• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxy

Holy shit, the underwater battles are horrendous on the Wii U; unlike land battles, there's no sense of depth or perspective whatsoever. Any tips to how to take them on, aside from "buy the 3DS version and crank up the 3D." I'm new to the Tri chapter.

Yeah the depth perception is what gets me too. I just get up and close to be sure.
Dodging up and down is usually more effective than sideways.

Doczu

ahahaha! Your fault!

at this rate you can buy another copy asap.

Yeah right. There are some things that you can do, but buying a game for a Nintendo console is not one of them ;)

EDIT: At least i got him interested in the game and when 4 comes out with online multiplayer, then I will profit from this by having a co-op buddy :D

LeleSocho

Banned
Holy shit, the underwater battles are horrendous on the Wii U; unlike land battles, there's no sense of depth or perspective whatsoever. Any tips to how to take them on, aside from "buy the 3DS version and crank up the 3D." I'm new to the Tri chapter.

The 3ds version is worse too if you don't have the additional circle pad, it's a nightmare trying to move with only one analog leave alone hitting the enemy

nubbe

The 3ds version is worse too if you don't have the additional circle pad, it's a nightmare trying to move with only one analog leave alone hitting the enemy

I think the L targeting on bosses is quite sufficient... yard trash on the other hand is annoying.

Lyonaz

This game is crack, played several hours last night. Currently doing 3 star village quests, killed my first Qurupeco, which was tons of fun when I was out of paintballs.

Bought the Samurai/Wanderer outfit and forged an Arzuros Naginata. Thinking about forging that Streaking with Bullfangos event quest award Lance.

Prade

Lancing. Seriously the long reach and safety of a lance can help cure the depth perception problem. Otherwise, you'll just get better with experience. I tend to stick to the bottom of the floor if that helps. I personally don't have a problem with water combat, nor ever did really. Just get up close and personal and you should be connecting your attacks. It isn't much different from land fights.

vareon

So, it's my first time playing MH multiplayer. Started in the afternoon, and suddenly it was dark. What the fuck happened? lol

Hey guys,

Now that i try to optimize my stuff, i'm completely lost. I used to play MH2U & MH3rd (GS) and well, i didn't really optimize, just crafted what i can do.

Anyway, now i'm kinda lost. I'm currently on High guild missions (6 stars) & HR2, and i don't really know what i'm supposed to focus. I'm playing mainly LS, and i don't know which sets should i farm... Do you guys have any idea ? And which gems should i put on that stuff ? Thanks and sorry, bad english

Prade

Hey guys,

Now that i try to optimize my stuff, i'm completely lost. I used to play MH2U & MH3rd (GS) and well, i didn't really optimize, just crafted what i can do.

Anyway, now i'm kinda lost. I'm currently on High guild missions (6 stars) & HR2, and i don't really know what i'm supposed to focus. I'm playing mainly LS, and i don't know which sets should i farm... Do you guys have any idea ? And which gems should i put on that stuff ? Thanks and sorry, bad english

If the Barioth set still has evasion skills, that'll compliment the LS well seeing as it can't block. The Lagiacrus set is such a good set for practically half the weapons, LS included.

LeleSocho

Banned
I think the L targeting on bosses is quite sufficient... yard trash on the other hand is annoying.

You don't always have to go against the monster sometimes you have to escape/dodge too and in that case targeting it's useless, try move in the water when there isn't a boss in the room to L-target and tell me if it's comfortable or not.

Fistwell

Hey guys,

You're still pretty early, I would just wear whatever and keep on trucking, but that's just me. As for jewels, you can't go wrong with attack. Perception can also be pretty useful.

Added my info NNID to the list so if anyone wants to join up I'm free pretty much all day. I'm still only HR 1 since I haven't really gone online, but I've got gear for 4-star offline quests.

Edit: Oh and also I bought the Brady digital guide and it seems pretty good so far. Some of the pictures are pretty low-res for some reason, and I've found one mistake so far (a monster wasn't in the position they said it started in) but it's pretty good for looking up resources, skills, drops, etc. It's not really a guide so much as a list of everything in the game, but it looks nice and is easy to navigate.

Trying to decide what to upgrade my S&S to. My options are to upgrade my Commander's Dagger to:

- Hypnos Knife
- some other that seemed pretty inferior, don't remember name.

Or I can forge a new one, either

- Assassin's Dagger
- Carapace Mace
- sword made from Bnahabra parts

Recommendations? I think the Hypnos Knife is the only one that has a status effect(sleep), which I've seen people say is very important with S&S.

Also, going to upgrade a hammer as well. Was going to go with the Plume Flint. Is that decent?

Fewr

I have finished all the two star offline quests. I want to go on a farming trip to the desert. Is it possible to do so just taking an exit from the village like I do when I go to dino island? If not, what should I do? Take the "just explore" quest in order to get there just for collecting stuff?

Also, I bought a book about managing space, did it expand my carrying capacity? If so, by how many spaces?

Thanks.

Raide

Added my info NNID to the list so if anyone wants to join up I'm free pretty much all day. I'm still only HR 1 since I haven't really gone online, but I've got gear for 4-star offline quests.

Edit: Oh and also I bought the Brady digital guide and it seems pretty good so far. Some of the pictures are pretty low-res for some reason, and I've found one mistake so far (a monster wasn't in the position they said it started in) but it's pretty good for looking up resources, skills, drops, etc. It's not really a guide so much as a list of everything in the game, but it looks nice and is easy to navigate.

Dumb question, how did you add you details? I have the spreadsheet up but cannot figure out how to add my details.

Peru

I have finished all the two star offline quests. I want to go on a farming trip to the desert. Is it possible to do so just taking an exit from the village like I do when I go to dino island? If not, what should I do? Take the "just explore" quest in order to get there just for collecting stuff?

Also, I bought a book about managing space, did it expand my carrying capacity? If so, by how many spaces?

Thanks.

Just take the Harvest Tour quest yes.

My Bone Great Sword made quick work of him.
Its weird how the game allows you to go to the main town, I was off questing before I realised there was a tutorial section haha

Yep, it was a lot easier than I expected! Still so satisfying to kill though, this game is amazing.

And yeah, I went to the main town before I started doing the tutorial stuff. Then I realized that I wasn't ready AT ALL for that, and have been sticking to Moga Village ever since, hahaha.

Fewr

Yep, it was a lot easier than I expected! Still so satisfying to kill though, this game is amazing.

And yeah, I went to the main town before I started doing the tutorial stuff. Then I realized that I wasn't ready AT ALL for that, and have been sticking to Moga Village ever since, hahaha.
Same. That qurupeco fight where it summoned a huge dragon left me terrified when I even think of doing the single plyer version of the mission.

Raide

Another quick question, in order to use my Wii CCP, I need the remote right? Cannot find the damn thing anywhere. :D Does the Wii-U CCP connect via USB? Wish I could use my 360 wired pad. :p

Another quick question, in order to use my Wii CCP, I need the remote right? Cannot find the damn thing anywhere. :D Does the Wii-U CCP connect via USB? Wish I could use my 360 wired pad. :p

The Wii U pro controller charges via USB, yeah.

Edit: And yeah, you need the wiimote.

Same. That qurupeco fight where it summoned a huge dragon left me terrified when I even think of doing the single plyer version of the mission.

I did the quest where I had to carry Wyvern eggs, and a giant dragon destroyed me.

Instantly went back to Moga Village after that complete failure, hahaha.

panda21

when you get an urgent quest do you have to do it before the other quests? I'm worried that it will disappear if i do the others first

Yeah its far too addicting! Can't believe how much content must be in this game.

haha yeah I've been the same. Could do small quests just fine but was finding the hunting dreadfully difficult. Capcom really should have made everything clearer lol can see a few people getting completely lost.

Doorman

For what it's worth, when you're doing the village version of the Qurupeco quest, he won't summon Rathian. You're way more likely to wind up with a Great Jaggi, especially the first time you fight him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom