• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously can we not make rooms that say "anyone is welcome" and then use a different password than the one in the op. I'm trying to play with gaffers but may have play with randoms for now.

Wow some of these monsters are jerks like
Lagiacrus
. . . . I mean seriously I was going to kill it, then it showed up and killed it. . . .

Raide

Excellent, thank you Raide as well. I'd like to understand the strengths and weaknesses before I go on any upgrade paths.

Perfectly understandable. There are so many paths for weapons, not knowing which one you want can lead to some wasted materials. Not bad at the lower end but when drops are rare, you just don't want to waste them. :D

Ghost23

What am I supposed to do for survive the time limit or use a Paw Print ticket? I don't have to sit there for 50 minutes do I?

chrono01

You need goldenfish bait. You're not catching them without it.

I caught them without Goldenfish bait.

Granted it took me around 30 minutes or so, and I had to continually fish to empty the "pool" so more would spawn, but I caught all three without the bait [I wasted my first Goldenfish bait since I didn't yet know how to fish -_-].

What am I supposed to do for survive the time limit or use a Paw Print ticket? I don't have to sit there for 50 minutes do I?

It's basically just to get you used to the new area, I believe.

Either survive 50 minutes or use the Paw Print ticket. Either will count as a success.

Ken

Those missions are there for you to explore and gather/mine stuff (since you can't normally go there without a mission unlike D. Island). Paw Pass shows up after a few minutes. You just return to base, take it out of supply box, and put it in red box to end.

Still no data transfer (for NA)?

It's up in Europe. Or was that the online play thing? I thought I saw the transfer app before I clicked 'download' on the game (which it is doing now).

Both are up.

Downloading the game now. 1:40 left! See you tomorrow, euro-MHgaf!

EDIT: I was mistaken. The packet relay tool is available for download. The data transfer utility is in the list, but there's no download button.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
It's up in Europe. Or was that the online play thing? I thought I saw the transfer app before I clicked 'download' on the game (which it is doing now).

Can someone who has it explain how it works?

If I buy only the 3DS version now, play for a few weeks, and then buy the Wii U version, will I then be able to transfer my 3DS saves over and keep playing like I had been on the Wii U version all along?

Robin64

Am I missing something? People say to craft the Jaggi "set", yet I only see Greaves and Leggings in the Legs category. The others have no Jaggi stuff.

If I buy only the 3DS version now, play for a few weeks, and then buy the Wii U version, will I then be able to transfer my 3DS saves over and keep playing like I had been on the Wii U version all along?

Yep! And then back and forth between the two if you want.

Ken

Yes.

Am I missing something? People say to craft the Jaggi "set", yet I only see Greaves and Leggings in the Legs category. The others have no Jaggi stuff.

You don't have any of the ingredients for the other Jaggi stuff yet.

NeoRausch

yupp... just like you said. back and forth.

chrono01

Complete the "Pain in the Plains" quest [2*] for them to appear.

DaBoss

You need to get some materials required for the armor before some pieces of armor show up.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

You just made up my mind. Since I can't find any version of this game in a single godforesaken Target, I'm gonna just pick up the 3DS one now for myself and get the Wii U one for my friend so we can play together. Maybe after my next paycheck I will get the Wii U one for myself.

There are actually quite a lot of desirable games coming out this week on Nintendo platforms. This and Luigi's Mansion on 3DS makes me want to grab one of those $150 XLs on Sunday...

Ghost23

I'm still using leather armor, and I am up to 3 star quests. I don't really know what to buy for weapons/armor. Should I bother with it if I'm not dying?

DaBoss

I'm still using leather armor, and I am up to 3 star quests. I don't really know what to buy for weapons/armor. Should I bother with it if I'm not dying?

If you feel comfortable with it and don't feel you are being hindered with the armor and weapon, then continue. Though if you can't beat a monster in 15-20 minutes, then I would suggest upgrading your weapon.

Raide

Comes in handy later for defense against elemental attacks. You will collect loads of suits and use them as and when you need them, especially if you swap between ranged and close combat weapons.

Ken

Sure. I'm doing high rank stuff still in leather armor.

Weapons you need to upgrade though if you want decent kill times.

NeoRausch

OT:

HOLY SHIT, they dropped the price for AC3 from 69€ (lol!) to 29€ in the eshop? whoa!

Considering!

sorry just saw it.

back to topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom