• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon

Any Vegas hunters? I'll have it on Wii U, but I plan to take my 3DS version around for random grinding/collecting

Eusis

I can't believe they haven't announced the XL CCP for NA yet. This game seems perfect for selling that thing. What's wrong with you, Reggie?
It's PROBABLY more NOA on a whole...

... but yeah, seriously, what the fuck? This is the kind of thing to give more credence with gamers here anyway, and they make the first one a retailer exclusive and the newer one just doesn't show up at all. Are 3DS XL sales dreadful here or something?

... Maybe releasing all white or all black WOULD have been a good idea and you just misread the market, or those represent a large portion of buyers that wouldn't get the system otherwise even if their sales aren't as high as the colored units.

Lizardus

As I said in the other thread, it would be wise to post the way to get desirable charm tables in the OP because people will be asking about them as the thread grows.

Peru

It's PROBABLY more NOA on a whole...

... but yeah, seriously, what the fuck? This is the kind of thing to give more credence with gamers here anyway, and they make the first one a retailer exclusive and the newer one just doesn't show up at all. Are 3DS XL sales dreadful here or something?

... Maybe releasing all white or all black WOULD have been a good idea and you just misread the market, or those represent a large portion of buyers that wouldn't get the system otherwise even if their sales aren't as high as the colored units.

It's an incomprehensible decision but on the other hand it's region free and cheap and easy to buy online so for those of us who want it it's not a big issue.

Garou

As I said in the other thread, it would be wise to post the way to get desirable charm tables in the OP because people will be asking about them as the thread grows.

Pokemon-OTs don't include IV/DV-guides either, so I would leave that out. I think the whole matter is blown out of proportion.

So this whole charm table thing...
Basically, if I want Table 1..

1. I set the date to January 21, 2012
2. Set my clock to like 00:10:11 // start a stop watch at the same moment..
3. I boot up the game, and create a new character when the stop watch reads 4 minutes...

Ken

So this whole charm table thing...
Basically, if I want Table 1..

1. I set the date to January 21, 2012
2. Set my clock to like 00:10:11 // start a stop watch at the same moment..
3. I boot up the game, and create a new character when the stop watch reads 4 minutes...

Someone said that doesn't work on NA copies apparently.

Ken

really?

I've heard otherwise!
Someone confirmed that it worked!

After playing for 2 hours I'm finally back into the swings of things. I love the early game, building yourself up, creating an armoury.
Also concerning the charm tables, the info we have for the JP version dose not seem to apply to the NA version. Checked what time I started my new game, and the table I got did not correspond at all with the info we have.

Dunno. I'd prefer if it worked the same as the JP version just to get it out of the way from the start easily for those who care but hm.

Kyzon

Other than the Dual Swords (which I'm def maining) idk what other weapons to use. Everything feels so useful in the demo... Well bow aside, I'm terrible with bows. Bah I hope I can get a bunch of freetime to play this.

Doombear

We need more feedback, in order to be sure that A) the method works (at all), B) the method works for US and EU copies of the game, and C) the method works for 3DS and Wii U both.

Absolutely. Hopefully once some more early releases are in people's hands we will know for sure if the times carried over into the NA/EU copies.

Xater

That was a very good interview, unlike people like Reggie, Molyneux or that bald man who used to represent Sony ages ago, this man was very honest about everything. I noticed he didn't quite answered directly one or two questions, but overall I could feel he was very excited for this release and for his work in the game. I like these interviews.

The other thing about Tsujimoto is that he has very clear idea what MH is and what he wants it to be. At least that's what I get out of his interviews. That's a good quality considering his role.

I am actually starting to think that maybe I should start with the great sword. I know it's difficult but I really want to learn because these weapons just look so awesome.

Pineconn

The other thing about Tsujimoto is that he has very clear idea what MH is and what he wants it to be. At least that's what I get out of his interviews. That's a good quality considering his role.

I hope he didn't want these charm tables... D:<

Peru

Great Sword, Hammer, Sword n Shield

First one has always been my main MH weapon. Hammer I've realized is just too glorious to not use, and more importantly also carries a satisfying weight when attacking, you feel like you're whopping ass. SnS is a practical tool for certain situations.

When I'm all settled though I'll definitely experiment with the bow. I've used it extensively for the first time in this demo and it's fun. Not something I'm comfortable enough with to focus on but on the side, sure.

I'm going to main the Great Sword again. I used the demo to experiment with other weapons, but none gave me the same thrill.
Lance just seems too easy, huddled up behind that big shield, poking at the monsters but good Lance players are great as teammates.
Hammers just never klicked with me, but boy do I apreciate a good Hammer Hunter in a party.
Dual swords seemed kind of nice, could be a viable second melee weapon, depending on status effects etc.

Personally, i fell in love with the bow. Is ammo procurement a big chore or can it be done by trading/farming?

FlyFaster

I'm usually on top of things, but I missed that confirmation on the 3DS. damn...

any reports on confirmation of table manipulation on the Wii U?

Korezo

Nobody likes the switch axe? I find that weapon fun ass hell. On psp I always played Long Sword, Dual Sword, and bow. I'm a try the switch axe for a bit to see how it fares against harder bosses, but I'm a probably do Long sword and bow again , those weapons look too good, and drop dual sword for switch axe or great sword. I never found Dual sword useful unless group of people were zerging a huge boss, zerging dual swords was epic, killing bosses in less than a minute.

FlyFaster

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65669990

It's the same on Wii U, but it isn't confirmed if the NA/EU version will allow for the method of setting the internal clock to manipulate your table.

well there is a thread for 3ds confirming it works (on 3ds) just looking for solid info on someone who has done it on wii U as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65690088

that is the thread where the guy does it on 3ds.

Satch

Banned
Nobody likes the switch axe? I find that weapon fun ass hell. On psp I always played Long Sword, Dual Sword, and bow. I'm a try the switch axe for a bit to see how it fares against harder bosses, but I'm a probably do Long sword and bow again , those weapons look too good, and drop dual sword for switch axe or great sword. I never found Dual sword useful unless group of people were zerging a huge boss, zerging dual swords was epic, killing bosses in less than a minute.

i plan to use the Switch Axe

i like it a lot because of the versatility

Zornica

Banned
i plan to use the Switch Axe

i like it a lot because of the versatility

I plan on using it too. I am not sure though how it should be used. I guess the sword mode does more damage than the axe? so should I focus on using the sword as much as posible?

They can patch the 3DS version. 3DS supports patching.

They won't patch it. The game has been out in Japan for a year and 3 months and it hasn't been patched out. Japanese people have known about this since Jan 2012, a month after release, that's why that's the date you have to set your 3DS to in order to game the system. That's when they started testing it.

This charm table shit is confusing.

Not...really. It's pretty dang straightforward.

Think of it like this.

You start playing an RPG and the minute you hit "new game" the game randomly generates the contents of a chest at the very end of the game. The chest might have the best sword in the game, the best bow in the game, a pretty decent shield, or 1 gold. And normally you wouldn't be sure of what's in that chest until playing for a really long time. You might be permanently locked out of the best sword in the game due to random chance.

Fortunately some people have figured out how to learn what is in that chest by examining something else random that happens at the start of the game. This means you could start over right away and try again if it's not what you want.

Another person figured out a way to choose what you want to be in that chest by starting the game at a very specific time, gaming the random number generator.

It's basically this in practice. Don't be Charlie Brown.

Pineconn

Lol, now I'm going to randomly distribute rocks to kids on Halloween.

Hey, you might get a rock, but it might be a Rustshard. You just never know.

Haunted

Where can I look up which armours/weapons are unattainable with which charm tables?

I heard most people saying you shouldn't worry about them if you're not a hardcore end-game type of player, and I'm not, but I'd want to at least know what I would be potentially missing out on by not checking my table.

Someone mentioned rustshards and I do remember getting some of those in Tri.

I'm curious as to how people are "confirming" they are on specific tables. I understand how the process works but it would be nice if you could confirm it in some way. I would hate to start my game thinking I did it right, only to find out after a hundred some hours that I messed up and now have to start over in order to get certain charms.

If it really flat out denies certain players specific kinds of charms then it's a stupid system since you can't trade. The most a system like that should do is make one type rarer, yet still obtainable.

I'm also a little confused as to what table I should aim for since I will be mainly using Bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom