• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napophis

Are there any charm table searchers that still work? Just started and I'm a bit curious what the result of this haul means...

Pin Tuna x2
Popfish x5
Sushifish x2
Shining Starfish x1
Pin Tuna x2
Humspun Conch x1
Shining Starfish x1

Anyone have any idea?

i found this program off the capcom forums, but haven't tested it myself as im still downloading the game and im about to go to work, so if you want to give it a go before i get home, here is the link:

http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/6...hod checker: http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/

Let's say, that I'm wearing a set which gives me Poison skill. Now, I get rid of that set and I use a new one - are exclusive skills from first set gone?
Yeah, you lose the Poison skill.

Skill points aren't exclusive to an armor BTW. You can also use gems to add skill points to your armor set. You could theoretically get a brand new set of armor with completely new set of skills, then gem in the Poison skill.

ramyeon

Ragus

Banned
Oh, now I understand. So new armor doesn't really add new skills - it only gives a big boost to them.

Right (._. )?

Oh, and thank you very much for your reply :).

I just hit the 3 star quests and I have all the pieces of the Jaggi armor minus the waist and gloves. Should I farm them I just keep playing? I'm missing 2 Great Jaggi claws and a King's Frill

Also, if I was to farm Great Jaggis, should I do its quest or go fight some in the woods?

Ragus

Banned
I just hit the 3 star quests and I have all the pieces of the Jaggi armor minus the waist and gloves. Should I farm them I just keep playing? I'm missing 2 Great Jaggi claws and a King's Frill

Also, if I was to farm Great Jaggis, should I do its quest or go fight some in the woods?

If you want King's frill, then it's got to be from a quest, not from the woods.

Oh, now I understand. So new armor doesn't really add new skills - it only gives a big boost to them.
Yeah, basically, skill points are what you want from armor.

Eg, you wear a piece of chest armor that gives +4 Expert. By itself, it doesn't do anything at all.

Now you forge any helmet, glove, belt, boots and charms that give points to Expert. If the total points you have on Expert amounts to 10, you activate the skill "Critical Eye+1" which increases your affinity (crit chance) by 10%. Let's say the armor set you're wearing has have plenty of slots. You gemmed in several Expert gems which got you 20 points on Expert. Now you have Critical Eye+3, which boosts your affinity by 30%.

Late in the game, you just mix and match armor sets to get the skills you want.

Ragus

Banned
Yeah, basically, skill points are what you want from armor.

Eg, you wear a piece of chest armor that gives +4 Expert. By itself, it doesn't do anything at all.

Now you forge any helmet, glove, belt, boots and charms that give points to Expert. If the total points you have on Expert amounts to 10, you activate the skill "Critical Eye+1" which increases your affinity (crit chance) by 10%. Let's say the armor set you're wearing has have plenty of slots. You gemmed in several Expert gems which got you 20 points on Expert. Now you have Critical Eye+3, which boosts your affinity by 30%.

Late in the game, you just mix and match armor sets to get the skills you want.

You are a great teacher. Now I understand. Thanks :).

ace3skoot

Could you folks help me understand stats progress in Monster Hunter series? Let's say, that I have a hunter in full Wroggi set, which has:

Defense - X
Attack - Y
Health - Z

etc.

Now, as there are no exp points in this game, I guess there is no chance, that those stats which I have mentioned, will ever grow if I'll keep on wearing this armor through my whole playthrough (the same applies to new skills)?

Also, how can I check my skills? I know that there are 2 pages of them in Stats, but which page consists of armor skills? Do they work only if I have a full armor? Do they disappear if I change ny armor?

Sorry for all those questions, but I hope to get some help from you, fellow Hunters ;)

stats of attack and defence are determed by your equipment, you can't stick with the same weapons, or if you do you need to upgrade them.

health and stamina starts at 100, but can be increased by items nutriants and meat/rations. But you can eat before a mission, this can give you buffs and stat increases depending on the combination of ingrediants you use, for example bread and meat wil increase healyj and stamina, towards the later game it can be as high as 150 health and 150 stamina at the start of the battle. 150 is the max.

the easiest ways to skills is to have a full set of armor wouldn't worry about advance armor mixing and until at least higher rank but there are loads of guides out there.

Prade

I just started this today and I have no idea what I'm doing. Any beginners tips for the first part of the game that I should concentrate on?

Gather everything, do this to make easy money and focus on 1-3 weapons. Good all around weapons are the GS, Lance and Hammer. The sns, DS and LS are great weapons for beginners. The Swax is a great weapon for cutting tails and is easier to use than a GS. Other than that, just try and soak up as much info as you can from other players. I recommend searching up tutorials on youtube and just coming in this thread every now and then.

Ragus

Banned
Last question - I still have to make gloves for my full set. When I select gloves and press Y, I see skills. Threre, I have one gray skill (Auto-Guard) and 3 white skills (Shakalakha Rally, Razor Sharp and Negate-Poison).

The white ones are the benefits from wearing a full set, yes?

If a skill is grayed out on the left of the screen, it means it's activated but it doesn't do anything for you. Auto-Guard is only for weapons that can block (SnS, GS, Lance, GL).

Goddamn, I have to Hunterfy my avatar sometime.

I fucking love this game. Set my alarm clock to midnight so I could download it on Friday, then come home from work to play it ALL NIGHT LONG!
And then I played ALL SATURDAY LONG!

This is getting hard for me, because I desperately want to finish Virtue's Last Reward.

Still, my gaming time on Saturday was not in vain as I sport a complete Barroth armor set now when I haven't even touched the single player tutorial yet...

I fucking love this game and I kinda hate myself for not playing any MH game sooner (I own MH Freedom for four years or so and haven't touched it even once).

Can't wait for the patch in April that lifts the region lock for online gaming so I can play with a few GAFfers too :)

Prade

Last question - I still have to make gloves for my full set. When I select gloves and press Y, I see skills. Threre, I have one gray skill (Auto-Guard) and 3 white skills (Shakalakha Rally, Razor Sharp and Negate-Poison).

The white ones are the benefits from wearing a full set, yes?

Yes, and the reason auto guard is grayed is because you're using a weapon that can't block in the first place lol. If you have another charm with a lot of skill points in it, you can try and gem in a new skill onto the set.

NeoRausch

tonight I've had a fever dream where the kebap cat told me that I have to dance the twist with the giant cow.
I woke up and knew that I need the Duramboros armor.

off for hunting!

Fistwell

Liking the look and feel of the bleeding cross. How crap is poison dmg in this game though? Never really bothered with it before.

tonight I've had a fever dream where the kebap cat told me that I have to dance the twist with the giant cow.
I woke up and knew that I need the Duramboros armor.

off for hunting!
You gonna be online this afternoon? Sent you a FR btw.

ramyeon

Took out the Great Jaggi on my first go, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Except being surrounded by the smaller ones so I fainted once.

Now on the quest where you have to capture the bear. I managed to weaken it to when it was limping, trap it and then tried to throw the tranqs at it but they went all over the place :/ am I doing this wrong?

The charm table checker finally went through after a couple of days of occasional retries; got T10, so I can stop thinking about that.

I visited the online village and capped a Qurupeco solo just to check things out. Did I understand correctly that I have to complete all HR1 quests, including the harvests, to advance to the next rank?

Prade

Took out the Great Jaggi on my first go, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Except being surrounded by the smaller ones so I fainted once.

Now on the quest where you have to capture the bear. I managed to weaken it to when it was limping, trap it and then tried to throw the tranqs at it but they went all over the place :/ am I doing this wrong?

Gotta hit him with the tranqs lol. Just face your guy in the direction he's in and throw.

ramyeon

Gotta hit him with the tranqs lol. Just face your guy in the direction he's in and throw.
Haha yeah I figured, I was facing him but for some reason they went to the side so I had to abandon the quest haha. Will try again and see if I can get my damn aim right this time lol.

Ragus

Banned
temporary_zpsaffafb49.jpg

Man, Wroggi set looks fantastic to me. Even my doughnut shows some respect to my cowboy.

Septimius

Ok, too many hours later, the game is downloading, and my awesome girlfriend installed it before she left for work today. Now I realise it has to be updated, but I'm soon there, I hope! Can someone point me to somewhere that explains this whole gem table? loot table? some table business? And fishing to ensure you're in a non-broken one?

Oh god, it's gonna take 40 minutes to download the update. Something is seriously wrong with Nintendo's servers.

windfish

Cool. I should be around on and off, playing with filthy pubs right now.

aah i want too!! fear i'll be falling behind this week, not much time to play in the upcoming days! tackled high rank offline yesterday and got destroyed by azuresomethingsomethingbear, time to say goodbye to my loyal jaggi armor - here we come los set =)

Xater

guess so. no idea at what time though. got an appointment at my bank.

edit:

where can I hunt some wroggies? I need some skiiiiiinnnn.

In the flooded area. If you do the Great Wroggi hunt there will be lots of them running around.

Killed Rathalos and Diablos in the morning. Next up is Barioth but first I think I want to create a full Rathalos set.

Fistwell

Man, bet PUG ever. We have,

- The princess, we owe her our devotion, she picks all quests no question asked, she goes to chill in the base area cause "gotta eat lol brb lol,"

- The shit hammer, does spinny hammer charge over and over again, can't be arsed to go for the head, wears shit mismatched LR armor for HR quest, dies a lot, distracts monster from trap when monster is weak (and gets killed),

- The crap SnS, whiffs at los tail permanently cause he doesn't have the reach, has poison sword, never manages to inflict poison. Dies a lot also.

None of them trap or cap. Was gonna fish plesi but they all dove in the water.

;_;

At least I got a los ruby out of this. I deserve it on account of my patience for these unwashed heathens alone.

Sorry I meant 3-4 feet.

It means I don't know of any Nintendo game that has gotten a patch. I think Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword got it's own channel when that needed a patch for it's save game glitch but that is the only one I know of. I don't think Nintendo want too many patches on their games, or else they would give us hardware (hdd space) to support it.

There are plenty of Wii U games that have had patches. Plenty. NSMBU, Nintendoland, Sonic Racing, CoD, NFS:MW, just to name a few. Hell, wasn't there a day one patch for this very game?

DaBoss

- The princess, we owe her our devotion, she picks all quests no question asked, she goes to chill in the base area cause "gotta eat lol brb lol,"

- The shit hammer, does spinny hammer charge over and over again, can't be arsed to go for the head, wears shit mismatched LR armor for HR quest, dies a lot, distracts monster from trap when monster is weak (and gets killed),

- The crap SnS, whiffs at los tail permanently cause he doesn't have the reach, has poison sword, never manages to inflict poison. Dies a lot also.

;_;

At least I got a los ruby out of this. I deserve it on account of my patience for these unwashed heathens alone.

Sounds like fun lol.

Is health for monsters the same online as it is offline? Just took down a Qurupeco must faster solo than I did online with a friend. Have upgraded my weapon once but the boost wasn't that large.

Prade

;_;

Lol, randumbs.

mojo2

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been asked a lot (I checked few pages and no luck), but is there any series newbies who fell in love with the game even though not liking the demo at all? I was quite turned off by the demo and I really wanted to like it. It wasn't hard or confusing or even that clunky, it just felt... boring I guess. I know it just throws you in the middle of the game but still.
I've liked some MMORPG's, love retro games, Dark Souls etc., so I guess I could like this too, eh? :) So anyone let down by the demo and impressed by the final product?

bitoriginal

Sorry if this has been asked a lot (I checked few pages and no luck), but is there any series newbies who fell in love with the game even though not liking the demo at all? I was quite turned off by the demo and I really wanted to like it. It wasn't hard or confusing or even that clunky, it just felt... boring I guess. I know it just throws you in the middle of the game but still.
I've liked some MMORPG's, love retro games, Dark Souls etc., so I guess I could like this too, eh? :) So anyone let down by the demo and impressed by the final product?

Yeah, me. Never played a MH game before, now absolutely loving it. Go and buy it! It takes like 10 hours to figure out what the fuck is going on though.

Nohar

If a monster is caught in a trap, then 2 tranquilizer bombs = 100% chance of catching?

If a monster is caught in a trap, and is near-death (you will see him limping), then 2 tranquilizer bombs = 100% chance of catching.

Warning: when a monster drools, it means it's tired, not that it's near-death.

Fewr

If a monster is caught in a trap, then 2 tranquilizer bombs = 100% chance of catching?
If the monster is weak enough, yes. If not then hit it as much as possible while trapped, then if you reach the HP threshold then it gets captured, if it's still too strong it'll escape the trap and you just wasted some items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom