• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list out there that would tell me what the 'useless' items are? The ones that you just sell and won't be used in crafting. I assume the Dazzling Crown is one of these items, and Black Pearl too.

Haunted

Best spot seems to be the hidden Felyne village in Moga Woods, in area 4, right next to the entrance where you drop down. I can't find anywhere else that has them consistently.

EDIT: What ARE rustshards? I got two from mining last night, and a special noise played, so I assume they're special.
Rustshards are a rare drop that convert to actual weapons when appraised. Usually it's one of the standard weapons, but in rare cases they're the starting weapon for a special crafting tree branch.

Zornica

Banned
Great game Spieler1!

now euro GAF seems like a wasteland to me... :( where are you people?

still waiting for zavvi to deliver my game... until than, 3ds version only...

btw:
do I need something special to unlock the giginox boots? can craft everything except those...

gunstarhero

Doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about using the Lancer - is that because it's "old news" or is it something else?

Just curious - i'm new to MH and am leaning towards the lancer - but dont want to if its a busted class...

Kouriozan

Doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about using the Lancer - is that because it's "old news" or is it something else?

Just curious - i'm new to MH and am leaning towards the lancer - but dont want to if its a busted class...

Every weapons are good, just use the one you like the most.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about using the Lancer - is that because it's "old news" or is it not a good class?

I think it may be more the fact that damage may be a little less than desired damage early on and materials are hard to come by to upgrade the weapons as well.

Raide

Slowly learning the bow. The wiiu pad just ain't good for aiming. Having to let go of fire to aim around is nearly impossible. So glad i sorted the monster target thing.

any particular settings for the pad to make it a bit easier to handle?

also it seems to be the best idea to hit and run most monsters. Just met Wroggi for the first time. Pretty easy if you keep a good distance.

Ragus

Banned
I needed 6 Carpenter Bugs to complete my Wroggi cowboy set. So much time spent in S. Plains and I still have to find 2 of them.

So close, yet so far ;_;

I don't have the game yet... but I don't think they have changed it much since Tri and Portable 3rd, Lances are awesome and OP as fuck underwater. There's no way it's a busted class.

Rustshards are a rare drop that convert to actual weapons when appraised. Usually it's one of the standard weapons, but in rare cases they're the starting weapon for a special crafting tree branch.

Oh cool, I got two sets of rusted weapons. I figured they were worthless, but they must be rad then. Whoo!

Moga woods, zone 4, felyne camp. Abundance.

They sure aren't abundant anymore. I barely get 1 or 2 per trip.

Kouriozan

This game is quickly becoming my most played Wii U game, once you have learned how to play, it's really addictive :lol
I'll stick with hunting horn, I have the feeling that all my online hunt since I use it are faster, thanks to Attack/Defense boost S.

Ken

Slowly learning the bow. The wiiu pad just ain't good for aiming. Having to let go of fire to aim around is nearly impossible. So glad i sorted the monster target thing.

any particular settings for the pad to make it a bit easier to handle?

also it seems to be the best idea to hit and run most monsters. Just met Wroggi for the first time. Pretty easy if you keep a good distance.

Only thing I change is make Z buttons function as R and L.

I completed a Rathalos set last night, pretty happy about that. Is this one worth putting armor spheres into?

basic armour spheres stack up pretty quickly so I think there's no harm in upgrading any armour you like the skills of. I've just started out in this one and happily rocking the basic hunter's set gemmed for autotracker (no paintballs needed!) and I'll just upgrade it for a while rather than get something else.

Best spot seems to be the hidden Felyne village in Moga Woods, in area 4, right next to the entrance where you drop down. I can't find anywhere else that has them consistently.

the two bug points in tundra area one both give carpenter bugs on most runs, for me anyway. There's a gathering quest available at the port from the start of the game- put on your farming gear (leather armour from start of game is fine), run out and search the bugs. Even if you don't get any it's hardly any wait to turn the ticket it and try again. If you want to make some money while you're at it take pickaxes and mine in the caverns for blood stones and golden bones.

Meesh

I always admired the good lancers... There's just something about standing your ground in the face of a giant ferocious beast with a bad ass toothpick that deserves a little kudos. :)

I need a monster bone+ to make a really good hammer upgrade. I just killed the urgent quest for the lamp fish. What monster should I battle to get Monster Bone + from?

In the 45 hours that I've played this past week, I feel like I've gotten further than in the 150 hours I put into Tri. I dont know what that means though...

Abandond

Man Cha-Cha almost killed me. It was a Rhenoplos chasing after him and then he runs right infront of me so the Rheno hits him and then hits me as well. Crazy little midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom