• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"zero-compelling textures" comes from a post, which i cannot for the life of me find right now, in which another gaffer posted an image of an underwater mining point and complained about the texture work "on the jellyfish"

or something to that effect

Ah ok, obviously missed that post and subsequent "discussion" That's always frustrating though, spent more time than I care to admit trying to find an old post I found amusing in one of the OT threads.

And given I have no desire to do something similar here, can someone link the post I believe I saw that had a printable version of the European 3DS reversible cover? In the US it's just white sadly. Also: What printer settings they recommend.

Barioth and Gigginox feel harder in this version. Did Barioth have that body check move in Tri?

Barioth didn't have that hip check. I think that Barioth got nerfed, actually. He leaves a bigger opening after a charge, even bigger if you break its spikes. Doesn't seem to move/fly around often like in Tri.

Gigginox is still the same to me and silly with the poisonous gas. I really need to make Wroggi+ set for future encounters...

"zero-compelling textures" comes from a post, which i cannot for the life of me find right now, in which another gaffer posted an image of an underwater mining point and complained about the texture work "on the jellyfish"

or something to that effect

Ah ok, obviously missed that post and subsequent "discussion" That's always frustrating though, spent more time than I care to admit trying to find an old post I found amusing in one of the OT threads.

Oh, allow me:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31617085&postcount=51

How do you move up in HR? Can you just do any quest and you gain points towards next HR?

You have to complete the required quests to advance in HR, but once you get to G-rank you'll need HR points to get to the next rank.

From low to high rank, it's like completing the required village quests to advance.

Beats

How do you move up in HR? Can you just do any quest and you gain points towards next HR?

It seems like it's based on unique quest completion. I only got the urgent in HR1 when I did all the hunt quests even though I repeated some of them a few times.

fr4nz

this is how i've configured the lower screen :

F3E2i9v.jpg

so,I can control the camera with both thumb, depending when I need to hold button or the analog stick :p

what's yours ?

Jarsonot

Got the packet relay program, now just waiting for LAN adaptor. I am excite!

I haven't done any multiplayer stuff yet, but I've farmed myself the Qurupecco gunlance and the ... Rathalos (?) armor - the teddy bear armor. I also have a Hunter Bow Level 3.

Anyone know how voice chat works with the packet relay tool? It reads as if it just sets up a lobby and spoofs it so the 3DS sees it as local. I haven't found any info as to whether or not it also has some sort of chat function.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing y'all online!

(Friend is mailing adaptor, but may get impatient and call around used places for a Wii one)

Gamble

Ok so I picked up my copy of this last night managed to grab the last one gamestop had *joy* and the only MH I have ever played with multiplayer was freedom unite with one of my buddies never over the net. So how exactly does coop/multiplayer work in the Wii U version, I tried going to the multiplayer port in the game but there were no other players around but me so I know it's something ridiculously simple I am over looking :-(

Last MH bundle in the store. All 3ds versions and wii u single versions were sold out. Only got an 8 hour shift to go before I can play though.

I got a club nintendo code with my wii u version.

windfish

Working my way through offline right now. Around what time are you hoping to get online tonight? Might take a 2 hr break at some point to watch footie.

i hope to get started at 16:00/17:00, guess i will be playing online only today so we should meet sooner or later anyway <3

Ryuuga

Banned
Plan of action (now the transfer app is out):

Play on 3DS throughout the day then hop on the Wii U version only when my friends want to get a multiplayer hunt going.

I have no idea what weapon I want to use, is it worth playing around with charm tables or should I mess around and then start a new game once I've gotten an idea about what I would want to use?

Is there an expectation that you should always use the same weapon? I don't have much experience with the series outside of playing MHFU for about 20h or so

Ken

You have to complete the required quests to advance in HR, but once you get to G-rank you'll need HR points to get to the next rank.

From low to high rank, it's like completing the required village quests to advance.

I wish there was a way to search rooms by quests. Oh well, HR2 GAF assemble (tomorrow)!

kinggroin

Banned
Is it just me, or is this game getting more attention than Tri did? Maybe I'm just forgetting how the internet reacted.

Tough to say. The Wii had a substantially larger install base to sell the game to. Thread seemed to move even faster than this one (lasted a long ass time too).

Sorry if its already been addressed but does the retail Wii U one come with Club Nintendo points?

The shop I'm getting it from is known to 'lose' them from time to time and I never know with brand new games whether they're actually supposed to have one or not.

Yea we barely ever get sealed games here. :( Shops always put the discs away and use the real case out on the shelves.

kinggroin

Banned
Ok so I picked up my copy of this last night managed to grab the last one gamestop had *joy* and the only MH I have ever played with multiplayer was freedom unite with one of my buddies never over the net. So how exactly does coop/multiplayer work in the Wii U version, I tried going to the multiplayer port in the game but there were no other players around but me so I know it's something ridiculously simple I am over looking :-(

talk to the cat at the port, and select the very last option network mode.

Fewr

I have no idea what weapon I want to use, is it worth playing around with charm tables or should I mess around and then start a new game once I've gotten an idea about what I would want to use?

Is there an expectation that you should always use the same weapon? I don't have much experience with the series outside of playing MHFU for about 20h or so
Mess around with all weapons to see which you prefer. Pick a few, and eventually you'll have a "main" weapon, and a couple of alts. You can switch weapons as much as you want, and I imagine it's a good thing to know more than one weapon online because you could help when something is needed e.g. Hammer to stun or a sword to chop off parts, etc. If you end up deciding you just want to use one weapon all the time, that's fine too.

Once or while you're done messing around with weapons I reckon the charm table checker will be back up again, and you'll get to check which you got, and decide if you want to stay there or start again on a particular table. Veterans of the franchise say this is just for min/maxers, so as long as you don't land on a cursed table you should be fine.

I am also new to this game, it's what I understand so far.

Gamble

talk to the cat at the port, and select the very last option network mode.

Don't remember seeing this option unless I was talking to the wrong cat the only option he gave me were multiplayer port and single player port but I will check again once I'm off work...............this will be the hardest 8 hours of my life :-(

Resilient

For what it's worth for table people;

I've ran a few "tests" so to say. Using my iPhone, if you start the clock and hit the "OK" button on the tablet at the exact same time, and then press the Home button to check the time, the Wii U clock will run 1 minute when the iPhone is at about 59.5 seconds or thereabouts. So if you went for Table 10 and needed 1m 43s-45s, the Wii U would be about .3 seconds ahead of your iPhone. If you're like me and hit New Game at the 1.43.56 mark, that would last you within Table 10 pretty comfortably. Just a heads up for those panicking.

Guys, feel like an idiot for asking this but how do I change weapons. I am right at the start of the game and cannot find the equipment Menu..

Thanks

Oh yeah, I'm addicted again! I downloaded both versions last night, downloading from the Wii U eShop took approximately 2 hours. I did not expect it to be that fast after some stories I have heard lately.
The Wii U - 3DS crossplay is a blessing!

Rize_21

You can't carve a monster killed in a shock trap,just had this situation with a Lagiacrus underwater,I wonder if it gives you as much reward as if it was captured,because the reward was quite consequent!

TheExodu5

Banned
So is the Switch Axe decent in MH3U? I remember in Tri everyone said that the GS was flat out better. I'm usually using the hunting horn, but it wouldn't hurt to have a tail cutting weapon as an alternate choice.

Ryuuga

Banned
The tool still dont work, I want to know if I have to restart or not now :(

Same problem. Perhaps I should start a second character just in case of getting a cursed table.

What problem do you two seem to be having? Are you transferring from the Wii U version to the 3DS or viceversa? I recently transferred my data from Wii U to 3DS but only after deleting all previous data on the 3DS by holding L+R+X in the in-game options as Fewr posted on the last page. You shouldn't run into any issues otherwise nor should you need to restart.

So is the Switch Axe decent in MH3U? I remember in Tri everyone said that the GS was flat out better. I'm usually using the hunting horn, but it wouldn't hurt to have a tail cutting weapon as an alternate choice.

It's very viable. While the cut damage is noticeably lower than past iterations, having a combination of impact and slice makes it a quite a convenient weapon for me to change along with whatever situation.

DaBoss

What problem do you two seem to be having? Are you transferring from the Wii U version to the 3DS or viceversa? I recently transferred my data from Wii U to 3DS but only after deleting all previous data on the 3DS by holding L+R+X in the in-game options as Fewr posted on the last page. You shouldn't run into any issues otherwise nor should you need to restart.

They seems to be talking about the fishing tables site. :p

Mupod

Is it a good thing that I keep absolutely everything?
I always do that thanks to JRPG.

Almost every item has a use. There's a few that are made to be sold though. And once you start making armor/weapons, quest reward money won't cut it so you'll be selling your excess monster parts.

And of course there will be a time where you sell a part you think you'll never need and then an hour later realize you DID need it to make a random decoration or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom