• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

I cant for the life of me figure out how to unlock the rathalos 5 star quest. I know i gotta complete the Ancient Mask request but that quest isnt even in the list.

I want my damn Rathalos hammer before i start online

Anyone know the prereqs to get ancient mask request? I dont remember this problem from tri

DaBoss

You can also get lava nuggets from Uragaan which I think has a higher chance.

So how big is this game? I have the urgent quest before moving onto 4-star stuff.

Do i you always just get quests in the village? Is there another central area? Mostly curious about total areas and whatnot, as I remember reading there are around 50 large monster?

Saying that now...50. Is that right? That's a shit load.

There is a multiplayer hub which you can access to by talking to Neko. And yea, there is a little above 50 monster which includes different versions of some monsters.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to unlock the rathalos 5 star quest. I know i gotta complete the Ancient Mask request but that quest isnt even in the list.

Anyone know the prereqs to get ancient mask request? I dont remember this problem from tri

It's in the villager requests.

Somethings not right, I sent my boat away, this was my haul.

6x whetfish
2x shining starfish
1x shining starfish
2x sushifish
5x popfish

i cant check the tables with this. Can someone help?

table sites are working again?!

nah i've had only 8. but the sites are borked ATM.

Let me understand something for when the sites come back up, I need to put my hauls into the rows provided in order right. For example I just got my second haul of:

2x sleepyfish
2x shining
1x shining
5x pop
1x shining
1x shining
2x shining

haul 3:

3 sushifish
4 whetfish
2 pin tuna
1 shining
2 sushi
2 sleepy
1 shining

haul 4:
1x shining
2x sleepy
2x pin tuna
6x whet
2x sushi
2x sleepy
1x shining

haul 5:
4x pop
2x shining
4x whet
1x shining
1x shining
1x shining

so when using the site, i need to put haul 1 in row 1 and haul 2 in row 2?

Fistwell

Something something cavern farm statue something?

Game is a beast. Took me a second to get over kitschy aesthetic, but it's cool. Combat is weighty and perfect, like Dark Souls.

Two questions (black out for those who don't want to know):

1. What's the deal with statue behind the waterfall in the farm?

2. What's the deal with the dancing cats in the cave of Moga Woods?

Glad I read this board and picked up this game. Wii U had been collecting dust since completing ZombiU.
It gets used toward the end of the game as a plot device thingy.
That's just what they do.

Where can I mine malachite ore?
Look for mining nodes that look green. They can be found pretty much anywhere.

Edit: Also, it's "Machalite", though I always read it wrong too - I don't know why.

Fistwell

So, I don't know how much you know about Rathian (I'm an expert), but this here means she's about to do her side-bite move, which means I'm gonna be able to land several hits
on her faAaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OOH MYYYy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
(ouch, lol)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It gets used toward the end of the game as a plot device thingy.
That's just what they do.

Look for mining nodes that look green. They can be found pretty much anywhere.

Edit: Also, it's "Machalite", though I always read it wrong too - I don't know why.

Really? Wow. What's wrong with my brain?

So, I don't know how much you know about Rathian (I'm an expert), but this here means she's about to do her side-bite move, which means I'm gonna be able to land several hits
on her faAaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OOH MYYYy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
(ouch, lol)

Pink Rathian with that feisty hot sauce bite

Unicorn

Well, I can't get the fish table to work.

Anyone able to get it to work?

Here's my info, just curious what table I'm in:

Trip 1:
Pin Tuna x2
Sleepyfish x2
Popfish x4
Pin Tuna x2

Trip 2:
Whetfish x6
Shining Starfish x1
Shining Starfish x1
Sushifish x2

Tripe 3:
Shining Starfish x1
Whetfish x6
Sleepyfish x2
Shining Starfish x2

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Are you serious? I need 8 of these! lol.

Uragaan also drops them from tears (while he's trying to eat) and 50% chance if you mine him while he's down. It's a Uragaan capture reward too. All this according to Brady's guide. So do Uragaan. :p

And now that lots of folks have played the NA build; any framerate changes from the JP Wii U version? Did they iron it out?

FPS is any where between 40 to 60, maybe even drops down to 30 withs lots of action going on. It's definitely not stable I can tell you that, but it isn't choppy or or anything like that.

Disguises

Another question: Now I can upgrade my Long Sword to:

A. Chainslaughter
B. Wroggi Sword

Which one is better?
Chainslaughter because it's a chainsaw and it makes chainsaw noises.

Serious answer: I believe the Wroggi one might poison monsters which might help more than making chainsaw noises.

DaBoss

What armor should I go for after the Leather set? I used it all the way to Ceadeus, so I'm not sure what I should aim for lol.

Quoting this since I don't know what to go for. I'm conflicted on whether or not I should just get some armor like Rathalos armor in low-rank.

Oh boy, the Wii U is installed and I'm ready to start hunting. First I'll need to get that charmtable crap out of the way... I'll try to play some online with EU GAF later!

My NNID is Za_Warud0 (that last character is a zero, not an O). Added it to the spreadsheet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom