• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my mrs gave it a go and unsurprisingly didnt like it, now just need to get the tv off her so i can i actually play myself for more than the 15 mins i've managed so far, wish didnt have to wait til next month for off-tv

Gigginox is one ugly motherfucker.

I never really enjoyed fighting against him in Tri, and I get screwed slightly worse going in as a defenseless dual swords. I'm not looking forward to whatever this "Baleful" Gigginox is going to be.

B-Dex

So there seems to be one glaring flaw with the data transfer program. That is, it moves ALL data, not just specific saves. My character is saved on my 3DS, and my girlfriends is on the wiiu. We can co-op just fine like this. But when I try and transfer, it wants to copy ALL data, and tells me that save data on the wiiu doesn't match that on the 3DS, and it wants me to delete the console data.

I'm so disappointed in this. I can't believe they wouldn't anticipate people co-oping locally between the systems. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Use a different profile on the Wii U for your save?

Ghost23

Anyone else using full Azuros armor? I don't know much about stats yet, so I just built the armor that I had materials for.

deim0s

Itchin' to go back to hunting, since i watched Klepeks quick look.

I don't own a 3DS or a WiiU. If I go to the 3DS route, what will I miss aside from the lower resolution graphics? How about multiplayer? Can I connect to a lobby for some games or via XLinkKai away from adhoc?

or should I be waiting for 4 on the 3DS?

Doorman

Anyone else using full Azuros armor? I don't know much about stats yet, so I just built the armor that I had materials for.

I have the Arzuros set, currently using it as my base Lance/Gunlance armor until I work up something better. The defense up and boost to healing items makes for a nice combo with a more defensive strategy, since you can outlast monsters while using fewer meds and potions.

ASTROID2

So I'm on the Bear Trap quest trying to catch the monster and I cannot do it. I'm using the default switch axe and 4 hits kills them, so I hit them 3 times. The game tells me to use shock traps but they keep jest walking over them, and tranquilizers do nothing. What am I doing wrong?

NIN90

Jesus fuck. The hell is up with the Wii U's firmware update? Is there no way for me to download it on my PC and transfer it?

Fewr

I don't have MH3 on 3DS and Wii U. I downloaded the Transfer Program from the eShop merely because it was free. I mean... I might get it some day.
Do it. You get to go on farming missions on your free time throughout the day, then you get glorious online battles when you get home.

Prinny

So I'm on the Bear Trap quest trying to catch the monster and I cannot do it. I'm using the default switch axe and 4 hits kills them, so I hit them 3 times. The game tells me to use shock traps but they keep jest walking over them, and tranquilizers do nothing. What am I doing wrong?
You're supposed to catch the bear (area 3 IIRC), not the small monsters :p

I was not prepared for the sheer endurance of Duramboros, I think I set myself a new record for most hammer knockouts in one fight with this tank of a creature, maybe hammer wasn't the best choice for this outing, i'd upgrade my gunlance but Pelagicite Ore is refusing to answer my call.

savor100

How long do you have to wait to play this online? can you complete 1 and 2 stars quests with other people or do you have to unlock that mode (since I haven't seen the online mode option in the main menu yet)

How long do you have to wait to play this online? can you complete 1 and 2 stars quests with other people or do you have to unlock that mode (since I haven't seen the online mode option in the main menu yet)

you can hop online as soon as you have control of your character.

You just go to the ship in the southwest corner of the village. You can play online before offline, if you want.

panda21

i don't suppose anyone knows if you can transfer between japanese 3ds version and the EU Wii U versions? I'm guessing not but you never know. don't really want to have to buy the EU 3ds version as well..

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
The little touches like rolling extinguishing burning are what get me. Made a plume flint hammer after a coop session and noticed the last charge level made a different, metallic sound. Watching closely the next time, the flint on the hammer actually cocks at the last stage of charging. Did my heart good.

Emitan

Maybe I should farm Lagiacrus. Their armor seems pretty good. I want fast charge! I can gem out the Status Attack Down but it would I'm using a poison switch axe so I really want the Status +10 I will have on my current set eventually.

demonkaze

So i'm looking to jump straight online, I already played a fair bit of Tri both online and offline and I can't wait to get playing online straight away. I've only done the 1* quests offline and i'm still using starting armor and the first upgraded lance, would it be to early for me to jump online?

So I handed in 30 resources to fix the camp, and then was told to go get iron ore. Now the game isn't giving me any quests or villager requests, I don't know what to do.

daxy

Is this game worth getting for 3DS if you don't have any friends who also play?

I am having a blast playing it solo. So yes.

Same here. Solo hunting is still very fun. Plus, Cha-Cha will keep you company!

So I handed in 30 resources to fix the camp, and then was told to go get iron ore. Now the game isn't giving me any quests or villager requests, I don't know what to do.

I believe you need to talk to the blacksmith and hand over the iron ore to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom