• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggroin

Banned
Can't play on Saturday. :(

I also want to get some better equipment and get a refresher on the mechanics before I hop online again. I'm sure we'll find a time to play together. ^^

No doubt.

Edit: question for folks playing online. You use voice chat or what?

I personally do, and typically introduce myself to the room I join. Also, its a lot easier to call strategies and coordinate (or berate team members) than typing during a lagiacrus spear-head dash attack.

Jarsonot

Sorry, I had posted this earlier last night but I think it got lost with the thread movement. Does anyone know why some armor pieces have no skill table? Ie: the jaggi vest has no values in the skill table, but the jaggi mail does..

I think it's because each set of armor has two versions, a blademaster and a gunner version. If you currently have a blade weapon equipped you won't see skills for the gunner version, and vice versa.

I think. =)

blackflag

Dude wtf, unless I remember wrong, I used to get Monster Bone L from Barroth and Gobul. I've killed/captured them a bunch of times all I get is small and medium bones.

I'm on 4 star now still using iron hammer + because I can't get any damn large bones.

Nirran

Just got the game myself. Put a lot of time into Tri so looking forward to jumping back in. NNID is Nirran if anyone wants to join up. Barely have any friends on there playing MH.

dubq

I think it's because each set of armor has two versions, a blademaster and a gunner version. If you currently have a blade weapon equipped you won't see skills for the gunner version, and vice versa.

I think. =)

That actually makes total sense to me.. I did have a blade attached.. and I also noticed the "-" button would switch between Blademaster and Gunner sets. Good to know! Thanks man! :)

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Hey guy's, mind if I ask a quick noob question?
Bought the 3DS version, and loving it so far. Using the bow as my weapon, and bought some coatings for the arrows. How exactly do I use them?
Also, I seem to have zoomed into the map, making it hard to follow, and I can't figure out how to get it to it's default setting.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Salaadin

So much info on the wiki. This is a lot to take in for a first time MH player. My mind is boggled.

Im currently wearing Hunters Armor but am thinking of moving into Great Jaggi instead. I also need a new weapon but am unsure of which path to take or if I want to start a new one. BAH!!

Xater

Alright, killed the Lagiacrus.I am still running a round in a Great Jaggi armor set. I wondering which one I should work towards now. Any tips for what to get for the volcano area?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Any advice on what equipment I should be using? I'm at the 5 star village quests.

Current Equipment:
Dragonmaiden Axe
Wroggi Hat
Wroggi Mail
Wroggi Vambraces
Wroggi Faulds
Wroggi Greaves
Bishop Talisman (Gluttony +10)

Active Skills:
Negate Poison
Shakalaka Rally
Gourmond
Razor Sharp

Since low rank Wroggi cloths give you +5 Status, I put decorations in it to hit 10+ Status on mine. If you're using anything Paralysis / Poison wise, it's something to consider. To make those jewels, you have to farm Bnahabra. Kill them with Poison Bombs for the easiest results.

Alright, killed the Lagiacrus.I am still running a round in a Great Jaggi armor set. I wondering which one I should work towards now. Any tips for what to get for the volcano area?

A Water weapon will come in handy, because three of the big monsters there are weak to it.

Haunted

How do you guys use the voicechat? Just plug a headset with one connector into the gamepad?

Guess I'll need to find a two-to-one adapter, my headset has two outs, one for the mic and one for headphones.

denshuu

They significantly increased drop rates in this game, at least for low rank. In Tri I had to fight about 30 Gigginoxes before I got a Fearsome Maw, and now I get one literally every single time I fight him. Never saw a Rathian Plate and rarely saw Rath Marrow in Tri and now I've got 2 plates after 10 fights and plenty of marrow. Same deal with Qurupeco's flint stones.

N9RH5y3.jpg

Ridley327

GAFfers I was playing with: did you guys disconnect into a solo game as well? I had that happen earlier on with another group while fighting Durabouros. All I can say is that I hope you had as much luck in getting a Rath Plate from the Aptanoth feeding drop as I did.

They significantly increased drop rates in this game, at least for low rank. In Tri I had to fight about 30 Gigginoxes before I got a Fearsome Maw, and now I get one literally every single time I fight him. Never saw a Rathian Plate and rarely saw Rath Marrow in Tri and now I've got 2 plates after 10 fights and plenty of marrow. Same deal with Qurupeco's flint stones.

N9RH5y3.jpg

Hmm... I'm not having the same luck as you...

How do you guys use the voicechat? Just plug a headset with one connector into the gamepad?

Guess I'll need to find a two-to-one adapter, my headset has two outs, one for the mic and one for headphones.

There is voice chat integrated into the gamepad.
You press the voicechat button at the top of your controller screen.

muu

N9RH5y3.jpg

Think they're making it easy on you for the regular and high-ranked items to get you hooked, then laying the hammer down for the G drops.

wwm0nkey

just click the top right of the screen that says mic on and you can use your WiiU as a mic.

daxy

Desire sensor needs patching.

Ghost23

I'm on the 3 star village quests, and I'm still using leather armor and basic duel blades. What's some good armor/duel blades I should work towards? I'm starting to die frequently.

blackflag

Dude wtf, unless I remember wrong, I used to get Monster Bone L from Barroth and Gobul. I've killed/captured them a bunch of times all I get is small and medium bones.

I'm on 4 star now still using iron hammer + because I can't get any damn large bones.

Anyone know if these re pretty rare now? I can't get one to drop at all. Never used to be hard to get.

Fistwell

damn xD ill try to join you from time to time, looking somewhere else for now, so many rooms allready kickin people with hr 1 -.-
Weird bailed, I'll set up a room, Free play 3, lobby 7, GAF, password: . Neo, wanna join us?

Edit: nice playing with you guys btw, Kouriozan, then Weird and whoever else that was.

Ok that first online hunt was nice.
First quest I did some hit but I was bad overall, I was doing better in the second quest, I actually stunned Barroth.
Barroth with starting armors/weapon! x)
Yea that was pretty cool! :D

NeoRausch

Weird bailed, I'll set up a room, Free play 3, lobby 7, GAF, password: . Neo, wanna join us?

Edit: nice playing with you guys btw, Kouriozan, then Weird and whoever else that was.

Yea that was pretty cool! :D

I bailed?! common now! :p

yeah, it was pretty good. can't wait for next time!

muu

Anyone know if these re pretty rare now? I can't get one to drop at all. Never used to be hard to get.

if you're using hammer just go the Frozen Core route. Very easy to make (farm tundras for a while) and should be more than enough to get you through the lower-tier village quests.

Brannon

Okay, I'm probably going to be embarrassed, but damn it, is it even possible to beat the Purple Ludroth in the challenge area in ~5 minutes with the Great Sword they give you?

Because if so... what the hell is wrong with me?

How is this game solo on the 3ds? Is it true that there's no multiplayer at all? Will I miss a lot not getting to experience multiplayer or should I wait to get this on wii u?

explodet

This is probably a dumb question, but can a Wii U save transferred to 3DS be then transferred to another account on another Wii U?

blackflag

if you're using hammer just go the Frozen Core route. Very easy to make (farm tundras for a while) and should be more than enough to get you through the lower-tier village quests.

Cool I'll check out the tree. Also unlocked the paralyze hammer that I remember being pretty great from Tri. Almost have everything to make that.

Mupod

Dammit Barioth, give me your spikes. I need a new HH.

He's a bit trickier to fight with a HH in this game than a hammer in Tri (HURRR SUPER POUND) but he's still no big deal. Evade+1 helps a lot and once his wings are busted a speed boosted HH can consistently whack him on the nose during his longer recovery animations.

Wonder if capturing will give me better chances at spikes. I should only need 2 more if I go the arzuros gong upgrade route.

Alex

Hopefully I'll get to put a lot more time in over the weekend, it's getting so rough for me to sit down and binge into a game... Mixing this with EO4 and the middle of a New Vegas Ult play through isn't helping.

Then all the other new shit coming... slow the hell down, video games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Cool I'll check out the tree. Also unlocked the paralyze hammer that I remember being pretty great from Tri. Almost have everything to make that.

The Peco paralysis hammer is always fantastic. Being able to stun and paralyze is a thing of beauty.

My personal favourite is the Dead Eye, a Fire hammer, that comes from the War Hammer tree.

Xater

Hopefully I'll get to put a lot more time in over the weekend, it's getting so rough for me to sit down and binge into a game... Mixing this with EO4 and the middle of a New Vegas Ult play through isn't helping.

Then all the other new shit coming... slow the hell down, video games.

For me it's exactly the oposite. Will probably play less over the weekend because tomorrow I get Bioshock Infinite. :p

I've never given the series a try, but it has all the makings of something that I will obsess over for months (loot, crafting, etc.).

So, I went all in and got the 3DS and Wii U version. Am I doing it right, GAF?

olimpia84

I've never given the series a try, but it has all the makings of something that I will obsess over for months (loot, crafting, etc.).

Probably should have picked the Wii U version first to see if you like it and then get the 3DS version.

Hunting Horn question: how many music types are there? I played the demo, and that weapon had clearly different music effects from the bagpipes you start off with in the main game. Does the guitar you can get later sound like a real electric guitar?

I just started playing on 3DS an hour ago (at work right now, WiiU version is waiting at home).
How much do I need to play/what needs to be accomplished before asking anyone here to team up?

Newbie, played on Wii for 10 hours solo though.

To people with the 3DS version: how's it play with the CPP?

Amazing, got it for my XL yesterday. It's melting with my hands. Wasn't a fan of the original cpp ergomincally.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

You can live just with the Wii U version. But the 3DS version is very nice (love that framerate) and lets you take it out with you. Wii U has all the same features, save Streetpass and has online play.

Are there better item drop rates in multiplayer as opposed to single player?

Just curious.

As a general rule, most rare drops will occur more in multiplayer by a few percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom