• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple quick newbie questions:

How long should I play offline before I attempt to hop online and play with other folks? I've taken down a Great Jaggi, but this is my first Monster Hunter game, so I'm completely green.

Maybe not so much a newb question, but I bought the 3DS version as well as the Wii U version. If a buddy comes over and wants to play with me, can I safely let him create a character on the 3DS version and not have to worry about screwing up transferring my save back over to it from the Wii U? I'm thinking something like having him pop in his Micro SD card and starting up on that, but since I don't really know how all that transferring stuff works I'm still a little wary of messing up my ability to transfer my saves back and forth.

meppi

So what's the verdict on the 3DS version with a CCP XL version?

Well I'm solely playing the 3DS version without the CCP right now due to my Wii U version being in the mail. And I have to say I'm loving it so much.
I'm thinking of picking up the CCP XL, but I'm not even sure I'll need it tbh.
The lock on feature makes it a lot easier to keep track of a monster without having to swing the camera around all the time.
If I only had the 3DS version, I would be extremely happy, but I certainly don't regret ordering the Wii U version as well.

King_Moc

Banned
Whats the next armor set I should get after Jaggi? Taking into account farming time/stat bonus and such.

I only upgrade armor when i'm struggling a little. weapons are the priority for me. Having said that i went from Jaggi armor, to Barroth, now mostly Lagiacrus.

BearPawB

Banned
OK...
So i had played Freedom Unite, and really didn't enjoy it.
But I am progressing much better in this version. Everything seems a bit clearer.
going with a long sword. Just did the Capturing a Great Jaggi quest, and I captured a bear.

When I capture something when not on a quest, how do i get materials from it? i went back to the village...but didn't seem to get anything for capturing it

Couple quick newbie questions:

How long should I play offline before I attempt to hop online and play with other folks? I've taken down a Great Jaggi, but this is my first Monster Hunter game, so I'm completely green.

When this game "clicks" for you is when you should go online. That generally could be whenever, but when it makes sense, you'll have a better time.

Maybe not so much a newb question, but I bought the 3DS version as well as the Wii U version. If a buddy comes over and wants to play with me, can I safely let him create a character on the 3DS version and not have to worry about screwing up transferring my save back over to it from the Wii U? I'm thinking something like having him pop in his Micro SD card and starting up on that, but since I don't really know how all that transferring stuff works I'm still a little wary of messing up my ability to transfer my saves back and forth.

Making a new file on your 3DS isnt going to corrupt your transfer file. Although, I think you can only have one file on the system if you want to transfer it over...
Otherwise the transfer wont work.

Ridley327

Thunderbugs. Thunderbugs as far as the eye can see.

You get a Shock Trap, and you get a Shock Trap, and you get a Shock Trap! Everyone gets a Shock Trap!

Speaking of, I think word is finally getting around that capturing monsters is a good idea online. :lol

Twinduct

Well I'm solely playing the 3DS version without the CCP right now due to my Wii U version being in the mail. And I have to say I'm loving it so much.
I'm thinking of picking up the CCP XL, but I'm not even sure I'll need it tbh.
The lock on feature makes it a lot easier to keep track of a monster without having to swing the camera around all the time.
If I only had the 3DS version, I would be extremely happy, but I certainly don't regret ordering the Wii U version as well.

Ah thanks. Yeah the touch controls & the lockon does a decent enough job in the demo. Tempted now :S

I love it. Not as good as the Wii U version, but controls better for me than it did on PSP or Vita.

Yeah sadly I don't own a Wii U. Kinda sad about the 3DS network limitations (considering the amount of life this games extends when going online). When using the second stick, does it control the camera in a similar fashion to the PSP MHs dpad? (ala vertical motion is done in 'steps')

Prade

crafting all this armor is making me poor, but i'm well on my way to full Wroggi and Lagi sets

it feels good to be making progress :)

i just want to say thanks to the community again... i didnt really expect to get this far but you guys have been more than helpful during my progression

If you ever running low on money, farm stormsender seeds and sell em. You can also do this a couple of times.

Nat3yBo1

Neo Member
Anyone find a solution to the charm table debacle, none of the sites are working for me sadly :(.

1st:
3x Sushifish, 1x Shining Starfish, 1x Humspun Conch, 1x Shining Starfish

2nd:
1x Shining Starfish, 5x Popfish, 3x Sushifish, 2x Sleepyfish

Man I hope I don't have a cursed table, already had 12+ hours in when I read about the "Charm Tables"...Damn you CAPCOM!

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Ridley327

Yeah sadly I don't own a Wii U. Kinda sad about the 3DS network limitations (considering the amount of life this games extends when going online). When using the second stick, does it control the camera in a similar fashion to the PSP MHs dpad? (ala vertical motion is done in 'steps')

Yeah, vertical camera control is still preset angles when you're on land.

Raide

Slowly getting us to the Bow. I have not figured out how to do the arrow rain or is that a weapon/skill thing later on?

Loved fighting Qurupeco this time, learnt some of the finer things about him a bit earlier so was pretty easy but still has some things you need to watch out for.

Been updating my great sword so I don't need to worry as much about smaller monsters annoying me, just do a swing if a lot are too close. Also learnt to use the monster against them to get through groups quickly without leaving myself open to attack.

A'ight, I've had enough of single player for now... about to jump online now.

Can anyone tell me how voice chat works? Anything I need to do on my end or does it work with no issues via the Pad?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Can anyone tell me how voice chat works? Anything I need to do on my end or does it work with no issues via the Pad?

There's a button on the pad you just have to hit to enable.

Anyone have a room up?

meppi

Ah thanks. Yeah the touch controls & the lockon does a decent enough job in the demo. Tempted now :S

I actually had a little trouble in the demo, but I didn't figure out that I could put the lock-on tile on the touchscreen.
Been playing the 3DS game since Friday and have put in about 6 hours now, so I think it also has to do with getting used to the controls, not to mention how the game works.
I do figure that especially the swimming parts would be quite a bit easier with the CCP though.

Ridley327

Voice chat is toggled on the touchscreen on the top when you're online. Just tap it to ON and you can chat away.

Twinduct

I actually had a little trouble in the demo, but I didn't figure out that I could put the lock-on tile on the touchscreen.
Been playing the 3DS game since Friday and have put in about 6 hours now, so I think it also has to do with getting used to the controls, not to mention how the game works.
I do figure that especially the swimming parts would be quite a bit easier with the CCP though.

Ugggh .. was hoping they removed the underwater combat :S
Oh well, I survived the claw hold on psp, I'm sure I can deal with a touch screen viewing option :p

Gamble

300px-MH3_Chacha.png

where can I get one of these adorable little guys?

Ridley327

The Target Cam improves underwater combat so damn much; it's a massive improvement over Tri's underwater combat for that reason alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom