• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing online with a guy who is hanging out with his 6-year-old or something. its pretty hilarious and he's showing her how to monster hunt. Maybe one day she will be among us.

fernoca

Finally tried both. Wi iU version looks incredible. Save-data transfer worked without problems. Created a characters on Wii U, did the first/basic quest, saved, sent it to the 3DS; everything was there. 3DS version looks great too.

Anyway to change the colro of the first/basic armor? Character started with a yellow-ish/gold colored armor. And the sword..the icon is glowing on the screen any idea what it means? I thought it was broken, so I wasted an item trying to fix it for nothing. :p

While I've been playign Monster Hunter since the PS2 days, I'm still a relative noob to the series. :p

NeoRausch

god, I love checking my stats, armor, resources etc. on the 3DS to be prepared for later online!

also: resource farming while watching TV!

vareon

Just dipping a bit in this game. Completed a few early quests...got a bit overwhelmed with all the types of items tbh. Should I keep them? Sell them?

Just dipping a bit in this game. Completed a few early quests...got a bit overwhelmed with all the types of items tbh. Should I keep them? Sell them?

Just throw them in your item box for now. Just keep gathering and collecting items since they can be used to make armor, weapons, make item combinations or to give to Junior to improve stuff around the village.

Intro cutscene. All the guys are wearing thongs with crotchless and chapless trousers lolol.

Monster hunter shoulda shipped with a set of binoculars, can't see shit. (Text).

Ohnonono

I love all the things they have done to help with controls but I thing I am gonna have to get a circle pad pro. Vita spoiled me with 2 sticks.

DaBoss

Not what I mean, back in the day you started off naked with just a basic sns. Having access to extra seems a little, bleh. Not really a big deal though.

Makes it easier for everyone, now you don't have to farm stuff in order to get that stuff. Just choose your weapon and you're good. I'm still using the Leather set and I'm about to face Ceadeus (after I beat Agnaktor). I loved the convenience.

Rootbeer

Banned
New to MonHun, still learning. Is there a way to increase your bag capacity? I offload everything except the true essentials before each outing but I fill up on items before I even explore 1/3 of the zone! What's the solution to this? Try to be more selective in what I retrieve? Problem is I don't really know what items are more useful apart from their rarity rating which is a bit vague.

Well at least you can return to town pretty much instantly no matter where you are. Guess that's something.

Fewr

If I go out and buy the Wii U version can my brother and I play on seperate saves? Then, if we bought a 3DS copy down the road could we transfer one of our saves to that version for co-op?
No. You either transfer all three or nothing. You,could play on same wii u, but different wii u profile. If it keeps completely different save files I think it could work. I havent tried it, but I dont see why this wouldnt work.

DaBoss

New to MonHun, still learning. Is there a way to increase your bag capacity? I offload everything except the true essentials before each outing but I fill up on items before I even explore 1/3 of the zone! What's the solution to this? Try to be more selective in what I retrieve? Problem is I don't really know what items are more useful apart from their rarity rating which is a bit vague.

Well at least you can return to town pretty much instantly no matter where you are. Guess that's something.

What items do you always bring with you?

Pineconn

To me, the only essentials for gathering are pickaxes and bug nets. (Of course, I'll bring a cold drink for the Volcano.) For low rank quests, I'll add in some potions, steaks, and whetstones.

For some monsters you'll want to bring other items, like antidotes and flash bombs. Otherwise, try to go light so you don't have to throw anything away.

Your bare essentials shouldn't take up more than 5 slots. If you're running out space, focus on what you want to collect. Eg, Monster parts + ores. Discard what you need the least. You need most things you pick up, some less rare items are used for combinations, but don't worry about that until you start actually combining things.

Fewr

As a programmer... this is waaaaaay too specific to be a glitch. I think they implemented this to make characters unique. Sorta like IV in Pokemon.
If the table resets every time you select the file to continue, woulnt that make characters even more unique? Sure, there'd be minmaxers who would stay at one table and never close the game, but the rest of us would have a bit from all 17 tablea instead of all charms from just one of them.

gotee12

this game is a system seller.
This game is what caused me to finally get a WiiU. Don't regret the purchase in any way shape or form. Especially when factoring in how many family "NintendoLand Nights" we've already had.

Really curious to see March NPDs. Will there be a noticeable bump in WiiU sales from February's 66k? Since MonHun physical copies weren't exactly abundant, and NPD's don't count digital IIRC, I doubt we'll see a correlation between hardware/MonHun sales if there is an increase in WiiU sales for March since I feel like there has been a large number of digital sales for this one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The panel system is somewhat inflexible. I would like to have the map zoomed out on the TV and the map zoomed in on the wii pad and it won't let me. :(

The panel system is somewhat inflexible. I would like to have the map zoomed out on the TV and the map zoomed in on the wii pad and it won't let me. :(

Yeah it's one or the other. My gamepad is set up for the map, item pouch combos and emotes. Anything else like quick item select (eg potions) seems really pointless having on the gamepad, under pressure I don't have time to take my hands off the controller.

Prade

When you're gathering, IE picking up everything, you really only need to bring pick axes, bug nets, potions and steaks. When you're on a hunt, you should be prepped for the battle. Potions, Whetstones, steaks, traps, antidotes(if needed) flash or sonic bombs(again, only if applicable) and your best gear. Hope this helps.

Haunted

Just fucked Barroth up with my gunlance and felt real good about myself.

I come in here and you guys are shitting all over him. :mad:

Air

Banned
Just got the full wroggi set. Next I'm gonna commit genocide against lagombi's and whatever those bears are called.

Great sword is amazing. I was gonna make dual blades my secondary, but I'm thinking of switching to long sword.

Ragus

Banned
My god, this game is so addictive. I keep thinking about it even when I'm not playing. This may be the perfect portable game to me, right next to Pokemon series.

demigod

Finally got both of my copies from Best Buy, damn 12 hour shifts for 3 days straight. I don't think BB even stocked these unless you pre-order it. Time to open it up and play!

I only need one more Pelagicite Ore and I still have two areas that can contain red mining spots.

DESIRE SENSOR TURNED ON

DISTRIBUTING WHETSTONES

---

Also man I think I'm really bad now. Village Duramboros and Lagiacrus took me 25 mins with Ludroth DS and armor set. :| Did another round against Lagi but brought Pecco HBG + Alloy set and capped him in 15.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Ah it is good to be back in these locales and with (some of) these monsters!

The bow is serving me very well. I like the swiss-army knife feel it has, with being able to poison or exhaust and paint my foes in addition to killing them. I feel like I am more actively contributing to the team than in Tri where my Switch-Axe and Long Sword could sometimes feel as if I was hitting these monsters and other people just so happened to be doing the same. And occasionally getting in my way.

Be sure to add me as a friend, I'm on the list :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom