• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistwell

They made barroth easier?
Yeah. They added a long pause at the end of his charge that lets you sneak up on him and unload several hits, no matter how bad your positioning was. He doesnt hit very hard (I'm still in leather), and went down in a dozen minutes (using crap katana).

Most monsters were nerfed, but so far he's seemed to have received the biggest downgrade.

fr4nz

Just posted my final article about the localization of MH3U, have a read (if you aren't busy playing :p)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/reno/bl...hunter-3-ultimate---localization-notes-part-4

too bad that the french version kept the Tri translation with some really bad translation : when you want to take an item from the box, you have to select "supprimer" which means "delete" ... or the now famous "Quête succès" grammatically incorrect ... well

let's back to the hunt :p

Riposte

Yeah. They added a long pause at the end of his charge that lets you sneak up on him and unload several hits, no matter how bad your positioning was. He doesnt hit very hard (I'm still in leather), and went down in a dozen minutes (using crap katana).

Most monsters were nerfed, but so far he's seemed to have received the biggest downgrade.

That's unfortunate.

You know, I'm afraid Tri may be the better game.

That's unfortunate.

You know, I'm afraid Tri may be the better game.

A lot of monsters may have been nerfed, but they also added 30 extra monsters and a High rank story mode, plus G rank monsters. so the difficulty curve levels out some, actually making this slightly more accessible to newer players.

Lucid07

Can't wait to get home and play.

I'll be maining Gunlance+Lance, so I'll try for Table 4 (if any of the sites are up to check it) which seems to have more Guard stuff.

Good god, never got hit by horrible DL times from the eshop until I bought MH. DL'd over the night and still hardly any progress. Sitting at home prepped everything, easter vacation...Whhhhhyyyyyyy?

Morokh

Started this last night, still a bit confused by everything xD

I'm at the point where you unlock several guild quests for the first time.

For fishing, some kids gave me special baits it seems, how do I use them ?

Fistwell

Zero compelling textures my ass. Gorgeous detail on gobul and ian.
some textures do look like festering diarrhea though

ace3skoot

still No UPS man :( the wait is even harder because I have a shiny new console along with the game, and i have to go to work in 2 hours

9 hour shift too, guess i'll just have to sacrifice sleep to play before work tomorrow

Zero compelling textures my ass. Gorgeous detail on gobul and ian.
some textures do look like festering diarrhea though

Haven't most of the texture complaints been about the environments? Don't think I've read a single complaint about the creature work.

Does anyone have comparisons between the Wii U and 3DS versions? The drop off in image quality seems so much more severe in my head than I had imagined it would be.

How or where do I access the Bullfango DLC quest?

It's on the multiplayer island, at the quest desk under the last section. Something along the lines of urgent or special quests and it'll be the only one.

Does anyone know why the wii version was originally called Tri? Just now realized it has been switched to a standard 3.

Prade

idk what i did/if I even did anything wrong but cha cha is gone in my single player game and I dont know how to get him/her/it back

I dont know if I'm even supposed to have cha cha but I remember him being around before I went to the town and now he's missing i think

game is fun for my first monster hunter though, im doing some single player to get gear and stuff up before I hop online. killed a quropeco and a lagombi with some friends but hitting yellow max on my weapon sharpness was awful.

I feel like dual blades are going to get replaced but i dont know by what yet. Gunlance seemed cool but i dont know if i'm doing it right. I might just go sword and board

Once you repel the Lagi, cha cha will disappear. Don't worry, he'll be back so just keep on huntin'. Honestly, once you have a weapon with green sharpness, I'd say you're ready to hop online and start having a blast with some peeps. I wouldn't recommend just dropping a weapon entirely. If you want to start using a gunlance, just add it to your repertoire. If you aren't sure if you're really using a weapon correctly, I can recommend you Shepard. He's got tutorials on every weapon.

Xater

Barroth is supposed to be the first big stepping stone? I though he was pretty easy. Beat him first try with almost no healing items used.

is the na save tool released yet ?

Yes, it came out a few hours ago. Just search "Monster Hunter" and it'll be the first thing that pops up. Just to clarify you get it from the 3DS Eshop, the function is built into the Wii U game. Only mention it because I was somewhat confused about this before completing the process.

Got a Deep Dragon Gem from Ceadeus - this should come in handy. I'm not sure which weapon of Ceadeus to make: GS, DS or Lance. I'd make them all, but then I'd gotta farm him some more for Luminous Organs...

windfish

can't wait to get home from work, install the wii u version and join you guys. played offline for a couple of hours and made it to 4* quests with ease, basic leather equip and LS, game really seems a bit easier, guess they are stretching the difficulty since there are many new quests and G-rank!

Fistwell

can't wait to get home from work, install the wii u version and join you guys. played offline for a couple of hours and made it to 4* quests with ease, basic leather equip and LS, game really seems a bit easier, guess they are stretching the difficulty since there are many new quests and G-rank!
Working my way through offline right now. Around what time are you hoping to get online tonight? Might take a 2 hr break at some point to watch footie.

Haven't most of the texture complaints been about the environments?
Oh I have no idea, I just like to parrot that stupid meme because sarcasm and I have no personality. *shrug*
It sounds about right though. Then again, I think jaggi looked a little blurry (might have been my eyes, it was early this morning).

Edit: POP NULUT LADY IS BACK my life is finally complete <3

The first big wall in this game for newcomers is probably going to be Lagiacrus. Then all hell breaks loose once Rathalos, Diablos, and Agnaktor are introduced.

Oh I have no idea, I just like to parrot that stupid meme because sarcasm and I have no personality. *shrug*
It sounds about right though. Then again, I think jaggi looked a little blurry (might have been my eyes, it was early this morning).

My sarcasm detector must be off, running on fumes :p It'll be harder for me to find too much fault in the Wii U version at all after playing the 3DS version. Well, not necessarily harder for me to find it but for me to be critical or even care. The one advantage it does have is the framerate seems to be a bit more consistent, not that the Wii U version is a mess in that regards by any means.

Resilient

All of the charm table sites have been down since yesterday morning. Not sure what happened.

Hmkay...any other options or just sit tight?

For what it's worth, I hit "OK" on my Wii U time and hit the stopwatch at the exact same time, and hit New Game at about 1.43.56s (going for Table 10). Should I be worried?

I'm a MHFU vet and skipped out on Tri so I'm itching to just sink my teeth in and get to the main quests :<

Hmkay...any other options or just sit tight?

For what it's worth, I hit "OK" on my Wii U time and hit the stopwatch at the exact same time, and hit New Game at about 1.43.56s (going for Table 10). Should I be worried?

I'm a MHFU vet and skipped out on Tri so I'm itching to just sink my teeth in and get to the main quests :<

I honestly did the exact same thing you did and got T10 first try. There's like a 1-2 second window to get in a specific table.

Haven't most of the texture complaints been about the environments?

"zero-compelling textures" comes from a post, which i cannot for the life of me find right now, in which another gaffer posted an image of an underwater mining point and complained about the texture work "on the jellyfish"

or something to that effect

Reigan

Banned
Well the charm table is still not working so i am going to post it on here just in case someone else is able to get it working.

Shining starfish x1 Whetfish x4 Popfish x5 Popfish x4 Popfish x4

Shining starfish x1 Shining starfish x1 Popfish x5 Pintuna x2

Sleepyfish x2 Popfish x5 Sushifish x3 Pintuna x2

Thanks in advance.

Are these guys harder than they were in MHFU or pretty much the same?

Well, since the stamina feature got introduced in 3rd gen, monsters got a bit easier. Still, Rathalos hovers around, but doesn't fly away as often. Diablos still hits hard and is raging like always.

Also, nothing will ever compare to Four Horns from the first MH. -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom