• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to a podcast where they talked about the need to have +10 to a skill before it starts working. Important info I didn't know. Did a little farming and now I'm rocking some great skills. Of course the villagers tell me the Jaggi hate fire after I've killed about 6 of them for messing with me while I was gathering.

Addictive and fun. I've taken all the info off the top screen and it looks so clean.

OrigiNull

Was listening to a podcast where they talked about the need to have +10 to a skill before it starts working. Important info I didn't know. Did a little farming and now I'm rocking some great skills. Of course the villagers tell me the Jaggi hate fire after I've killed about 6 of them for messing with me while I was gathering.

Addictive and fun. I've taken all the info off the top screen and it looks so clean.

What podcast were you listening to?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

+10 for small boost, +15 for medium boost, and some have +20 I think? The wiki explains how skills trigger, but yeah - that's why the charm tables really help out. Having access to certain +5 or +7 charms is really quite beneficial when assembling specific skill armor sets.

polg

argh... woke up this morning expecting to buy and download MonHun from the eShop in New Zealand and... it's still TBD :mad:

YOU HAD ONE JOB NINTENDO...

JosiahB

Wow. The offline monsters really are a lot easier than the ones in Tri. Just a little while ago I beat Lagiacrus while wearing the starting Leather Armor with no issues at all. It doesn't really bother me much though, it just means I'll be going online sooner. :p

Mr. Fix

Finally getting this today! Is there a link to a post here that teaches beginners about this Charm table stuff? I have no knowledge of it, other than that I might actually screw up my character.

GulAtiCa

Thank god I have a 51in HDTV... As these small font's are actually readable (barely). Dead Island on my older 31HDTV was very hard to read the text.

Ohnonono

Should have a 3DS and this by sat. at least. Hopefully downing the big boys in MHFU means I will be able to jump into this one pretty quick. I like the new monsters in this but I hope I can hunt Nargacuga again. Loved that hunt.

Robin64

I hope I haven't missed anything important because my first instinct was to check DLC and I got a free 5000p. So the quest to get 30p was done as soon as it was given to me, meaning I didn't need to go out and do stuff..

I hope I haven't missed anything important because my first instinct was to check DLC and I got a free 5000p. So the quest to get 30p was done as soon as it was given to me, meaning I didn't need to go out and do stuff..

Don't worry about it. Can't really miss anything in this game.

NeoRausch

nope, it just teaches you to slay monsters to get p. that's about it.

Went on a few hunts last night, was great! I finally see the co-op appeal.

That being said, I still have some questions. How do you tell what armor sets give you what abilities, and how do you know what those abilities do? I have an entire set of G. Jaggi armor, for example, but fuck if I know what bonuses outside of good defense I'm getting.

Fewr

Finally getting this today! Is there a link to a post here that teaches beginners about this Charm table stuff? I have no knowledge of it, other than that I might actually screw up my character.
Check my post history, a couple of days ago I quoted a post from gamefaqs about how far you have to play to check the table you got. If you want the details about the stopwatch and all that, you could look for it in this thread, or just google a gamefaqs thread everyone has posted.
I would link you, but I can´t, i´m posting from the mobile site.

Chuckpebble

Check my post history, a couple of days ago I quoted a post from gamefaqs about how far you have to play to check the table you got. If you want the details about the stopwatch and all that, you could look for it in this thread, or just google a gamefaqs thread everyone has posted.

Teamworkcast's SocialDissonance made an amazing tutorial that covers everything about charm tables. Full of links in the description. Add to OP?

God Charm! - A guide to MH3U's Charm Tables

btw, I didn't do anything special, just used the info within to find out what table I'm on. 14. Guess that's not bad.

That being said, I still have some questions. How do you tell what armor sets give you what abilities, and how do you know what those abilities do? I have an entire set of G. Jaggi armor, for example, but fuck if I know what bonuses outside of good defense I'm getting.

Once you equip a full set, go to the "status" menu to check out the skills you have for that armor set. You can even hover over to the skill and it tells you what it does.

Usually, skills are unlocked once values are at +10, +15 or +20. For example, to get Attack up Large, you'll need a point value of +20 on Attack, +15 for Medium, +10 for Small.

Kazerei

Banned

There's multiple pages in the equipment info, just press left/right on the D-pad I think.

On page 4 of the Jaggi Mail, you'll see:

Skill Tree / Skill Points
Stun +2
Attack +2
LastingPwr -2
Gluttony +2

On page 3, you'll probably see:

Active Skills
Attack Up (S)
Gourmand
Halve Stun

By having a total of Attack +10 across all your equipment, you gain the skill Attack Up (S). If you add some Decorations, you could achieve Attack +15 for the skill Attack Up (M).

Gluttony +10 gives you the Gourmand skill, and Stun +10 gives you the Halve Stun skill.

I convinced one of my friends to buy a 3DS for this. We are going to local multiplayer the shit out of this game.

Are the star ratings equivalent across single and multiplayer? Meaning, is a 1 star quest in Moga around the same as a 1 star quest in the harbor?

Checukpebble said:
When you're grilling meat, stare at the tip of the bone, and press A the moment it changes to brown. You'll hear this every time, without fail.

This is exactly right. I would add that the change in color happens right after the entire tune plays through once. It's like the tune ends --> one beat --> bone changes.

So before I get more in depth online, I'm working on building up my gear. Decided on an Azuro armor set with Jaggid Shotels & Jaggi Faulds, upgraded all to hell. Thinking of something else for the headgear thought -- how important is head armor overall?

I wouldn't worry too much about the charm table, unless you really are a min/max type player who absolutely has to get as many charms as possible for certain skillsets.

blackflag

In addition to what was already said, when you are looking at armor to forge, you should see a few options, one is skills. If you push whichever button it says, it will show you what skills the armor has and also what replacing your current piece with it, will do for your overall skill numbers.

Mr. Fix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAgfAotmSr4

Start with this video, it should cover most of your questions.

Charm Tables

^^ Can we put this link the OP?

Also, the Charm App lists all charms by table and is super useful if you know what you're doing.

Table Verification - When it's up and running, use this link.
Table Verification Alternate - Same as the first one, but it seems to work sometimes when the other is down.

I wanted to top of page snipe so people would see this and have info on tables.

<3 Thanks, all!

blackflag

This is exactly right. I would add that the change in color happens right after the entire tune plays through once. It's like the tune ends --> one beat --> bone changes.

So before I get more in depth online, I'm working on building up my gear. Decided on an Azuro armor set with Jaggid Shotels & Jaggi Faulds, upgraded all to hell. Thinking of something else for the headgear thought -- how important is head armor overall?

All of it helps. It adds to your total defense number

Does anyone else's Wii U get really loud when running from a disc? I am using the deluxe stand so would it be quieter if I put it sideways? Just kind of frustrating compared to my rather quiet desktop and PS3. (although it's no 360 Elite)

bitoriginal

Got the game today. Spent about 30 mins trying to sort this charm shit out. Hopefully I got table 10, I followed instructions, letting my 3DS charge fully before properly starting the game. I dunno why but I felt compelled to try and get the good charm table even though I'm definitely not a completionist.

Nintendo Australia said:
With Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate launching this weekend, we are pleased with the reception of the title on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Due to current demand we have identified some retail stores may have limited stock on Nintendo 3DS.
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles are available to purchase as a digital download directly from Nintendo eShop, including Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS launching this Saturday.

Nintendo Australia has also partnered with EB Games to offer Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS as a digital download code bought in store then redeemed for immediate download from Nintendo eShop.
http://www.vooks.net/rumour-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-facing-stock-issues-in-australia/

Awesome MH3U insert!

xYUgXOO.jpg

http://tinycartridge.com/post/45924501730/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-insert-for-3ds-boxes

Can anyone tell me the best way to make a trap? I wanna capture that Bear in the 2 star quest.

Trap Tool + Thunder Bug = Shock Trap
Trap Tool + Net = Pitfall Trap

Thunder Bugs you can buy from the old lady at the multiplayer tavern, or you can get them at the Moga Forest area 4.

Spiderweb + Ivy = Net

Airan

Is there a mirror for the charm table finder?

Alternatively, my first haul is

2x Sleepyfish
2x Sleepyfish
1x Humspun Conch
5x Popfish
2x Sushifish

Anyone got any idea what table that landed me on?

Coins

Banned
Im not sure why people are saying that the charm table isnt a big deal. The guy in the video explained you also wouldnt be able to get ingredients for armor if you land on a cursed table.

C-Jo

Have you guys been experiencing any weird lag issues with local co-op? I just did a 4 player hunt on 3DS and it was almost unplayable at times. Seems strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom