• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

...Oh wow. I just downloaded the guide to the game (got a code for preordering at Gamestop), and it's 524 pages. That's... quite large.

Given how big the original guide is...

mh3g-official_guide_book-2.jpg

Madouu

God damn, took me 45-46 minutes to finish the first Qurupeco quest. It was really intense, I shouldn't have stopped to kill that Great Jaggi, by the end I really thought I wouldn't be able to kill him. Had to use all of my mega potions and play super careful in the last 10 minutes!

That feeling of satisfaction when I got him though, so good.

ramyeon

Ebgames here is terrible. Preordered this a month or so ago and it releases here tomorrow. It obviously won't deliver tomorrow being a Saturday but now they've updated the expected delivery date to next Wednesday. What a load of rubbish.

YAAAAAY I chopped up a nice Great Jaggi for the first time! (and then second right after)

So...what Longsword path should I be taking in terms of upgrading? Whats a good early Longsword goal to aim for?

Also, should I just use this G.Jaggi stuff to make some Jaggi armor, or should I save it in case I need it for better stuff?

Jarsonot

Phew, so I decided to go gunlance for a tail-cutting weapon, thanks largely in part to having an autoguard +10 charm.

Noticed I could forge a pretty badass one with Qurupecco parts, but didn't have enough.

Proceeded to kill Qurupecco 5 or 6 more times until I DID have enough. Now all I need are two more sharpened fangs and the gunlance is mine! I am excite.

Coldsnap

Downloading this game on the Eshop.. pretty sure it was a bad idea and I'm gonna hate it, but I gotta try at least! Thread subscribed to.

BooJoh

Yeah, still not seeing either of the apps up. Can someone from Europe tell us what they're called exactly? I've been searching for "monster hunter" and "transfer" and checking recent arrivals, but knowing the actual name would reassure me that I'm not just missing it because it could be called "MH3U Save App" or something.

Mafro

Wii U version downloading. ETA is 2 hours 40 minutes but I'm just leaving it to download and turn off automatically once it's done.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I must say, I've fallen in love with the Hunting Horn. As a Hammer user there are some similarities, although it plays quite differently in reality. Using it as a utility weapon in a group is fantastic. Giving unlimited stamina use and defensive buffs are just as appealing as it sounds. I was worried I would spend too much time just trying to play songs, but you can able combo the songs into your fighting really easily for the most part. I'll stick with the Hammer when I solo, but I'll definitely consider the Hunting Horn for any co-op missions from now on.

Unicorn

Where the cheapest place to get this?

Are download vouchers in stores yet? I thought that was going to be a thing (and thus a viable method to get games cheaper).

Question:

If I have a 3DS copy, my brother plays on Wii U in the same room and my other brother plays on Wii U but lives 20 miles away, can we all connect and play together?

This is sort of off topic but what do you guys think

Thinking about getting MH3U for 3ds and a 3ds system, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Pokemon Black 2, worth it?

Keep in mind I never played a Monster Hunter game but I want to get in this monster slaying.

Unicorn

Man, what am I doing? I have a ton of homework, but I just ordered an SD card online that won't be here until next week, but I want to go out tonight and pick up a 3DS XL (upgrade) and Monster Hunter, but won't be able to transfer and stuff until next week.

is that a problem? If not, I'm probably going to break down and do this terrible deed.

BooJoh

Question:

If I have a 3DS copy, my brother plays on Wii U in the same room and my other brother plays on Wii U but lives 20 miles away, can we all connect and play together?

I believe that's a no. You can play local play with a Wii U, or you can tunnel through the Wii U, but not both at the same time.

yami4ct

Going to run out and grab this on Wii U tomorrow. Super excited. It'll be my first Monster Hunter experience. I liked what I played in the demo and really can't wait to finally check out the full game.

Thinking about getting MH3U for 3ds and a 3ds system, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Pokemon Black 2, worth it?

Keep in mind I never played a Monster Hunter game but I want to get in this monster slaying.

Those are three big time sink games. Might want to spread out the game purchases if you do get a 3DS.

sgjackson

Sounds like hundreds of hours of fantastic amusement to me.

Chuckpebble

Is there a way to increase inventory space or is 3 pages the max we have the entire game?

Buy books from the lady on the far left. The first book is 3000 zenni, I think it's the pack rat guide?

Oh, you meant on your person, no, but gunners get 4 pages to account for ammo. The thing I mentioned expands the storage in your quarters.

Ken

Almost at Ceadeus... not looking forward to this at all. Just give me high rank village quests already. Need my Zinogre and Azure Los stuff!

That part was weird. In portable 3rd, Zinogre replaces Lagiacrus as the story monster so you fight him pretty early and can make low rank Zinogre armor.

Lyonaz

Download finished, 3 hours not bad, although I downloaded RE6 which was 13Gb in 15 min on Steam. :(

Gonna take MH3U for a spin and then head off to bed.

That part was weird. In portable 3rd, Zinogre replaces Lagiacrus as the story monster so you fight him pretty early and can make low rank Zinogre armor.

Have you gotten to High Rank yet in the village? If so, how much tougher are the monsters? I've been speed blitzing everything so far with my BCH.

Ken

Have you gotten to High Rank yet in the village? If so, how much tougher are the monsters? I've been speed blitzing everything so far with my BCH.

I did P. Ludroth and Wroggi. They weren't too hard. I have to imagine it ramps up with the bigger stuff.

Still waiting for that transfer app. D:

Filth

story monsters are pretty easy. im on 6 *'s and havent been killed once.

also waiting for the transfer app to finally play online :/ im sitting next to my wii u getting sad.

Doorman

Apologies GAF, I wound up playing online tonight with another friend of mine (the one who was having connection problems before, he finally got it sorted out). I promise we'll party up during the weekend at some point!

I'm happy to have finally completed my Qurupeco armor so that I can bard it up online with my hunting horn...now if only I had any charms that were actually useful with it. Nothing to do for now but wait it out and hope for the best, though I guess in the meantime thanks to my fire res, I'll at least be able to dominate Rathian pretty easily. Finally some revenge for their lack of plates in Tri!

Ken

Preorder cancelled! But that's because I already have the game....

Whatever though, maybe I'll just put a female character in the second slot, and see how that plays out for tonight.

I think that when you transfer saves, it overwrites the entire save (meaning all three slots) on the destination system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom