• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

Some low-rank hunter is in here just chillin, lol. I don't wanna be rude and kick him out. He can't even join our quests.

I get a connection error trying to join your room. Which is weird because I can join other rooms fine. :(
-

Anyone want to help me do HR3 Urgent(Brachydios)? Made a room Free Play 3 > Lobby 9 > "gaf hr3". quote for pass.

sixghost

Are there many other water-based bosses past Royal Ludroth? I tried to get back into Tri a few days ago and didn't like the water combat at all.

chrono01

This early quest where you have to catch the goldenfish is really annoying. I hope there is a trick I'm missing.
I'm not sure if you noticed, as it took me a while to [I literally knew nothing about fishing beforehand].

When a fish approaches your hook, it will tap it three times. On the third "tap" that's when they bite, and you're supposed to immediately tap A to reel them in.

You don't need to use Goldenfish bait for Goldenfish. I caught them fine without it, but it does supposedly help. As long as you continually fish from the pool, Goldenfish should spawn and [eventually] bite the hook.

I made a room FP3 > L9 > cool gaf. password is the commonly used one from the OP.

Come on in one and all. I'm new as fuck and have been playing single player on the 3DS until today. We'll even do your quests. Cause I don't even have a plan for what I want yet.

Character name is The Wizard.

Kyzon

What's the best source of income in this game? I was thinking about building up a couple different weapon types, but that seems pretty costly early on. I played lance, s&s, and long sword in Tri, but I'd definitely like to branch out.
Steel, silver ect. Eggs from fishing hauls in treasure areas. Gives you 1000 + each egg

I made a room FP3 > L9 > cool gaf. password is the commonly used one from the OP.

Come on in one and all. I'm new as fuck and have been playing single player on the 3DS until today. We'll even do your quests. Cause I don't even have a plan for what I want yet.

Character name is The Wizard.

Damn, I would join but I'm just sitting down for dinner. I'll try later if you guys are still on.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Do you just use a Wii compatible LAN adapter? I'm thinking about running out to purchase one this afternoon. I'm in a house with a wife and daughter and it's rare that I get exclusive access to the TV. This could be a nice stopgap to play online until Wii U offscreen play comes out.

Also - another question. Does it just connect via a Wi-fi network? I'd like to play this in bed on my 3DS, but I'm wondering if I'd have trouble considering my Wii U controller connection won't reach from the living room to the bedroom (it's just barely out of range).

Yeah, it's just a 3rd party interac adapter. Works nicely, doesn't seem to be any lag with the connection on the 3DS. And yeah, I'm guessing the 3DS and Wii U have to be within reasonable range of each other, so you could experience some connection issues. Probably worth checking out though.

Hey, lemme ask you something. To keep upgrading my icy longsword, I need something called carbalite ore. Looking online, it says I can only mine it in "high rank" areas? Does that mean I need to up my hunter rank, or it's only available to mine when hunting high rank monsters or what?

King_Moc

Banned
Timed out on Duramboros. Figured that the hammer would do more damage to his head after his horns were broken. Nope. Will reattempt going for the back and tail.

Any EUers genna be online around 11? Think i have some HR1 stuff to finish off, then onto HR2.

Hey, lemme ask you something. To keep upgrading my icy longsword, I need something called carbalite ore. Looking online, it says I can only mine it in "high rank" areas? Does that mean I need to up my hunter rank, or it's only available to mine when hunting high rank monsters or what?

It means the literal area. So probably a map you've not been on yet.

Are there any items I should hold onto instead of cashing in for Resources? Stuff like Odd Egg, Fossil Piece, etc?

You should never really cash in stuff like that. If you hunt online, you will have dozens of scales and easily obtainable parts from big monsters that you can sell for hundreds each. Focus on those.

Rize_21

The greatness of capturing in pictures!

Kmd9T1o.jpg

Z4pRbWN.jpg

It was a good thing to spend every zennies available on these thunderbugs sold by the old grandma in Marina!

Timed out on Duramboros. Figured that the hammer would do more damage to his head after his horns were broken. Nope. Will reattempt going for the back and tail.

Any EUers genna be online around 11? Think i have some HR1 stuff to finish off, then onto HR2.

It means the literal area. So probably a map you've not been on yet.

I think I've been on all of them, but all the descriptions literally describe it as "high rank Island D" or "High Rank Volcano"

Kyzon

I want to try out Sword and Shield since I just got a pretty boss set.

Are there any tips anyone can give me? I accidentally took it with me to go kill the Lagi and that took me about 30 minutes :/

Edit: by boss I mean Attack 154, and Dragon 410. Is that good?

Doorman

I think I've been on all of them, but all the descriptions literally describe it as "high rank Island D" or "High Rank Volcano"

The "high rank" in that case means that you'll gain access to those materials once you start doing high rank quests in Tanzia. Meaning HR3 and up. Once you start fighting high rank monsters, you'll get high rank items from them and also be able to get the improved ores/bugs.

Currently about to fight my first Royal Ludreth, here's my equips:

Iron Grace (LS)
Jaggi Armor lvl 2 + two power decorations to get Attack up Medium

Should I stick with Jaggi Armor, or is making Wroggi Armor more useful overall?

Thanks

Also, what would be a good secondary weapon to compliment the LS? I'm guessing hammer but I've already used a Hammer playing MH in the past so I was thinking something else?

Lastly, what is a good Gunlance path in case I go for that?

The "high rank" in that case means that you'll gain access to those materials once you start doing high rank quests in Tanzia. Meaning HR3 and up. Once you start fighting high rank monsters, you'll get high rank items from them and also be able to get the improved ores/bugs.

So once I'm past that rank, I can just go on gathering quests and grab em them? Or do I need to go on high rank gathers or...something?

Kouriozan

In a quest my teammate got a rustshard but not me, does that means I have a cursed table? T_T
Still refreshing that web tool like crazy, let's not lose hope.

Haunted

Ok, so even if they made some of the LR monsters a bit easier, or nerfed them or whatever...

Gigginox is still a motherfucker.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
When you free hunt, how do you get your rewards for breaking body parts? When you convert kills to resources?

Also, Carpenter Bugs. Any help on where to find these?

45 mins to solo qurupeco, solo. Not pots left, thought I was going to time out. I think it's time to start upgrading my weapons, default isn't cutting it.

When you free hunt, how do you get your rewards for breaking body parts? When you convert kills to resources?

Use bug net in the felynx camp (zone 4?) on the very first map.

Edit: When I mine, whetstones and aquaglow jewels everywhere.

Best spot seems to be the hidden Felyne village in Moga Woods, in area 4, right next to the entrance where you drop down. I can't find anywhere else that has them consistently.

EDIT: What ARE rustshards? I got two from mining last night, and a special noise played, so I assume they're special.

Ridley327

Best spot seems to be the hidden Felyne village in Moga Woods, in area 4, right next to the entrance where you drop down. I can't find anywhere else that has them consistently.

EDIT: What ARE rustshards? I got two from mining last night, and a special noise played, so I assume they're special.

Rustshards are super-sized minerals that can be appraised for a variety of different items. Usually, they're appraised to normal starting equipment, but you can get some rather unique and awesome weapons out of them, ones that deal heavy Dragon element damage. Having weapons that deal Dragon element damage is a good thing, since a good chunk of the monsters are weak to Dragon element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom