• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Does Duramboros resist water or something? I spent about a half hour whacking at him with my Ludroth Dual Blades and he didn't go down. I mean, because it was so easy to get in on him and his attack pattern, I was hitting him pretty much nonstop, so all I can figure is he was resisting my attacks or he has an ungodly amount of hit points. Either way, he ended up just BARELY winning the war of attrition (he was limping for a good 5-10 minutes before he got me).

He takes the least amount of damage from water element.

Mupod

Does Duramboros resist water or something? I spent about a half hour whacking at him with my Ludroth Dual Blades and he didn't go down. I mean, because it was so easy to get in on him and his attack pattern, I was hitting him pretty much nonstop, so all I can figure is he was resisting my attacks or he has an ungodly amount of hit points. Either way, he ended up just BARELY winning the war of attrition (he was limping for a good 5-10 minutes before he got me).

if a monster isn't specifically weak to an element, said element does nothing. Try fire.

anyways, hit him when he spins instead of running away and go for the large hump when he falls. He has a TON of hp.

also play this while you're fighting him, it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

ugoo18

Can someone please tell me what table im on with these fish

Sleepyfish 2
Humspun Conch
Humspun Conch
Humspun Conch
Shining Starfish 1

I've been trying the fishing table but the site is not working for me.

Im trying for table 10.

Emitan

Bradygames guide seems to be working now.

What is the difference between Moga Woods and Deserted Island? One is for free hunting and one is for quests?

Boogiepop

if a monster isn't specifically weak to an element, said element does nothing. Try fire.

anyways, hit him when he spins instead of running away and go for the large hump when he falls. He has a TON of hp.

also play this while you're fighting him, it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Looking it over, it seems like there aren't any fire Dual Blades that can be had before getting to him. Bleh. I guess my biggest annoyance here is that I don't get Chacha back until I beat him, so I don't really feel like doing any other quests I've skipped out on thusfar as I wouldn't have a helper. Oh well, guess I'll at least try some non-water Dual Blades against him tomorrow. I mean, I DID get really close, it's just that it took a while.

Just fought a second Barroth, this time with a great sword(my first time using one, haha) so I could get the tail. Cut it off, carved, but no tail then or after I killed it. What gives?

DaBoss

Gonna be making a room here on Free Play 02, Lobby 6, titled MHGAF. Quote to reveal the password!

We're going for HR3!

Needs to be like this:

EDIT: nvm, you fixed it. :p

Just fought a second Barroth, this time with a great sword(my first time using one, haha) so I could get the tail. Cut it off, carved, but no tail then or after I killed it. What gives?

It's never guaranteed. :p

Just go for it again.

derFeef

Jesus christ I hate those worms... I think I switch to a lighter weapon -.-
edit: biggest suprises for me so far, never expecterd MH to bis this kind of game, this good and addicting. I need to get better though, lol.

For rare-ish resources, I usually just find one and then farm it.

From what I can tell, you can't farm everything. Or at the very least some things are locked out by farming level. Can't farm carpenterbugs. It's been bugging me. (GET IT? :D)

Seriously though. I never seem to have enough. Hoping at higher bug farm levels it opens up.

Camjo-Z

Man, Arzuros is really weak. I failed the capturing quest twice because I kept thinking that he'd be like every other monster and take some time to bring down but nope, even with my measly Iron Sword+ I can take him down in 5 minutes.

Not that I'm complaining though, since he's so easy I think I'll hunt him a few more times and use his armor instead of Quropeco's.

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS 14,800 BLOCKS

Does it even fit on a 2GB SD Card?

EDIT: Talking about the 3DS version.

EDIT 2: Never mind, I got it. It doesn't fit on a 2GB SD card, holy shit this game is massive.

Peru

Looking it over, it seems like there aren't any fire Dual Blades that can be had before getting to him. Bleh. I guess my biggest annoyance here is that I don't get Chacha back until I beat him, so I don't really feel like doing any other quests I've skipped out on thusfar as I wouldn't have a helper. Oh well, guess I'll at least try some non-water Dual Blades against him tomorrow. I mean, I DID get really close, it's just that it took a while.

The Dual Blades are fast and agile to use but like SnS element means quite a lot. That's their downside so to speak. If you've got a big old hammer or sword you can brute force any monster without thinking too much about its weaknesses.

derFeef

I love the dialogue... lol this game is goofy and I love it.
74397_291080477688579_969193285_n.jpg

Hopping online! Really need some new weapons/armor for high rank.

Are you HR3 yet? I can hop online in a couple of hours if you're still on. We can farm some some rank monsters like Rathalos and Deviljho. Would like to make the Wroggi+ set too for my poison defense.

ReconPeon

Anyone have any idea why the game refuses to let me keep earth crystals. I keep finding them, but when I go back to town, they are gone.

Ken

Are you HR3 yet? I can hop online in a couple of hours if you're still on. We can farm some some rank monsters like Rathalos and Deviljho. Would like to make the Wroggi+ set too for my poison defense.

Yeah, I'm HR3. Sounds good, I'll just check this thread periodically then.

Madouu

We should team up mate! Been through the TSW filth and I can need some partner here too.

Sure! You can add me, NNID is Madouu. We'll have to wait for the April patch though since I'm on the other side of the Atlantic. Funcom technology hasn't hit the Capcom shores yet apparently :p

Downed Qurupeco, finished my Jagi set, and I am really learning to use the hammer effectively. gods be good.

Quick question: what do you guys recommend for decorations (i think they act as stat boosters) and does having a full jaggi set give me an automatic set bonus?

tim1138

I have no idea what the hell I'm doing in this game, but goddamn is it a ton of fun. Started out with dual swords but recently switched to the giant hammer, it's hilarious to send those little baby raptor things flying.

Downloading the wii u digital version now.

How does the friend system work? Is like Tri where actual individual hunter ID numbers have to be entered?

ramyeon

I'm kind of glad this is too big to fit on my 2GB card, I was so tempted to double dip and purchase the digital version instead of waiting till Monday or Tuesday for the physical copy to arrive.

Doorman

Downed Qurupeco, finished my Jagi set, and I am really learning to use the hammer effectively. gods be good.

Quick question: what do you guys recommend for decorations (i think they act as stat boosters) and does having a full jaggi set give me an automatic set bonus?

Decorations are basically used th augment whatever skills you have from your armor and charms. You can use them to help boost up something you already have (like getting an armor set with Defense Up S to Defense Up M), or by adding points to remove a negative skill (like, say, adding a poison deco to a set to take your double-poison skill from -10 to -9, thus erasing the skill's effect). Between the different skills native to each armor set, all the talismans you can potentially collect, and then using decorations to strengthen strengths or cover for weaknesses, you're given a ton of versatility in how you want to construct your character to suit your playstyle.

d0c_zaius

for having my name in the spreadsheet, I've only gotten 4 friend requests. and out of those people, they are never on or always full.

anyone in a similar situation and want to group up evenings ( around 9-10 pst). I'm a fresh HR2 but I've been playing since MH1 and have gotten up to Fatalis and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom