• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find I'm always running out of space in my inventory when I'm questing. Is there an upgraded bag or should I just throw everything into the item box and take only what I absolutely need every time I head out?

Kouriozan

Been farming charms for about 4 hours, found 8 and still can't confirm wich table I have >.>
Hopefully that web tool will be up quickly before I go insane.

Fewr

How big is the day 1 update?

Wii U? Took me 1-2hrs on launch day. It should be much better now.
MonHunter? Took me 3-5 mins.

(both count download and install time)

I find I'm always running out of space in my inventory when I'm questing. Is there an upgraded bag or should I just throw everything into the item box and take only what I absolutely need every time I head out?
Always take only what you consider to be absolutely necessary. This game is anti-packrats at least when questing/farming.

Just finished up the Barroth hunt quest and it was surprisingly easy. I have the Great Jaggi Armor right now but was thinking of switching it up. Is the Barroth Armor any good?

Also, I've been using a War Hammer+, but should I upgrade to Frozen Core or go for a different branch on that tree, like a Plume Flint?

Rize_21

Sorry guys,I've been disconnected. :/ by the way for those who can't join the room,configure your dmz it'll work after that!

Always take only what you consider to be absolutely necessary. This game is anti-packrats at least when questing/farming.
Thank you! I'll be sure to unload all the excess loot then.

Now I just need to figure out what charm table I have, because I'm still early enough where I can restart if I have to.

kinggroin

Banned
Just finished up the Barroth hunt quest and it was surprisingly easy. I have the Great Jaggi Armor right now but was thinking of switching it up. Is the Barroth Armor any good?

Also, I've been using a War Hammer+, but should I upgrade to Frozen Core or go for a different branch on that tree, like a Plume Flint?

Barroth is like 14 or 16 defense per piece and weak against water and maybe ice. Cant remember off the top of my head. You can always get armorspheres to further increase it, but personally I went from Jagi to Lagiacrus since fast charge is super important to me.

persongr

That lady in the Moga Village sells a book that will expand your pouch, but not by much.

DaBoss

What armor should I go for after the Leather set? I used it all the way to Ceadeus, so I'm not sure what I should aim for lol.

An Ice element hammer isn't that useful right now. I would suggest going for a Lightning or Fire element hammer. So a Vortext Hammer or a Plume Flint.

What armor should I go for after the Leather set? I used it all the way to Ceadeus, so I'm not sure what I should aim for lol.

An Ice element hammer isn't that useful right now. I would suggest going for a Lightning or Fire element hammer. So a Vortext Hammer or a Plume Flint.

Cool, thanks. I think I'll go for the Plume Flint since I have everything except for a Monster Bone L.

oldskool

I don't want to see another bug again! Worth it though. Bnahabra set:

8583752774_0620fbc469_z.jpg

Ragus

Banned
I have a question:

I wanted to get King's Trill from G. Jaggi, but after 3 tries I gave up. Then, while I was on a slaying mobs quest, I also fought G. Jaggi. When I killed him, he King's Trill didn't show up in loot. But after completing a quest, I had Kings Trill in my Rewards window.

I literally screamed: YES

How did that happen?

For those who want to upgrade the kitchen ingredients so that you get better stat boosts:

Advance the village quests and do the quests in the tavern marked [Canteen]. Eating and getting 150 health + stamina, and Attack/Defense boost is going to be nice for High/G-rank.

DaBoss

My piggy ran away :(

It will come back. :D

I don't want to see another bug again! Worth it though. Bnahabra set:

8583752774_0620fbc469_z.jpg

Damn, gotta make that eventually.

I have a question:

I wanted to get King's Trill from G. Jaggi, but after 3 tries I gave up. Then, while I was on a slaying mobs quest, I also fought G. Jaggi. When I killed him, he King's Trill didn't show up in loot. But after completing a quest, I had Kings Trill in my Rewards window.

I literally screamed: YES

How did that happen?

The King's Frill is the breakable part on the G. Jaggi. You know that skin around its head? That is the King's Frill. It won't be gotten through carving, but if you break it, then there is a chance it will show up as a reward.

Ragus

Banned
It will come back. :D

Damn, gotta make that eventually.

The King's Frill is the breakable part on the G. Jaggi. You know that skin around its head? That is the King's Frill. It won't be gotten through carving, but if you break it, then there is a chance it will show up as a reward.

Oh yes, I remember breaking that thing on his head. Sweet.

Fuck me, this game is fantastic. The pure joy of making a full armor set is priceless :D

Somethings not right, I sent my boat away, this was my haul.

6x whetfish
2x shining starfish
1x shining starfish
2x sushifish
5x popfish

i cant check the tables with this. Can someone help?

Game is a beast. Took me a second to get over kitschy aesthetic, but it's cool. Combat is weighty and perfect, like Dark Souls.

Two questions (black out for those who don't want to know):

1. What's the deal with statue behind the waterfall in the farm?

2. What's the deal with the dancing cats in the cave of Moga Woods?

Glad I read this board and picked up this game. Wii U had been collecting dust since completing ZombiU.

So how big is this game? I have the urgent quest before moving onto 4-star stuff.

Do i you always just get quests in the village? Is there another central area? Mostly curious about total areas and whatnot, as I remember reading there are around 50 large monster?

Saying that now...50. Is that right? That's a shit load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom