• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace3skoot

what armor set should i aim for after the jaggi armor (GS user). i got my jaggi gemmed to attack + (m)

GS don't have alot of options at lower rank, for now id aim for barroth, it has attack and defence (s) and then rathalos armor as it can easily be gemed to attack (H)

can't really get any of the key skills for GS so just go for power and defence until higher rank.

Raide

That seems too soon after the Jaggi set. It would burn a lot of money. Maybe Barroth or Gobul would be better. Just speaking from an armor perspective.

He got banned? What for?

I really sucked at Gobul, so I never managed to farm him enough for his armor. :D

Camjo-Z

what armor set should i aim for after the jaggi armor (GS user). i got my jaggi gemmed to attack + (m)

I haven't even gotten the Jaggi set yet in Ultimate, but I remember in Tri I used the Quropeco armor exclusively until I got the Lagiacrus set. Both served me well.

(I would have used the Gobul set but no way I'm fighting that thing more than I have to, Great Sword + underwater = nope)

derFeef

The gunlance is super fun, however I can't target shit, especially those worm thingys. They ate me alive. Need more practice.

Also is the first pickaxe and bbq pikes temporary? Because they disappeared.

Raide

The gunlance is super fun, however I can't target shit, especially those worm thingys. They ate me alive. Need more practice.

Also is the first pickaxe and bbq pikes temporary? Because they disappeared.

Pickaxe = yes. BBQ stuff = No, unless you traded one to get the better version.

burgerdog

Am I getting ahead of myself if I want to go from a jaggi set to a lagiacrus set? I also feel like my weapon isn't strong enough to farm him in a timely manner, it's a lupine katana. Any suggestions on where I should go from here?

ace3skoot

I haven't even gotten the Jaggi set yet in Ultimate, but I remember in Tri I used the Quropeco armor exclusively until I got the Lagiacrus set. Both served me well.

(I would have used the Gobul set but no way I'm fighting that thing more than I have to, Great Sword + underwater = nope)

Quropeco armor is completely different now, it use to be the shit XD you could finish solo with but now its kind of okay for HH users :p

Raide

Am I getting ahead of myself if I want to go from a jaggi set to a lagiacrus set? I also feel like my weapon isn't strong enough to farm him in a timely manner, it's a lupine katana. Any suggestions on where I should go from here?

A little, unless you happen to be very good at farming Lagiacrus. Rathian set, maybe even Quro set before you set on the grindy task of higher-rank sets. :D Then its Rathalos :p

Quropeco armor is completely different now, it use to be the shit XD you could finish solo with but now its kind of okay for HH users :p

Noo! What did they do to it?

sammy

How do I delete wi u save data of a downloaded title? I would like to reset every save slot.

Do I have to redownload?

Yea, how do I delete a (3DS cartridge) Hunter file? I'm trying to transfer my Wii U hunter to 3DS, but I have a hunter already that I was tinkering about with.
Now that the transfer tool is out it's saying I can't have a save file already started on the 3DS, surely there's a way to delete a save file.

Xater

Alright online works great and is really fun. Played with my freshly made gunner set so I could play a bit with the bow. It's interesting but I think I still prefer the melee weapons.

chrono01

It's funny, the more I play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the more I realize that...

pOQK8Vb.gif

...I must hunt even more, and fashion new weapons/armor from their remains.

Nothing can stop me now.

DaBoss

Nah, you can definitely manage to get to a Lagiacrus set from a Jaggi set. Are you saying you're still using the Lupine Katana against a Lagiacrus? If so, you're right, it isn't strong enough. For a G. Jaggi though, it is strong enough.

I think you should try to upgrade your longsword to a Long Sword with a fire element.

Rize_21

Ah, okay.

So, if I want to bring an additional trap along with it sounds like I need a Thunderbug and trap tool. Where do I get Thunderbugs?
There is the expensive method : buy them directly from the old lady with the huge bag in the online city!(I can't verify now,but it should be around 200 zennies)

Raide

It's funny, the more I play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the more I realize that...

pOQK8Vb.gif

...I must hunt even more, and fashion new weapons/armor from their remains.

Nothing can stop me now.

*Deviljho appears to wreck yo shit*

*Not that one, the angry and hungry one*

burgerdog

Nah, you can definitely manage to get to a Lagiacrus set from a Jaggi set. Are you saying you're still using the Lupine Katana against a Lagiacrus? If so, you're right, it isn't strong enough. For a G. Jaggi though, it is strong enough.

I think you should try to upgrade your longsword to a Long Sword with a fire element.

Yep, darn, I knew something was up when a lot of my hits bounced back. Alright I'll try to upgrade my sword, I'm actually really close to making Thunderclap(I think this is what it's called), I just need a lagiacrus plate.

ace3skoot

A little, unless you happen to be very good at farming Lagiacrus. Rathian set, maybe even Quro set before you set on the grindy task of higher-rank sets. :D Then its Rathalos :p

Noo! What did they do to it?

Wind Res 10 Windproof
Flute 10 Flute Expert
Wide-Range 10 Wide-Range +1
Eating -8 ---

its quite good for HH
according to my wiki anyway :p

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Wow. It only took all week, and trips to basically every Target in the fucking Bay Area, but I finally was able to get this game in the B2G1 free sale. I wanted to get both versions of the game for myself and another Wii U one for my friend for his birthday, but I didn't want to spend $180 to do it. So excited to get started. Hope I'm not too far behind the rest of MonHun GAF...

Had to hold off on Lego City Undercover for now (Monster Hunter 3DS basically stole its spot), but I will pick it up down the line.

sammy

bahhhhh, transfer tool is out but it won't let me keep the hunter I started on the 3DS and I don't know how to delete the file. I think the tranfer tool is backing up the save.

chrono01

*Deviljho appears to wreck yo shit*

*Not that one, the angry and hungry one*
I am but fledgling hunter among this particular universe, so I have not yet encountered this "Deviljho" personally.

I have therefore done the research, and I now know who you are talking about.

To be fair, it does look like a fierce-some beast, but it does not deter me in my quest. I can only imagine what incredible equipment I might be able to fashion from their innards.

Am I a fool for thinking so? Perhaps. But I step [cautiously] forward nonetheless.

DaBoss

Yep, darn, I knew something was up when a lot of my hits bounced back. Alright I'll try to upgrade my sword, I'm actually really close to making Thunderclap(I think this is what it's called), I just need a lagiacrus plate.

Then you should definitely go for a fire element weapon. That is the best element against Lagiacrus and will make it easier to farm it for its set. It may take a while for you to get a Lagiacrus Plate though. Plates are somewhat rare drops.

derwalde

GS don't have alot of options at lower rank, for now id aim for barroth, it has attack and defence (s) and then rathalos armor as it can easily be gemed to attack (H)

can't really get any of the key skills for GS so just go for power and defence until higher rank.

i think i skip barroth and go straight for los then.

Ridley327

I am but fledgling hunter among this particular universe, so I have not yet encountered this "Deviljho" personally.

I have therefore done the research, and I now know who you are talking about.

To be fair, it does look like a fierce-some beast, but it does not deter me in my quest. I can only imagine what incredible equipment I might be able to fashion from their innards.

Am I a fool for thinking so? Perhaps. But I step [cautiously] forward nonetheless.

One does not encounter Deviljho; Deviljho encounters you.

I seriously can't wait to see the stories of new players meeting him for the first time again.

Korosenai

Had this game preordered for a while but just picked it up yesterday. I love it, my first Monster Hunter game too. Kind of confusing at first, but i'm understanding everything really well. Was surprised when I looked at my Gamestop receipt and noticed a redeemable code for the digital strategy guide, which has helped a lot too.

Got my Wii U version! :D

3DS one was no where to be found here, didn't even bother asking about Circle Pad Pro would have just got blank stares from the counter.

chrono01

One does not encounter Deviljho; Deviljho encounters you.
I look forward to this arrival, then.

*chrono01 sits back, legs resting on the skull of a recently-slain creature*

*He patiently waits, drinking [well-aged] alcohol out of a hollowed-out tooth from [yet another] slaughtered beast*

DaBoss

*He patiently waits, drinking [well-aged] alcohol out of a hollowed-out tooth from [yet another] slaughtered beast*

You're in for a treat. :p

ace3skoot

remember these words young master...

poo is your friend...

The first time you hear his theme you will shit bricks.

chrono01

You're in for a treat. :p

remember these words young master...

poo is your friend...

The first time you hear his theme you will shit bricks.
Gah, so excited!

I don't know whether to fear or anticipate him, but regardless I am looking forward to it.

I'm almost tempted to research him more, as well as watch videos, but I feel something like this is better to experience first-hand.

I will refuse to have anything spoiled and continue playing on my own. I will encounter [and hopefully slay] this Deviljho monster of my own doing!

Then you should definitely go for a fire element weapon. That is the best element against Lagiacrus and will make it easier to farm it for its set. It may take a while for you to get a Lagiacrus Plate though. Plates are somewhat rare drops.

For some reason I farmed his set in Tri with the Lagiacrus LS. and I did fairly well. Dont know why though...

After getting familiar with the monsters its interesting to see recycled animations with a lot of them. Was it like this in previous games as well?

For some reason I farmed his set in Tri with the Lagiacrus LS. and I did fairly well. Dont know why though...

After getting familiar with the monsters its interesting to see recycled animations with a lot of them. Was it like this in previous games as well?

Yeah, pretty much. A lot of the monsters have the hip check and/or tail spin attack for starters.

Codeblue

What's the best way to make some money in this game?

There was this one event quest in Tri where you had to deliver a bunch of eggs in 15 mins that pays out huge numbers in rewards. I'm hoping they brought that back or I'm actually gonna have to pay attention to the fishermen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom