• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, can someone explain to me how that tool that allows you to play the 3DS version online works? I tried looking it up, but I just got more confused.

Goddamn, that White XL is so gorgeous. Damn you, NoA. Damn you.

Heh, it's actually the pink one released over here as well. The inside just happens to be all white. Think it's a really pleasant contrast, is a peachy pink as well and not a nasty hot one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For what it's worth for table people;

I've ran a few "tests" so to say. Using my iPhone, if you start the clock and hit the "OK" button on the tablet at the exact same time, and then press the Home button to check the time, the Wii U clock will run 1 minute when the iPhone is at about 59.5 seconds or thereabouts. So if you went for Table 10 and needed 1m 43s-45s, the Wii U would be about .3 seconds ahead of your iPhone. If you're like me and hit New Game at the 1.43.56 mark, that would last you within Table 10 pretty comfortably. Just a heads up for those panicking.

Likely just user input error (not saying you're no perfect or anything...But 0.5s is likely touch sensitivity of the device). The same results can be had on the 3DS XL and an iPhone. I did exactly like you and hit New Game at the 1.44.00 mark as a way of giving myself a little wiggle room. My test showed a switch over at "nearly the same moment" which I attributed to simply not hitting the buttons 100% simultaneously.

Good to know that it starts right when you set your clock and not once the screen returns! Keep that in mind folks. :)

DaBoss

In front of my mailbox right now :(

Please don't burn through the low level content in 3 days, I see some people are already G rank, that's frightening

Well that doesn't seem so hard to do, you just have to not complete all of the quests.

I'm taking my time completing each quest before I go to the next level.

Fewr

In front of my mailbox right now :(

Please don't burn through the low level content in 3 days, I see some people are already G rank, that's frightening
Some of uslike to take our time, so at least I'll be around doing low level quests for a long time. The update that will allow EU to play with US will arrive and I reckon I'll be rank 3 or so lol.

Neifirst

Possibly a dumb question:

I started playing around with the combining list and created some mega nutrients. In the description it says that increases maximum health. Is that a permanent increase, or only active while you're on the quest where you consume it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I started playing around with the combining list and created some mega nutrients. In the description it says that increases maximum health. Is that a permanent increase, or only active while you're on the quest where you consume it?

Only on the quest you consume it.

Mupod

What determines how many bullets or coatings of a certain type you can bring in your gunner pouch?

It's type dependent, generally you can't carry as many of the more powerful shots.

You're supposed to bring extra materials to combine into more ammo mid-mission. Combo books are a must for gunners.

On the current quest, it's similar to a food buff. If you die (cart) you lose it.

DaBoss

You quesrion is already answered above but here is a another tip. Combine it with a Dragon Toadstool to make a Max Potion. It does what it implies. Heals you completely and gives you max health.

Mupod

You quesrion is already answered above but here is a another tip. Combine it with a Dragon Toadstool to make a Max Potion. It does what it implies. Heals you completely and gives you max health.

Yep, I always bring one around as 'insurance'.

Immunizer + kelbi horn gets you an ancient potion which maxes hp AND stamina, but you can only carry one. You can easily get immunizers from Sharqs if you finish them off with a harpoon, and you need sharqskins to progress the storyline so it doesn't hurt to go take care of that ASAP. You can combine them too of course, although I can never remember what the hell you need off the top of my head.

Mr E.

I asked this question awhile back but I'd like some feedback please. Using 1 3DS copy and 1 wii u copy and sharing both systems.

Is it possible for 2 users to play together using a 3Ds and wii u? I was assured that it is possible because the game has 3 save slots.
Ok so far so good.

It seems that the file gets deleted when transfering between systems, so in effect only one system is ever active. How could my son and I play together? Does it delete only one save slot or the whole lot ? If it delets the lot I'm screwed and capcom are arseholes.

Thanks if anyone knows or if anyone else is in the same predicament.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Gah. I've only had a few hours to get started and haven't even made it online yet. I should be able to get online this weekend and into next week- NNID is Schuelma, if you want to play with a perfectly polite and thoroughly mediocre gafer.

Mupod

I asked this question awhile back but I'd like some feedback please. Using 1 3DS copy and 1 wii u copy and sharing both systems.

Is it possible for 2 users to play together using a 3Ds and wii u? I was assured that it is possible because the game has 3 save slots.
Ok so far so good.

It seems that the file gets deleted when transfering between systems, so in effect only one system is ever active. How could my son and I play together? Does it delete only one save slot or the whole lot ? If it delets the lot I'm screwed and capcom are arseholes.

Thanks if anyone knows or if anyone else is in the same predicament.

Not 100% sure but I think you can have a second save file on the 3DS if you make a different account. I was planning on doing this so my brother in law can play when he's visiting.

OH OH OH OH BY THE WAY

Yesterday I fought Brachy two times! Not really hard but he's fun.

So far...

Arzurus - Easiest monster ever.

Wroggi - One of my favorites!

Duramboros - Best new monster so far and VERY fun to fight.

Nibelsnarf - Worst monster ever.

Brachydios - Not hard but you have to be very careful or else... Fun to fight!

Lagombi - Irrelevant.

Plesioth - High Rank Plesi does a lot of damage, kinda hard, but he's not deadly.

Crimson Qurupeco - Awesome subspecies, fun to fight!

Sorry if its already been addressed but does the retail Wii U one come with Club Nintendo points?

The shop I'm getting it from is known to 'lose' them from time to time and I never know with brand new games whether they're actually supposed to have one or not.

Yea we barely ever get sealed games here. :( Shops always put the discs away and use the real case out on the shelves.

Unfortunately not, only the 3DS version gets the points. When I asked 20 or so pages back I was told Need for Speed: Most Wanted is the first third party, non nintendo published title to get a Club Nintendo slip with the retail release. Hopefully that becomes a frequent thing in the future.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man it feels so good finally syncing back up with the Great Sword. There was a bit of a rustycurve but now I'm back with it full force. So good.

DaBoss

Unfortunately not, only the 3DS version gets the points. When I asked 20 or so pages back I was told Need for Speed: Most Wanted is the first third party, non nintendo published title to get a Club Nintendo slip with the retail release. Hopefully that becomes a frequent thing in the future.

I think Europe does get CN coins for MH3U for the Wii U since it is published by Nintendo. Unfortunately, here in NA it doesn't.

daxy

iznjirYC1gzJv.png

Just picked up this monstrosity. The white/black contrast doesn't do it any favors.

Takes some getting used to!

NotLiquid

Picked up my copy of the game. Turns out the store I got it from were giving out shirts.

ISVr2FN.jpg

Anyone else who's retailer was giving it out?

Nicktals

Banned
Transfer app up for NA? I heard people talking about it, but couldn't find it on the 3DS eShop. I just want to make sure I can get on after work today.

Effect

I mostly notice it with just the character text... Which I really dont care about.

This. The character text is small but when you get a popup from say the Chief or the Guild Sweetheart the text size is okay. I wonder if something like this can be patched?

It's going almost impossible to read once Off-TV play is patched in.

Transfer app up for NA? I heard people talking about it, but couldn't find it on the 3DS eShop. I just want to make sure I can get on after work today.

You have to search for Monster Hunter and it'll be the first item that shows up. Not actually in the front directory yet.

Effect

Apparently, it's just for region-free play for the west and Off-TV play.

That's a shame. I had a great view I wanted to post last night only to realize I couldn't. I just take it for granted that you can do that in games. Here's hoping that get's put in at some point.

kinggroin

Banned
Gah. I've only had a few hours to get started and haven't even made it online yet. I should be able to get online this weekend and into next week- NNID is Schuelma, if you want to play with a perfectly polite and thoroughly mediocre gafer.

Up for a play on Saturday, evening? I can help you progress a little faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom