• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using the hunting horn? It seems like a good weapon for online play and would be easy to transition over to coming from the hammer.

ajjow

My first post in neogaf! Im on the underground for years!! For two years I follow the community, but only know U decided to join the guild!
This will be good, because I will have the oportunity to exercise my english skills!
Im a lawyer and Im 27. I started playing games when I was 4 with my brother Atari!
Enough of presentations!
I played MH3 for 200 hours!
Im finding this game really easy so far. Just captured azure.
How long until laguacrus!? Any idea?

ajjow

Ah. Sorry, but i forgot this:
My nintendo account: ancjunior

By the way, when someone is banned, what happen? Do you ever comeback? I miss burntpork. I miss takao from media create too!

The best posters are nirolak, sammy samusu and smile and cries.
I dont like pachterballs and opiaf.

Well, lets hunt!!!

King_Moc

Banned
My first post in neogaf! Im on the underground for years!! For two years I follow the community, but only know U decided to join the guild!
This will be good, because I will have the oportunity to exercise my english skills!
Im a lawyer and Im 27. I started playing games when I was 4 with my brother Atari!
Enough of presentations!

If you go online you can fight him straight away, as it's a HR1 quest (i wouldn't just yet though). In Moga Village, it's a
4*
quest, but you just scare him away in that one, rather than kill him.

Welcome by the way :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone using the hunting horn? It seems like a good weapon for online play and would be easy to transition over to coming from the hammer.

Hunting Horn is really valuable to have on a team. Ear Protection, No Stamina Depletion, and other various buffs are very valuable.

As a Hammer user, I have to say it's quite different. Yes, it's an impact weapon, but it plays very differently. Hammer is very quick to strike and deliver multiple blows, while the Hunting Horn is much slower and deliberate (compare play style of the Great Sword vs. Long Sword, albeit that's a rough comparison). Hammer in my mind has a much higher damage output, but Hunting Horn makes up for a bit of in because of the reach of some of its moves. The overhead swing on the Hunting Horn allows you to hit some really tall monsters' heads, where the Hammer could only dream of it.

Enough of presentations!

Hey dude. Welcome to GAF. Lagiacrus is a
four-star quest.

Hunting Horn is really valuable to have on a team. Ear Protection, No Stamina Depletion, and other various buffs are very valuable.

As a Hammer user, I have to say it's quite different. Yes, it's an impact weapon, but it plays very differently. Hammer is very quick to strike and deliver multiple blows, while the Hunting Horn is much slower and deliberate (compare play style of the Great Sword vs. Long Sword, for instance). Hammer in my mind has a much higher damage output, but Hunting Horn makes up for a bit of in because of the reach of some of its moves. The overhead swing on the Hunting Horn allows you to hit some really tall monsters' heads, where the Hammer could only dream of it.

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll definitely try to make the transition once I start playing online more.

ajjow

Thanks! Ill wait a little longer to play online. I prefer to be badass before going online.
I hope I can fight diablos soon. The fun starts only when Diablos say so!

Doorman

The Hunting Horn has been my most-used weapon so far (couldn't play it in Tri, but I was always curious about how it operated seeing videos and such), and I have to say it's been very fun and very useful. The buffs are fun, though you need to have the time and the proper spacing to pull them off properly, and even if the general strategy of "attack the head" is similar to the hammer's, they do function quite a bit differently in practice.

The way that all of the HH's attacks function as individual swings gives you a lot of leeway in what sort of "combos" you want to use with it, especially using the upswing to adjust spacing. It's a bit more focused around landing a series of hits, compared to the hammer's more defined superpound and triple-pound. On the bright side, there's an inherent satisfaction that comes with beating up a gigantic monster using a set of bagpipes, so that's hard to beat for fun factor.

Doorman

Where does is the Arzuros for the hunt quest? I've looked everywhere

He mostly seems to hang around areas 3, 5, and 6. Also possibly 2 sometimes. He doesn't seem to have a particularly large roaming area, so keep through that middle section of the map, he'll show his face eventually.

Ah. Sorry, but i forgot this:
My nintendo account: ancjunior

By the way, when someone is banned, what happen? Do you ever comeback? I miss burntpork. I miss takao from media create too!

The best posters are nirolak, sammy samusu and smile and cries.
I dont like pachterballs and opiaf.

Well, lets hunt!!!
Haven't read the terms of use? Just be careful as a junior if you're banned you are forever banned, as a member it will depend on the circumstances, sometimes they can be banned for a day to year and then there's permabanned.

Always starts in 5 for me.
You haven't added me as a friend on the Wii U dude ='(, add me =P!

I guess I'll get a CPP XL for $15 tom. I'm hoping I can claw with it. I really miss the ability to do actions while moving the camera. It should also free up my bottom screen so I can go hudless.

He mostly seems to hang around areas 3, 5, and 6. Also possibly 2 sometimes. He doesn't seem to have a particularly large roaming area, so keep through that middle section of the map, he'll show his face eventually.

Thanks

I keep doing this thing lately where I'll start writing a post one way and then change my mind about half way in and it reads like unintelligible mess lol Too many late nights

Played for several hours and decided to try online yesterday. Joined a beginners room. Noticed everyone was HR2 or 3 and that I was ...... HR0 :/

Immediately went back to offline.

If you're struggling to find them, i just got one as a reward from the Herbivore Egg Hunt quest. Gonna cultivate it now.
Lol I was struggling to get carpenter bugs, but when I joined your group last time I got tons =D, you're my good luck charm King_Moc lol
What's the best way to farm Carpenter Bugs?
Moga Woods, try any butterfly gather points.
Goddomn how did I forget about cultivating bugs? :|
Can't cultivate carpenter bugs, I believe =/

Kouriozan

Almost managed to kill Rathian(breaked a few parts, was limping for several minutes) but then, with my amazing luck, he "comboed" me, I tried to dodge like crazy but still killed me. T_T
Better luck next time I guess, but this time I won't solo him.
I've done every other 1* online quest.

pP0d3it.gif

I love this game, hahaha.

And of course, I need to farm Machalite Ore for this new weapon I want, but now I can't find any of it despite finding plenty of it earlier. Oh well. <3

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I was struggling to get carpenter bugs, but when I joined your group last time I got tons =D, you're my good luck charm King_Moc lol

Moga Woods, try any butterfly gather points.

Sandy plains in area 2, 10 and 4, also the cat hideout in moga woods. I've been researching this stuff because I do not want to spend hours gathering materials.

Thanks, I'll try both areas. So far, the need of Carpenter Bugs is the worst thing in this game. :(

King_Moc

Banned

Ohnonono

I guess I'll get a CPP XL for $15 tom. I'm hoping I can claw with it. I really miss the ability to do actions while moving the camera. It should also free up my bottom screen so I can go hudless.
CPP made the game playable for me. I used to claw the psp but this is better IMO.

DaBoss

What are carpenter bugs used for? I have plenty, upgraded probably 5 weapons, and I don't see why carpenter bugs are needed so much. Is it needed for armors too?

Fistwell

So I just did all available 5 star quest and nothing new opened up. What am I missing?
Chacha mask. Check junior's requests, he'll want a sharq skin, some pelagacite (sp?), and a cple of lagi scales. Once you have it, check out that "mysterious statue" in the back of the farm.

I'm addicted to the offline mode.

Yesterday I unlocked High Rank quests and had a blast doing Crimson Peco, the motherfucker summoned Deviljho! :lol

It was my first time seeing him on MH3U, I shat on my pants when I heard his roar from behind my back. Oh and he has a new tail tail spin move, oh man...

Today I'm gonna play online though, need to upgrade my gear, soloing High Rank is not easy!

Kouriozan

I'll think I'll main hunter horn for online hunt, I love to support my teammate.
Rathian with 3 other hunter was way too easy, only Lagiacrus to go and Volcano here I come!

Satch

Banned
crafting all this armor is making me poor, but i'm well on my way to full Wroggi and Lagi sets

it feels good to be making progress :)

i just want to say thanks to the community again... i didnt really expect to get this far but you guys have been more than helpful during my progression

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
What are carpenter bugs used for? I have plenty, upgraded probably 5 weapons, and I don't see why carpenter bugs are needed so much. Is it needed for armors too?

I currently need 10 of them to upgrade my weapon and I'm pretty sure some armor parts also need carpenter bugs.

S.Plains is a great spot to farm them, much faster than Moga Woods.

The blacksmith's been bugging me a lot. How come I sometimes can't view the skill points of the other version of the armor? Eg, when I'm blademaster, I press Y on the gunner armor and can't see any skill points. However, sometimes I CAN view the points there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom