• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gigginox or Purple Ludroth poison Ls are better alternatives. Also, if you're going for looks - definitely look into the Gigginox path. Swords look like something out of Castlevania or something.

Quoting this since I don't know what to go for. I'm conflicted on whether or not I should just get some armor like Rathalos armor in low-rank.

Get Rathalos for Attack Up Medium, Fire Attack + 1 and Speed Sharpner. I actually used that set until I got to HR3 and 6* village quests.

Playng MH offline and listening to Girls Generation discography.

Judge me.

Quoting this since I don't know what to go for. I'm conflicted on whether or not I should just get some armor like Rathalos armor in low-rank.
Skills should make the decision easier, if you think Rathalos set will give you some good skills, then go for it.

I chose Gigginox. (Hearing, Spd Sharp, Status)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If I do something online, it carries over to the busy port but not to the village in terms of quest progress, right? I hunted a quropeco online but not alone yet.

DaBoss

Not really focussing on skills right now, so any armor will do. Thanks for the help.

If I do something online, it carries over to the busy port but not to the village in terms of quest progress, right? I hunted a quropeco online but not alone yet.

Yup.

Emitan

G. Jaggi. It's a good thing that aside from the fire attack Qurupeco is really easy.

Yes I'm a scrub, I know. Only a few hours played so far, TERA is taking up most of my time.

Peco broadcasts his fire attacks from a mile away. It's not a big deal.

I want to hunt in style so I'm farming for a Bnahabra armor set. Desire sensor in overdrive as I hunt for their wings... :-(

Bnahabara Wings don't exist. The game is lying ;~;

Brannon

Right, all this time, and I just figured out that I'm NOT supposed to hold the button until the Great Sword swings, but let go at the third burst of light.

Oh my.

Well. *ahem*

Anywhoo, I'm guessing it's not possible to deliver Wyvern Eggs when the mission specifically doesn't call for them? Because I carried one while being chased by the Bear and I want to freaking deliver this thing :mad:

Doorman

The guts quest. Trying to finish it. It needs Epioth, and Jaggi. I have Jaggi hide from Jaggi. What do I do?

You're asking how to finish the quest? Head to the sea (areas 10 and 11) and kill the Epioth you find there, monster huts are a carve from them.

Unicorn

The guts quest. Trying to finish it. It needs Epioth, and Jaggi. I have Jaggi hide from Jaggi. What do I do?

go to area 10, then swim to area 11. Cutscene, then start killing the smaller swimming monsters in area 10 again (escaping that boss monster). Carving them yields guts. Ignore the Jaggi

Coldsnap

Ugh i hate how little this game explains to you. Literally every quest I have to google..

On bear trap now, got him down to when he was drooling and panting, got him stuck in some trap then threw 4 tranquility gernades at him, nothing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Got it for my 3DS today, I'll see you guys online when I get a Wii U later this year I guess! :) grinding through solo mode atm, which I already did on my Wii, lol.

I guess it's time to get a circle pad pro?

Brannon

Ugh i hate how little this game explains to you. Literally every quest I have to google..

On bear trap now, got him down to when he was drooling and panting, got him stuck in some trap then threw 4 tranquility gernades at him, nothing.

Drooling means hungry and exhausted. Get him limping and that's when you go in for the capture.

DaBoss

Got it for my 3DS today, I'll see you guys online when I get a Wii U later this year I guess! :) grinding through solo mode atm, which I already did on my Wii, lol.

Try playing it without it for a while so you can see whether or not you need it. I'm playing it without it and just got through the low rank quests without much difficulty with the controls for the most part.

Abandond

I don't know. Playing with the pad seems awkward cause of how far ABXY are. Then again, I haven't used it so I'm not so sure.

Also, I'll just ask again: is the screen supposed to feel so unresponsive to my touch or is the screen protector?

Fistwell

Any of you fine Euro-GAF folks hunting online right now?

Edit: I'll keep an eye on the thread. In the meantime, I've set up a room, Free Play 3, Lobby 7, GAF, pass: .

Those and Pelagicite ore. Oh. And Lightcrystal too.

Always be mining. If a monster leaves a water area in the flooded forest, sneak in 3 or so mine hits before catching up. Same thing with battles in the tundra for lightcrystals.

Eventually you will build up a small collection without thinking about it.

Chuckpebble

For some reason I can't kill the sharqs with a fishing harpoon. I broke 4 of them trying to kill one, but it still didnt die.

Damage em a bit with your weapon, then the harpoon. If you do too much damage with your weapon they swim away. The harpoon allows you to finish them for carving. It's an odd thing.

Beaten again, I should stop posting with my thumb.

DaBoss

What are you guys doing needing so many carpenter bugs?

Damage em a bit with your weapon, then the harpoon. If you do too much damage with your weapon they swim away. The harpoon allows you to finish them for carving. It's an odd thing.

Beaten again, I should stop posting with my thumb.

Haha, I am using my thumbs. :p

Using mobile GAF at the moment.

I don't like water combat. :( any way to get royal ludroth out of the water?

You have to wait for it to get out of the water. :/

Just keep hitting it and it will get tired and go above water.

Santiako

After not liking underwater combat controls I went to the store and bought a Circle Pad Pro XL. Goddamn thing melts in my hands, so comfortable!

Mr E.

Man I'm having difficulty doing local multiplayer quests on wii u 3ds. I can get the 3ds to connect and we can see each other etc at the tavern. My son selects a beginner quest on the wii u and I'm left behind.

I'm sure I'm missing something out. Is there a GAF for dummies version for local Multi 3DS/Wii u?

Any help would be great.

DaBoss

Man I'm having difficulty doing local multiplayer quests on wii u 3ds. I can get the 3ds to connect and we can see each other etc at the tavern. My son selects a beginner quest on the wii u and I'm left behind.

I'm sure I'm missing something out. Is there a GAF for dummies version for local Multi 3DS/Wii u?

Any help would be great.

Go up to the quest board (that billboard with the notes next to the quest counter). There you press A and then join the quest that your son chose.

Then you have to go to the place to set out on the quest and press A to get ready. If you don't and your son will leave you behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom