• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyonaz

For the people wondering about sound output through GamePad, the option is there and works great, I got my Wii U hooked up on my PC monitor and this is way better than the speakers on my Iiyama screen.

Camjo-Z

These water controls are really making me wish I hadn't lost my Circle Pad Pro. Wasn't planning on buying another one but this and that new Renegade Kid horror game that supports it are giving me no choice!!

Pineconn

I'm pretty sure I've seen a video of a bow cutting a tail.

edit: maybe not? Can't find it.

Bowguns can cut tails with Slicing S, but I don't think the Bows can (other than melee). I very well could be wrong.

In other news, holy fuck is the Gigginox a badass gunner set. Reload AND status AND hearing.

Rize_21

What are some good dual blades I should work towards? I am completely lost when it comes to equipment in this game. I am still really early in the game...just made the jaggi set.

Once you'll have the 4* quests,do a couple of Lagombis,the necessary parts for crafting the weapon are pretty easy to get,the stats are: 168 attack,120 ice element,and a good part of green sharpness!

Kyzon

Faced my first durabouros of whatever its called, with a team that was kicking all kinds of Bari and lagi butt for an hour. This thing took them down. Two of them ran out of potions in the 40 minute fight and me and the other dude brought it to sleeping/limp. That final rage mode took out two dudes, the final death being an across the room jump tail slam. It was a beautiful move had we not been so close to it being over.

Sigh.

The next quest I picked rathian and destroyed it without being hit once while carrying the team. It was an awesome redemption. Then the rewards sucked.

Dam you drop fairy. I was riding high after so low...

Is your hunter's name Axel? If so I was the guy using the Chainsaw

TheExodu5

Banned
Any advice on what path to take for the hunting horn?
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Hunting_Horn_Weapon_Tree

Cross checking the horn and song list, the Lagia path seems really good. You get Attack & Defense S, Defense L, Negate Stamina Usage L, and Wind Pressure Negated.

Rinforzato seems good as well. You get Attack L, Defense L, Health L, and Wind Pressure Negated. No purple sharpness though. I'm not sure how important that is.

Stygian Tristitia seems great with Attack L and Dragon damage.

Filth

I haven't got this game yet because I only have a 3DS and it has no online play. Does this new update allow online play via the 3DS alone, or does everyone on this thread also have a WiiU?

The 3ds isn't getting online. You can only play online with a 3ds if you have a wii u

Emitan

Any advice on what equipment I should be using? I'm at the 5 star village quests.

Current Equipment:
Dragonmaiden Axe
Wroggi Hat
Wroggi Mail
Wroggi Vambraces
Wroggi Faulds
Wroggi Greaves
Bishop Talisman (Gluttony +10)

Active Skills:
Negate Poison
Shakalaka Rally
Gourmond
Razor Sharp

kidko

Transfer app is out, got my character in my 3DS, captured a Mo' while taking a sit down at work... all is right with the universe!

Demo Water Section is even more bemusing. I love the swampy area in this game, small and close; great for underwater stuff.

Not had to fight anything other than the placid fish in the area though; but it was fun to swim about in.

Will I still be able to enjoy this game if I play solo 95% of the time? Not really interested in online as I want to play at my own pace

Should I still bother?

Never really played a MH game but I love games like this. Been playing JRPG's for decades and beat Dark Souls etc.

Kouriozan

Ok that first online hunt was nice.
First quest I did some hit but I was bad overall, I was doing better in the second quest, I actually stunned Barroth.
Barroth with starting armors/weapon! x)

Kuntz

Clicking on this thread is torture.
I had planned to play the whole fri/sat/sun.

Well have fun, I'll try not to come back until Tuesday.

I need alcohol...

Hellraider

Will I still be able to enjoy this game if I play solo 95% of the time? Not really interested in online as I want to play at my own pace

Should I still bother?

Never really played a MH game but I love games like this. Been playing JRPG's for decades and beat Dark Souls etc.

If you liked Dark Souls, you'll be fine.Just don't expect the game to play like dark souls, they just share some philosophies which make people who like one of them like the other one as well.

Single player content is huge and great, don't worry.

DaBoss

Any advice on what equipment I should be using? I'm at the 5 star village quests.

Current Equipment:
Dragonmaiden Axe
Wroggi Hat
Wroggi Mail
Wroggi Vambraces
Wroggi Faulds
Wroggi Greaves

Active Skills:
Negate Poison
Shakalaka Rally
Gourmond
Razor Sharp

Should be using a Leather set. :p

Looks good to me.

Volodja

Finally I have my 3DS copy.
Too bad I can't dedicate the entire day to it.
It will take me a while to adapt to not having the claw.

Friend me and we can noobie it up together. NNID: ChuckNyce

Edit: Currently stuck at work but will hopefully be on later tonight

Done :)

Does anyone know how to change between standard and dynamic hub in game? Kind of regret not having health and stamina on the TV screen now..

Neo C.

I'm going online at 7pm MEZ with my cousin. If someone wants to join in, be our guest. We are still very early in the game though.

Chuckpebble

Current Equipment:
Dragonmaiden Axe
Wroggi Hat
Wroggi Mail
Wroggi Vambraces
Wroggi Faulds
Wroggi Greaves

Active Skills:
Negate Poison
Shakalaka Rally
Gourmond
Razor Sharp

Can you tell me what that skill does? I just got a charm that has +4 team leader, but I can't figure out what it's for, but I think it goes towards this skill.

Emitan

Can you tell me what that skill does? I just got a charm that has +4 team leader, but I can't figure out what it's for, but I think it goes towards this skill.

I have no idea because Cha-Cha disappeared so I can't test it.

Also my .pdf guide is causing my poor laptop to crash :(

DaBoss

Not sure which one you want.

Code:
Skill Name      Skill Earned         Function
TEAMPLAYER      SHAKALAKA RALLY      KAYAMBA AND CHA-CHA ATTACK AND DEFENSE IS INCREASED BY 10% AND STAMINA RECOVERY IS INCREASED BY 50%.
TEAMLEADER      SHAKALAKA CHEER      KAYAMBA AND CHA-CHA WILL BE INSTANTLY REVIVED WHEN THEY ARE SIGNALED. ONLY WORKS ONCE EVERY 10 MINUTES.

EDIT: lol at Nibelsnarf just eating those 2 Rhenopolos.

Hunting the qurupeco with NO potions besides the first aid in the item box, weak armor, weak hammer and finally defeating it with only 2 minutes left on my last life reminds my why I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME.

Bought it on the eShop.

No space on SD card even after clearing everything... Have to go shopping for a new one tomorrow - class 10 16GB should do the trick

I hate to be "that" guy, but this is my first Monster Hunter game. Would the 3DS version be a good starting point? Is there really no online multi?

dubq

Sorry, I had posted this earlier last night but I think it got lost with the thread movement. Does anyone know why some armor pieces have no skill table? Ie: the jaggi vest has no values in the skill table, but the jaggi mail does..

windfish

i don't believe i actually made it into the online lobby, too bad the gaf rooms seem to be full,
anyone else looking for someone to join, going after 1* quests and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom