• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
FINALLY got full wroggi

now i need to go online and try farming lagi so i can finish his set, then i think it'll be on to rhenoplos so i can farm barroth and get his set

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'll play with you if you tell me where to go!

Nuts, missed ya. Another time :(

On another note, up to HR3 thanks to some help from gaf. Think I need to take a breather and farm some Agna and get mah armor I love.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oh and I really really need the off-tv patch ASAP. I could have a lot more time online if I didn't need the damn tv.

How big are benefits from wearing a full set armor? Big enough, that there is no use of wearing a single piece of armor, which was made from another monster?

In High/G-rank, it's a good idea to mix and match your armor pieces to obtain certain skills because sometimes even with a full armor set, you're missing a value of anywhere between 2-6 to activate a skill.

Has anyone glanced at the credits to find out who did the Wii U version? I HIGHLY doubt they left out the studio's name there, it must be like a law to name any and all companies involved with the product in the credits, boxes are one thing, but credits is another.

How Okami Wii had no credits boggles the mind.

daxy

About to start Double Trouble, unfortunately solo (3DS). Stocked up on traps, antidotes, felvine, pots, meat, might seed, dung bombs and whetstones. I've done all the preparation I could, but I'm still scared :p

Ridley327

About to start Double Trouble, unfortunately solo (3DS). Stocked up on traps, antidotes, felvine, pots, meat, berries, dung bombs and whetstones. I've done all the preparation I could, but I'm still scared :p

As long as you focus on one at a time and keep the other one away with Dung Bombs, you should be able to clear it just fine. Just think of it as a mashup of the solo Rathian and Rathalos quests that you've already done!

Doorman

Completed my first two online hunts with some randoms (Lagombi and that underwater monster from the demo). That was fun.

Plesioth? Unless you went through an awful lot of the early Tanzia quests solo, how was that possibly one of your first online hunts?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Ok, this is so cool. Played for several hours yesterday, transferred my save onto the 3DS, went to my friend's house, continued playing with him for several more hours before coming home. The save transfer tool is awesome, and I am so excited to have both versions of the game now. This is really going to be all the game I need for a long time. How the hell will I find time for Luigi?

where is that? i've not being paying much attention to the dialogue.

also has 'Neko (means cat)', which immediately reminded me of the keikaku thing, but maybe that was their keikaku all along

The Argosy captain said it. He and Neko say a lot of japanese words followed by their translation.

Look at this set I just made:

A6FCDD13-E375-4892-8431-74B48E14FC5A-6229-0000085F2057A71E.jpg

Such a good set for capturing and getting better rewards. Plus, paintballs, oracle or psyhoserum no longer needed. And low stamina usage. And lava/lingering fire effects no longer affecting me.

Cheska

For those playing the 3DS version solo, is it really difficult? I'm having a hard time convincing my boyfriend to play local co-op with me and I'm having reservations that I'll be turned off by the difficulty.

Ok, this is so cool. Played for several hours yesterday, transferred my save onto the 3DS, went to my friend's house, continued playing with him for several more hours before coming home. The save transfer tool is awesome, and I am so excited to have both versions of the game now. This is really going to be all the game I need for a long time. How the hell will I find time for Luigi?

Been wondering this myself haha

DaBoss

For those playing the 3DS version solo, is it really difficult? I'm having a hard time convincing my boyfriend to play local co-op with me and I'm having reservations that I'll be turned off by the difficulty.

I found the Low-Rank quests fairly easy. Used a Leather armor set all the way through.

You can't join quests that are a higher HR than what you're at, unless it's a technicality like an Urgent.

Oh yea, forgot about that.

Hoodbury

Farming Ratholos for his armour and just need the plate. No plate first fight. Second fight I pick up the shiny after he eats the aptonoth and I get a plate, yay. Then we finish killing it and I get another plate in the rewards. Heh.

I feel better now going into the 3 star quests now since the Jaggi armour was not really up to snuff.

Got my Los armour gemmed and tallied up for Attack up L so I'm ready to do some big ole damage.

Farming Ratholos for his armour and just need the plate. No plate first fight. Second fight I pick up the shiny after he eats the aptonoth and I get a plate, yay. Then we finish killing it and I get another plate in the rewards. Heh.

I feel better now going into the 3 star quests now since the Jaggi armour was not really up to snuff.

Got my Los armour gemmed and tallied up for Attack up L so I'm ready to do some big ole damage.

T'was my favorite set for low rank, now my favorite set is Wroggi S or the Plesioth set I posted earlier.

meppi

where is that? i've not being paying much attention to the dialogue.

also has 'Neko (means cat)', which immediately reminded me of the keikaku thing, but maybe that was their keikaku all along

I love that part since he keeps referring to himself as a tiger, even though the actual translation at the top says "neko means cat". :)

Morokh

Finally was able to do an entire hunt with some GAFers without any DC xD I wasn't really super useful on Lagi underwater but well .. that was fun :p

I've been reading around about these charm table checking sites, and from I've gathered:

People are speculating that the Japanese sites are blocking access from outside of Japan (which is weird).

You gotta keep hitting the refresh button and it'll eventually work.

I've been reading around about these charm table checking sites, and from I've gathered:

People are speculating that the Japanese sites are blocking access from outside of Japan (which is weird).

You gotta keep hitting the refresh button and it'll eventually work
This worked for me, though I tried for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom