• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denshuu

Got my Wroggi gear and the Rathling Gun. Time to start playing online. Awwwjeahhh.

PFGQHqu.jpg

Hellraider

I'm still using leather armor, and I am up to 3 star quests. I don't really know what to buy for weapons/armor. Should I bother with it if I'm not dying?

As far as you are not getting killed in like two hits you can delay the purchase of an armor for as more as you like.There will be a point where you will want a certain armor, but until then you don't have to worry.Definitely upgrade weapons though.

denshuu

Is the Rathling Gun good for soloing?

It is for larger monsters. It fires Pierce lv1 and 2, which is good for monsters that are really wide.

But mainly for solo I've been using the Rathian gun with Ingot armor. That fires lv1 and lv2 Pellet shot, which just rips everything to shreds (Don't use it online though, because it hits your teammates and knocks them down). Ingot gives Pellet Shot Up which (I think) is a flat 30% damage increase for pellet. The only monster I didn't use the Rathian gun on was Uragaan, because he's so weak to water ammo (made a Ludroth gun for that one).

Infinite

Gotta say Wroggi armor for both sexes looks pretty bad ass. I can't wait till I get it a few status +1 gems so it can be usable.

Ghost23

I've decided to go for the Ludroth duel blades, and I will just upgrade the armor whenever I feel like it. I like having a plan, so I'm feeling better now!

derFeef

Downloading :) I will not be able to play tomorrow, or maybe later.
I got the feedback that bow is bad for starting, but I think I will just dive into it with a bow - love bows.

Emitan

Sorry guys, managed to kill Lagi in a super intense fight with only one other person. Currently helping my gf get through HR1 and getting her geared up.

DaBoss

So what's everyone's general opinion of the game thus far?
comparing it to Tri?

Better, but it seems easier. Probably because I was a noob in Tri.

EDIT: Though there is one veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrry minor detail that I'm not too fond of. It's the map, it looks worse when compared to Tri's maps. Honestly though, I really don't care about this, it's just what I think about it and nothing more.

EDIT: Though there is one veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrry minor detail that I'm not too fond of. It's the map, it looks worse when compared to Tri's maps. Honestly though, I really don't care about this, it's just what I think about it and nothing more.

I was thinking the same think about the level of difficulty. But maybe the High rank village quests will test me.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What sound comes out of a headset when plugged into the gamepad?
Can you turn off the need for the TV speakers and have everything go through the headset?

I'm thinking about getting an adapter for my 2-jack pc headset.

Lenardo

Banned
i just picked up the game today @ bestbuy

it was pathetic their WiiU selection

they DID NOT have in the WiiU game section

Monster Hunter Tri U, Lego City Undercover OR Need for Speed: Most Wanted U on display, if you did not Know they were out you would not Ever know.

i told the manager, how do you Expect to Sell the games if they are not on Display so people can buy them

Is it just me, or have the maps been changed up here and there? I swear there were fewer pathways in Tri, and the Sandy Desert's cave area looks different. Not just graphical touchups, but new layouts, I mean.

The game might be slightly easier, or I might be a hell of a lot better than I was before. The latter is undoubtedly true.

Robin64

All UK downloads are go!

That means the game on both 3DS and Wii U, the Data Transfer tool on 3DS and the Packet Relay tool on Wii U.

ugh, anyone else getting ,,acess control'' errors on the table searcher site?
This shit really kills my motivation, I don't wanna find out that I'm cursed when I'm already hours into the game.

Zornica

Banned
ugh, anyone else getting ,,acess control'' errors on the table searcher site?
This shit really kills my motivation, I don't wanna find out that I'm cursed when I'm already hours into the game.

yeah... same problem here.
just came home and it's not working, not even the original japanese site.

DaBoss

I was thinking the same think about the level of difficulty. But maybe the High rank village quests will test me.

I'm still rocking that leather armor, just going to face Lagiacrus.

Is it just me, or have the maps been changed up here and there? I swear there were fewer pathways in Tri, and the Sandy Desert's cave area looks different. Not just graphical touchups, but new layouts, I mean.

The game might be slightly easier, or I might be a hell of a lot better than I was before. The latter is undoubtedly true.

Yea, I liked the improvements in the maps (biggest one being tundra, where a one way path now is usable both ways), they also have better visuals.

Also, not sure if anyone understood what I meant by maps. I mean the mini-map. Worse than Tri's IMO. It makes no difference though.

Yuripaw

Banned
I caught them without Goldenfish bait.

Granted it took me around 30 minutes or so, and I had to continually fish to empty the "pool" so more would spawn, but I caught all three without the bait [I wasted my first Goldenfish bait since I didn't yet know how to fish -_-].

Yeah, I made the same mistake! That was pretty annoying, because at first I wasn't sure if I had any other means to catch a goldenfish after using all my worms, and such. Eventually they did start showing up again though, and I caught all 3 with just the lure.

Ridley327

I had a pretty successful morning online; I wound up helping someone get to HR3 and fought just about every HR2 mission in the process, making my eventual urgent much quicker to get to.

Yay progress!

On that note, I think it's time for me to start getting serious about armor again, as I can rock the Hunter set for only so long. Any experts have any suggestions for someone who will be largely using GS/SA/LS? I never had much of a gameplan for that in Tri, but I think I wound up using an upgraded Jhen set.

Anteo

Just killed the Great Wroggi. I used a SwitchAxe, this game can be pretty intense at times. Also near the end of the fight I hit his head with a attack from above and something broke and fell down to the ground (I got it but don't remember the name) also just after that every poison attack he used did not form a cloud, was that related to the thing I broke? Or is just the way the fight goes?

Ridley327

Just killed the Great Wroggi. I used a SwitchAxe, this game can be pretty intense at times. Also near the end of the fight I hit his head with a attack from above and something broke and fell down to the ground (I got it but don't remember the name) also just after that every poison attack he used did not form a cloud, was that related to the thing I broke? Or is just the way the fight goes?

Some monster abilities become far less useful once you break the body part associated with it. A good example of this is Qurupeco; if you break both of its flintstones, he won't be able to do nearly as much damage as he would normally with his flint explosion attack. Tails on larger monsters are also another good example, especially on ones with particularly nasty attacks like Diablos or Rathian.

Boogiepop

Finished up the rest of Rank 2 and took down the Royal Ludroth. Seeing how most stuff was bouncing off him too, I think it's probably about time to suck it up and actually hunt down materials for some better Dual Blades (still sticking it out with the crappy bone blades). Especially seeing how Barroth is up next, and he's one I actually remember bouncing off when I ran Great Sword in Tri.

Boogiepop

...Oh wow. I just downloaded the guide to the game (got a code for preordering at Gamestop), and it's 524 pages. That's... quite large.

Korezo

Killed rath 15 times still no plate drop.... I refuse to move on until I get my full rath gear. I even had lucky cat and super lucky cat active + captured... This game is just bs right now.

chrono01

The guide is great, but I don't know how much I'll use it.

I'm usually come on here for opinions on anything I need to know. -_-

Why are the weapons organized so strangely in the guide? I thought that they were in order of weakest --> strongest, but looking at it now that's not the case.

Not only that, it jumps around in ranks of "rarity", and can be difficult to ascertain what is/isn't an upgrade for what you're currently wielding.

Korezo

The guide is great, but I don't know how much I'll use it.

I'm usually come on here for opinions on anything I need to know. -_-

Where you DL guide? I reserved on gamestop but don't see any guide code on receipt.

Nvm, just got my receipt from the garbage and found it.

Alright people, I jumped into the Wii U MonHun fold, can't wait to start hunting!

I'll be in this thread quite often soaking up all the info and tips I can, because I'm a complete noob to this series but was very impressed by what I played in the demo. Had to finally see first hand what this series has in store, with people comparing it to Dark Souls level engagement.

Let's go!

DaBoss

Man these 3DS eshop download speeds are slow. Started download at midnight and it's still not finished.

You sure it's not your connection? 3DS eShop has always used up my full speed.

Alright people, I jumped into the Wii U MonHun fold, can't wait to start hunting!

I'll be in this thread quite often soaking up all the info and tips I can, because I'm a complete noob to this series but was very impressed by what I played in the demo. Had to finally see first hand what this series has in store, with people comparing it to Dark Souls level engagement.

Let's go!

Have fun.

chrono01

Where you DL guide? I reserved on gamestop but don't see any guide code on receipt.

Nvm, just got my receipt from the garbage and found it.
I can't speak for you, but I obtained my DL code through an email [since I pre-ordered online].

But it seems as though you've already found your code [it's usually printed on the receipt when pre-ordered in-store].

Enjoy!

liger05

You sure it's not your connection? 3DS eShop has always used up my full speed.

Dont have any issues when downloading from anywhere else. I downloaded a 1.7gb file earlier from the net which took 6 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom