• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

You know what? I think Challenger +2 is going to be the best skill in the game. When a large monster is in the same area as you is enraged, you get Attack up Large and Critical Eye +2 (20% critical rate). The skill also stacks with other skills, such as Exploiter (+50% affinity if you hit a monster's weak point), Attack up Large, etc. Can't wait to make a set with a pure offensive-minded skillset. Should be fun >=)

That sounds pretty crazy.

I'm gonna throw tri in my wiiu and freshen up on my skills until tuesday. It's been a year.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I wish companies would just release stuff as soon as it's ready/available.

there's no reason why Nintendo should hold off on releasing the game on its servers, or why retailers should keep their shipments stored in the back until the release date.

And I say this as someone who lives in Minnesota, smack dab in the middle of the US, probably 1000 miles in a straight line to the ocean.

I want MH now :(

there's no reason why Nintendo should hold off on releasing the game on its servers, or why retailers should keep their shipments stored in the back until the release date.

And I say this as someone who lives in Minnesota, smack dab in the middle of the US, probably 1000 miles in a straight line to the ocean.

It helps sales.

Mupod

j2QHpX9tdAaUi.png

Orayn

Hey, another hunter from Tundra map! Good thing most of this state has spring break next week - Plenty of time for me to play.

I just heard about charm tables today - 'the fuck is the point of this shit?
Anyone actually creating new characters until a good table is on? Seems too tedious for me :/

Kurod

Banned
Looking through my Monster Hunter Illustrations book is a sweet, sweet way to pass the time in anticipation. Since Tri was my intro to MH, it's super awesome to see the monsters that weren't in Tri that are making a comeback, like Nargacuga... wow, scared and excited to face this mean lookin kitty-bat!

hGe37Ng.png

He's a fun one. Tri Ultimate will also have a green subspecies of him as well as a rare subspecies that
can turn invisible while fighting
. Can't wait to fight that one.

Pineconn

I just heard about charm tables today - 'the fuck is the point of this shit?
Anyone actually creating new characters until a good table is on? Seems too tedious for me :/

If all tables have the same percentage of being assigned, then there is a 70.6% that your table isn't cursed. There's a 91.3% chance that you don't have to go past one reset to land a good table.

I'm going to aim for table 10, but as long as it isn't cursed, I'll deal with whatever I get.

deviljho

How is this 100 friend limit going to work?

Also, I'll probably download the game when it releases, but probably can't play for a bit because we're doing some renovations.

Fewr

Ryozo Q&A - http://youtu.be/NEQpBPvUyB0

The first question was pretty good.

Also...

Miiverse: "We are planning on creating an official Mii and doing lots of other things to add to that excitement."
That was a very good interview, unlike people like Reggie, Molyneux or that bald man who used to represent Sony ages ago, this man was very honest about everything. I noticed he didn't quite answered directly one or two questions, but overall I could feel he was very excited for this release and for his work in the game. I like these interviews.

L Thammy

Thank you for your recent order at BestBuy.ca! We just wanted to inform you that your pre-order item(s) is currently awaiting the release date. You will receive a Shipment Notice email as soon as inventory is ready.

I know it's awaiting the release date, Best Buy. I don't need a notice, I need to mutilate dinosaurs.

DaBoss

Hey guys, remember to leave one space for me till like June so I can hunt with you guys. :p

I just watched a twenty minute walkthrough of the Misty Mountain Area.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Can you send a link? From what I've seen, this is probably going to be my favorite area just due to the scenic views throughout the area.

chronosic

A couple of impressions from playing today. They made away with sub quests for some strange reason, I liked having the option to end a quest via the sub if I screwed something up. They brought back the good guild card from the PSP versions though, which I'm thankful for. Love being able to see my weapon use stats!

kidko

A couple of impressions from playing today. They made away with sub quests for some strange reason, I liked having the option to end a quest via the sub if I screwed something up. They brought back the good guild card from the PSP versions though, which I'm thankful for. Love being able to see my weapon use stats!

Ah, strange... I used that from time to time too.

Subtle

Did they up the rewards for main quests?

L Thammy

Thankfully, they're adding it back to Monster Hunter 4.
I liked getting extra supplies for doing subquests. If you get kittycarted it's a chance to restock.

chronosic

Other small weirdness includes not being able to kill kelbies. They only get stunned and then run off after your carve. Weird that they introduced the ability to stun carve them or kill them in P3 and then just made them stunnable in this one.

MH3U is a handheld game, they don't do sub-quests on hanheld MH.

MH4 will be the first.

At any rate I always say it's easier to learn a weapon than a monster. So in the unlikely event you can't ever beat something with duals, give another weapon a try.

None of the weapons are new, they just weren't in Tri. I'm under the impression that the Dual Blades from the demo are a bit OP'd, but I could be wrong. Also, apparently their sharpness is supposed to go down way faster, so don't get too used to having so much blue/green sharpness.

Thanks both of you for the suggestions! Honestly, some of the responses left me with more questions, such as "Blue/green sharpness? Wha?" and "What changes were made between Tri and Ultimate that I should be aware of?" but I'll do some research before I come back with more!

I appreciate people being so friendly here. It's a nice break from the usual bickering in other threads.

Doombear

Oh my goodness. I just did the JUMP Mini Peco download quest in MHP3rdHD. It had been a hell of a long time since I did the JUMP quests on PSP.

Three observations were made by me immediately.

1) Mini Uragaan is soooooooooo cute!
2) Mini Peco has sooooooooo much HP. -.-
3) Mini anything looks greatest in "HD".

Nicktals

Banned
Nick! I was wondering if you had/were going to get a wiiU for this. Make sure you add me. Thinking about starting off with bowgun this time? ;)

"Why didn't you bring cold drinks?"

"I thought we were going to be finished with Ala in 45 seconds!"

lol if you haven't added me yet, I'll add you tomorrow!

Codeblue

So you get free shit from the white knights, obviously.

Anything worth a damn can't be traded unless you just really don't want to upgrade your farm.

I suspect the trade off between white knights and creepy dudes who fell in love with your avatar is not worth it in MH.

crinale

So they didn't fix charm table issue for NA version, oh well...
At Japanese version the cursed table (like 1 in every 500 people) even prohibited you from making some of end-game gear (yes the charm table did affect fishermen's loot).
Hope it doesn't happen for NA version.

So they didn't fix charm table issue for NA version, oh well...
At Japanese version the cursed table (like 1 in every 500 people) even prohibited you from making some of end-game gear (yes the charm table did affect fishermen's root).
Hope it doesn't happen for NA version.

It's the same thing for NA. Been discussed on Capcom Unity.

Pineconn

Thanks both of you for the suggestions! Honestly, some of the responses left me with more questions, such as "Blue/green sharpness? Wha?" and "What changes were made between Tri and Ultimate that I should be aware of?" but I'll do some research before I come back with more!

I appreciate people being so friendly here. It's a nice break from the usual bickering in other threads.

The sword under your health and stamina bar shows you what sharpness your weapon has currently. Early game weapons start with a maximum sharpness of yellow (designated on the HUD with no color), and as you use them, they go down to orange and red. You resharpen the weapon with a whetstone.

As you upgrade your weapons, you'll begin to get better sharpnesses. From worst to best, the sharpnesses are: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, white, purple. Yellow is in the middle of the road, with a damage multiplier of 1.00. Orange and red deal less damage and bounce off of body parts more. Green, blue, white, and purple deal more damage and are less likely to bounce. Purple sharpness will slice through almost anything.

In Tri, Barroth was the first monster to punish you if you didn't grasp the concept of sharpness since he has tough skin. It's highly suggested you have a weapon with at least green sharpness when fighting him.

Jarsonot

I can't believe they haven't announced the XL CCP for NA yet. This game seems perfect for selling that thing. What's wrong with you, Reggie?

Nester

Hey, another hunter from Tundra map! Good thing most of this state has spring break next week - Plenty of time for me to play.

Third Minnesota hunter on this page checking in. Can't wait for next week! Picking it up on the Wii U, name is same as on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom