• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Dear Barioth, fuck you and fuck your spikes. Finally got my fourth one after getting zero for 5 captures in a row (both wings broken everytime). I could make his entire armor set if I got two more but I don't see much point since Volvidon's is better.

And to think I'd have needed five if I hadn't looked up the way to upgrade into the barioth HH from the arzuros one. Oh well, I have it now. Are there even any other weapons that require remotely that many? Seems like hunting horns are routinely requiring me to get some ridiculous shit to make.

After a short break I'll finally try out the online, got my USB keyboard ready.

Filth

Dear Barioth, fuck you and fuck your spikes. Finally got my fourth one after getting zero for 5 captures in a row (both wings broken everytime). I could make his entire armor set if I got two more but I don't see much point since Volvidon's is better.

And to think I'd have needed five if I hadn't looked up the way to upgrade into the barioth HH from the arzuros one. Oh well, I have it now. Are there even any other weapons that require remotely that many? Seems like hunting horns are routinely requiring me to get some ridiculous shit to make.

After a short break I'll finally try out the online, got my USB keyboard ready.

You can just type from the game pad if you didn't know

Emitan

Since low rank Wroggi cloths give you +5 Status, I put decorations in it to hit 10+ Status on mine. If you're using anything Paralysis / Poison wise, it's something to consider. To make those jewels, you have to farm Bnahabra. Kill them with Poison Bombs for the easiest results.

Thanks. Going to farm some toadstools and poison bomb them so my poison switch axe can be improved.

Hellraider

Barroth took me 10 minutes with a no element weapon.Yup, game is definitely closer to 3rd portable than tri in difficulty.Let's just hope G-rank at least is more punishing.

L Thammy

Barroth took me 10 minutes with a no element weapon.Yup, game is definitely closer to 3rd portable than tri in difficulty.Let's just hope G-rank at least is more punishing.

Maybe it's just me being totally out of practice, but it feels like the offline monsters have much bigger speed boosts from rage mode now. In exchange they have lower health.

Barroth's just always been a pushover.

Could use some advice on armor.

I just took down a Barroth and I've been wearing a chainmail set plus armor spheres for a while. I feel like I should upgrade. I've been playing mainly with hammers and now S&S. What are some good options?

Also, am I getting far enough along that jumping online is a reasonable idea? I have no real understanding of how MH works online in terms of quest selection in groups. ...or any of it, really.

L Thammy

Could use some advice on armor.

I just took down a Barroth and I've been wearing a chainmail set plus armor spheres for a while. I feel like I should upgrade. I've been playing mainly with hammers and now S&S. What are some good options?

The best thing to do is look at the skills on the armour. Then keep on building it until you unlock that skill in your Status.

For hammer, you'll want to look at armours like Bone (KO makes you stun monsters more easily) or
For SnS, you might want Bnahabra (Status attack boosts Sleep or Poison weapons).
Jaggi, Arzuros, and Barroth seem to be decent for anyone.

Make sure you register different sets for quick equipment switching.

Had tons of fun with windfish, Festwill and Kouriozan =D, will go online again tomorrow but after gathering material lol, running out of potion =P

Anyone who said they rather play alone. Don't do it! Play with GAF online such fun =D

The best thing to do is look at the skills on the armour. Then keep on building it until you unlock that skill in your Status.

For hammer, you'll want to look at armours like Bone (KO makes you stun monsters more easily) or
For SnS, you might want Bnahabra (Status attack boosts Sleep or Poison weapons).
Jaggi, Arzuros, and Barroth seem to be decent for anyone.

Make sure you register different sets for quick equipment switching.

Thanks. I might go for Barroth. I'll look everything over first. So are there bonuses to making complete sets of armor?

Had tons of fun with windfish, Festwill and Kouriozan =D, will go online again tomorrow but after gathering material lol, running out of potion =P

Anyone who said they rather play alone. Don't do it! Play with GAF online such fun =D

I'll be able to play tomorrow with EU GAF for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom