stick with this weapon for now.

So, I went in blind and I came out with T4. Seems like it's not too bad. Anything to worry about?

Also, any word, besides April, when the off-screen gloriousness is coming?

NeoRausch

just a heads up:

don't know if all of you peeps know but the tunneling app will not be on the Wiiu eshop but only on the 3DS eshop.
just in case and to save some hassle.
makes sense though.

edit:

scratch that! I was talking about the transfere tool. sorry!

Disguises

just a heads up:

don't know if all of you peeps know but the tunneling app will not be on the Wiiu eshop but only on the 3DS eshop.
just in case and to save some hassle.
makes sense though.
You sure? Doesn't make sense to me. MH3DS > Wii U tunnelling app > internet. Surely you need your MH 3DS on AND the tunnelling app on at the same time? Having both on 3DS wouldn't allow that. Unless you mean the save file transfer tool of course :p

bitoriginal

CPP XL makes this game so much more playable for me. Hated the demo controls so much.

Anyway, do I level up skills to use a certain weapon or do I just buy the one I want and go for it?

Raide

CPP XL makes this game so much more playable for me. Hated the demo controls so much.

Anyway, do I level up skills to use a certain weapon or do I just buy the one I want and go for it?

Certain skills suit certain weapons but you can swap and change stuff. Most people will have multiple suits and weapons for all occasions. :D

Let me re ask my question: Can I play my 3DS version online with others if I have a Wii U?

This information is in the OT:

The Nintendo 3DS version can't go online right now, but an app will be made available that will allow it to play online. Caveats: you have to own a Wii U (not the Wii U version, necessarily) and one of the players you're playing with online must be playing via the Wii U version.

This app appears to be scheduled for Friday.

Ragus

Banned
After 3 hours I really enjoy this game. Demo gives this title no justice.

One question - should I focus on doing quests in first area? Or should I try going to the second one (the one with the windmill)?

Are there even more areas?

Mupod

I seriously believe this series has the most underappreciated soundtrack in all of the video games. It's pretty much all amazing. I want Teostra back just for his goddamn music.

NeoRausch

You sure? Doesn't make sense to me. MH3DS > Wii U tunnelling app > internet. Surely you need your MH 3DS on AND the tunnelling app on at the same time? Having both on 3DS wouldn't allow that. Unless you mean the save file transfer tool of course :p

huh....*blushes*

damm.... you're right.

don't drink and post

Raide

Is there a video that explains the differences between all the different weapon types?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SocialDissonance/videos?view=1&flow=grid

Some early stuff on Tri but he plans to cover Tri-U. Also Teamworkcast as well.

After 3 hours I really enjoy this game. Demo gives this title no justice.

One question - should I focus on doing quests in first area? Or should I try going to the second one (the one with the windmill)?

Are there even more areas?

You can move on but it feels better to finish everything before moving on. :D There are loads of other areas past the first one. All of them very different.

Raide

I see. This is a big game, isn't it? And I thought I could only go to the location from the demo :D

Pretty massive once you start to delve into it. I love loot games but utterly skipped the MH series until Tri. Played a few hours and I was hooked. About 200+ hours later and I was done. All this Tri-U talk has got me back into it so much that I ordered a Wii-U to play it. :D

likeGdid

I'm having fun with a Blast-Type Bow (Wroggi Revolver). Beat Barroth by just spamming explosion shots.

Would getting the Bomb Boost skill increase its damage?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Question to euro-gaffers: The pal version of Monster Hunter for the 3DS is in English, no matter where bought? My good friend comes for easter from Germany and he could buy me this game (there is literally no chance of obtaining the game in Poland, other than importing), but i fear that it would be just in german.

All versions of the game have a language setting, so you can actually choose from multiple languages in-game.

NeoRausch

unbelievable!

um running out of time in the goldfish quest....

anywhere else to look for goldfish besides area 10 in the right corner?

muu

I'm having fun with a Blast-Type Bow (Wroggi Revolver). Beat Barroth by just spamming explosion shots.

Would getting the Bomb Boost skill increase its damage?

AFAIK you don't get a boost unless you're using actual bombs or Brachydios weapons w/ the element.

Codeblue

that's what I'm doing. got two of them.... but none after that.... I almost emptied the ocean.

I don't think I've ever caught anything but goldenfish with that bait.

It defaults to no bait, I couldn't figure out how to use special bait without selecting it from the touchscreen. Are you sure you're using it?

King_Moc

Banned
unbelievable!

um running out of time in the goldfish quest....

anywhere else to look for goldfish besides area 10 in the right corner?

You need goldenfish bait. You're not catching them without it.

You can use any bait, it's just easier with goldenfish bait. If you keep jumping in and out to scare the fish off when there are no golden ones there you should get it done pretty easily.

Codeblue

You can use any bait, it's just easier with goldenfish bait. If you keep jumping in and out to scare the fish off when there are no golden ones there you should get it done pretty easily.

Oh, shows how much I know. I timed out without catching a single goldenfish so I assumed you just couldn't do it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom