• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

Ceadeus is kinda lame. I don't think I ever bothered to fight it more than once in Tri. I kinda wish it would just skip to the last area.

Made a room in Free Play 3 > Lobby 9 > "gaf" if anyone wants to play.

quote for password.

This shit is totally different from Tri Wii. How do I even search for the online rooms? It seems streamlined the way it is now, I just need to figure that out.

EDIT: Oh, bloody hell. So I can visit Tanzia WITHOUT being online. I thought I had to be online in order to go. Guess I'm used to Tri Wii. I'm good now.

Fistwell

Any Euro-GAFers looking to play online right now? I can see NEoC's room, but it's full. ;_;
I don't see anybody else.

Gonna open a room (Free Play 3 > Lobby 7 > GAF > Pass: ) and wait a little to see if anyone shows up.

Royal Ludroth is an embarrassment to his species.
Going back to University work now, needs done but my mind is elsewhere. Can't wait for some free time to actually just get lost in the game even more.

Any Euro-GAFers looking to play online right now? I can see NEoC's room, but it's full. ;_;

Gonna open a room (Free Play 3 > Lobby 7 > GAF > Pass: ) and wait a little to see if anyone shows up.

Maybe later this evening, still have my comic to draw, but should be good in an hour or so.

I'll be online later this evening but I'm busy atm.

DaBoss

Hrmm.. I kinda had a thought it would be like that. Is that the same for the arrow coatings too?

Yea, some bows can't use certain coatings. You can get a skill to allow it to use it. I think when you craft the weapon, you can see what coatings it can use.

Ridley327

Hey guys, does anyone know how to put HUD back on Tv screen instead of gamepad, especially health/stamina bar?

Press Select/Minus to bring up the in-game menu, and then look at your GamePad. You'll have options for customizing the touchscreen, including getting rid of elements which will then go back onto the TV screen.

Doorman

Hey guys, does anyone know how to put HUD back on Tv screen instead of gamepad, especially health/stamina bar?

While it can limit the convenience factor, if you remove the health display from the gamepad (customize panels when you open the game menu), then they'll reappear on the main screen. Same goes for items, the map, status, target lock icons, etc...

edit: beaten like this morning's scrambled eggs

dan2026

Sorry random question.

The 3DS version is locked to 45fps?

Why on earth? Would the not be weird and juddery.

Why not lock it to 30?

Made a lobby
"GAFman"

come join for relaxed huntin' and chattin'
I'm up for whatever, even helping new people.

You know which world and lobby

quote for password.

Orayn

Sorry random question.

Why not lock it to 30?

Both versions have variable framerates. Wii U version is pseudo-locked to 38ish FPS, while the 3DS stays near 45 if you disable 3D. They're both a *little* juddery, but it's not too bad.

Sorry random question.

Why not lock it to 30?
It's the average - it looks like it goes up to 45-60 fps in certain areas, and drops in other areas to 30. It can drop lower if there's, say, two big monsters thrashing you with a bunch of low-level mobs dancing around :p

Both versions have variable framerates. Wii U version is pseudo-locked to 38ish FPS, while the 3DS stays near 45 if you disable 3D. They're both a *little* juddery, but it's not too bad.

still

it fucking baffles me why they would find this prefferable, as opposed to a locked, vsynced 30fps

The charm table checker is down.

I can't play because i fucked up and didn't aim for a table, if I play now, and find out I need to restart, well shit.

Ragus

Banned
How big are benefits from wearing a full set armor? Big enough, that there is no use of wearing a single piece of armor, which was made from another monster?

How big are benefits from wearing a full set armor? Big enough, that there is no use of wearing a single piece of armor, which was made from another monster?
It usually does help having a full set. It usually depends on what you're looking for as far as attributes go.
The text is so small, its hard for me to read on the Wii U version.

Either that or I'm getting old. :(

Same here :( Although I'm playing on a SD tv so maybe thats the problem.

Ridley327

It depends on the armor. Right now, I'm rocking a full Rathalos set, which gives me Sharpener (blades are sharpened after the first swipe of a Whetstone/Whetfish), Attack Up (M), and Recovery Lvl Down. It also has 7 points put into Fire Attack, and since the armor will give you three gem slots to work with, you can put those towards Fire Attack gems to get Fire Attack +1, which means I'm doing stupid amounts of damage to any monster weak to Fire. Now, Recovery Lvl Down is a nasty side effect, as it makes your potions super weak, but one that can be easily circumvented by equipping just one Recovery Lvl Up gem. As long as you don't hit +10 or -10 on a skill, it won't activate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom