• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sat down with 11 other MHers in the MH booth at PAX. Local multi is definitely everything Japan thinks it is.

Fucking carpenter bugs!!! What's the best place out of the first 4 zones to get These damn things???

They're a random low chance from any bug collection spot. Doing the 3 star pest control in the forest gives you at least 7 bug spots and it's an easy quest. I can get usually at least one carpenter bug per run.

Hey, is there anybody just starting up? I'd like to go online with this game for the first time.

They're a random low chance from any bug collection spot. Doing the 3 star pest control in the forest gives you at least 7 bug spots and it's an easy quest. I can get usually at least one carpenter bug per run.

Hey, is there anybody just starting up? I'd like to go online with this game for the first time.

Thanks. I will do that. Cause it's driving me nuts!!

Ok, this is so cool. Played for several hours yesterday, transferred my save onto the 3DS, went to my friend's house, continued playing with him for several more hours before coming home. The save transfer tool is awesome, and I am so excited to have both versions of the game now. This is really going to be all the game I need for a long time. How the hell will I find time for Luigi?

How do you get the transfer tool?

I got a lot in that Felines spot at 4 (I think, the one where you get the iron ore) in Mogi Woods, but maybe I just got lucky.

As has been said, Felyne spot in Area 4 of Moga woods. I just ran out to it, saw how many carpenter bugs I got, then hit Back to Village, and repeated that until I had enough.

Oh wow. This worked great. The other one got me Bnahabra bits though! Heh.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking carpenter bugs!!! What's the best place out of the first 4 zones to get These damn things???

I've been farming them from the cave in Deserted Island, I think its zone 4? Theres a low hole in the wall right when you go in that leads to the Shrine, and there's a bug spot where its not unusual for me to get 1-2 Carpenterbugs per trip
EDIT: beaten

Eteric Rice

I've been reading around about these charm table checking sites, and from I've gathered:

People are speculating that the Japanese sites are blocking access from outside of Japan (which is weird).

You gotta keep hitting the refresh button and it'll eventually work.

What the FUCK? Are you serious, Japan?

daxy

Holy crap. Just finished Double Trouble on my own. What a rush.
Twenty minutes to spare too. Didn't expect it to go that fast.

Maaseru

Banned
So I've never played a MH game. Could someone sell me on this?

1. What kind of game is it?
2. Similar to what type of experience?
3. To me it looks like a mix between Phanstasy Star Online, meets FFXII hunts?
Am I right? Not even close?
4. Is there a good story? What's the pull for the game apart from gameplay?
5. What would be the pros for buying both the WiiU/3DS versions?

I've been looking for new games for my WiiU is this it?

Unicorn

Man, this feels substantially easier. Trapped that bear in under 5 minutes.
KuGsj.gif

also just fought two great jaggi like it was nothing. Still have starting gear.
KuGsj.gif

Played my first online last night with InsaneZero and then Madouu. It was tons of fun. I sense the addiction kicking into high gear. I have the HR1 urgent quest, but I still want to finish my Barroth set first.

Since you guys helped so much with carpenter bugs, I will now ask you where to get Frogs!!

FROGS!?!!?? Seriously. I can't find them anywhere.

daxy

Since you guys helped so much with carpenter bugs, I will now ask you where to get Frogs!!

FROGS!?!!?? Seriously. I can't find them anywhere.

I got a bunch of them from the area in D. Island that borders the water. As you enter from the south, to the right there should be a gathering spot near a log or something.

bitoriginal

Well I've played this game for 10 hours now, literally only just killed my first Great Jaggi. I've spent ages reading wikis/forums and watching videos and it's finally starting to click. Tried online earlier for about 5 minutes, can't wait till I master the game some more to jump in.

Much respect if you do, I never could get into that style of play.

Would make you a welcome addition to most parties, I'd wager. Not a lot of support people going around.

Hunting horn still does damage to enemies too though, right? Was just playing with some Gaffers and one guy had a horn, played some funky tunes for us - nice buffs.

Chaos

literally only just killed my first Great Jaggi.

Same here, new to the game.

I killed the Great Jaggi and was running low on potions, so I thought after the quest I would chill and farm some herbs in the woods, while minding my own business the music kicked in and one spawned!, killed him bit it was close hehe.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hunting horn still does damage to enemies too though, right? Was just playing with some Gaffers and one guy had a horn, played some funky tunes for us - nice buffs.

Could have been me? I was on with some GAFers using Hunting Horn a while ago.

Hunting Horn does damage, even while playing notes for a boost. It also has some good vertical reach, allowing you to KO some tall monsters where the Hammer couldn't reach. Hammer is generally a better damage dealing weapon though, which is why I love the Poison Hunting Horn so much.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Soo...I got a couple of charms now, would any of you be able to tell me which table I got by posting their attributes?

I got 8 charms + the Auto-Guard charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom