• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Just tried to get a copy of this for a friend from Game. The store didn't even receive enough copies to fulfill it's preorders.

How would I go about partying up with Gaffers? I'm up to the point of fighting Lagi in single player, so I'm not TERRIBLE, I don't think... But I've actually never played MH online, so ha. Played some local the other day though...

Hoodbury

Might be possible if you get it via that one skill which combines attack up large and sharpness+1. Used to be called Stellar Hunter, don't know what it is now. It's on abyssal lagi set.

Not sure what its 'downside' skill is though.

At most yes. Some weapons don't even get that.

ya, looks like you can have both in this game: http://www.mh3-ultimate.com/page/Blademaster+Rare+10

The Yamato/Hinata+ set has both.

So scratch that, go get em both.

Hoodbury

Also someone mentioned I could bring people I've streetpassed with into single player as AIs, how do I do that?

Not as AI's, you just kinda send them out on their own quest and they come back with rewards a couple in-game days later. It's kinda similar to how the fishing boats work in a way.

To do it, you have to go online and have some other person send you their guild card. Then you have to go to the offline part of the tanzia port. You will then see their hunter guy/gal standing around the Tavern part and just talk to them. Send them off, and then check back there in a couple in-game days.

Kurod

Banned
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sword mode the mode that does the most DPS? When I used the swax in Tri I'm always in sword mode practically.

For the most part yes. Power and elemental phials will do more damage. Axe mode has the advantage of increased mobility and range. Great for lopping off tails on really tall monsters or grounding that pesky Rathalos that just refuses to land.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
LOL wtf at the Barroth "sword."

BarrothGS.png

Hoodbury

How would I go about partying up with Gaffers? I'm up to the point of fighting Lagi in single player, so I'm not TERRIBLE, I don't think... But I've actually never played MH online, so ha. Played some local the other day though...

Talk to the cat in moga village by the big boat. Select "Network" mode. Quote the OP of this thread to see what world and server we make our rooms at.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Not as AI's, you just kinda send them out on their own quest and they come back with rewards a couple in-game days later. It's kinda similar to how the fishing boats work in a way.

To do it, you have to go online and have some other person send you their guild card. Then you have to go to the offline part of the tanzia port. You will then see their hunter guy/gal standing around the Tavern part and just talk to them. Send them off, and then check back there in a couple in-game days.

Awww I could really use a few other distractions in big fights besides Cha Cha

Dineren

Banned
I wasn't expecting much from the 3ds version, but I'm having a blast with the XL cpp. I thought it would be way too bulky to be comfortable, but it hasn't bothered me at all and the camera controls work perfectly for me. I only really purchased the 3ds version as a stop gap until off tv play was implemented, but now I think it will be my platform of choice when I'm not playing online. Only thing I'm not too fond of is the text. I thought it was fine on the Wii U so I wasn't expecting any issues on the 3ds, but that font is horrible. I can't believe they actually considered that acceptable.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also also was there ever a good reason given for why the 3DS version is offline :(

Not that I remember, but it was probably time constraints. Nintendo probably wanted Tri G out ASAP to combat the Vita (in retrospect they probably blew their load prematurely for no reason, but time makes fools of everyone.) MH4 from the start was always to have online, so they probably put off dealing with online for knowing they'd put it in that instead.

Hoodbury

oh! i didnt know :)

Ya, everytime I've logged into online mode there's been 2 or 3 gaf rooms. If they're full, just make a new one and post you made one in this thread and in 5 minutes it usually is full of good ole gaffers.

Try to name it GAF <whatever HR quests you want to do>
So for example I make a new room called "GAF HR3" Or "GAF HR 2-3", etc.

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered, but have they redone the intro to the game? Are you still given those tutorial missions, is the single player "story" goal to restore the village still or is it different? I really hated that hub and found it a little tedious in Tri. Is it the same or different?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I was hoping to try a new weapon since I was starting to get bored from using the same ol same ol in the last few games, so I tried Light Bowgun this weekend.

Feels like a brand new game

Everything around me is dying at an alarming rate

Feels good man

Hoodbury

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered, but have they redone the intro to the game? Are you still given those tutorial missions, is the single player "story" goal to restore the village still or is it different? I really hated that hub and found it a little tedious in Tri. Is it the same or different?

It's the same but with some of the quests rearranged. New cha cha guy to add to your party and the new monsters are in it too. You can go straight to online though if that is what you prefer. You even have access to your farm and fishing boats while online.

qko

Pretty much the same, some of the quests are a liiiiiiitle bit different in the beginning from Tri, but what I miss is the hub at night time since it looks like they took that out (or I'm just not at the point where that gets unlocked?). You are equipped with one type of weapon each from the get go though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was hoping to try a new weapon since I was starting to get bored from using the same ol same ol in the last few games, so I tried Light Bowgun this weekend.

Feels like a brand new game

Everything around me is dying at an alarming rate

Feels good man

It's insane watching pro bowgun and bow users. I may take the time to learn one of them eventually, but I need to clear some quests and start farming monsters. I get so caught up in little things...

About to play online for the first time, anyone in NA want to do some HR1 quests with me?

Freeplay 3, Lobby 9, Room gaf, usual pass

Let me know if you want to join, and ill wait

Hoodbury

I thought the moga village lagi quests were suppose to be that continuation style; where the damage carries over from the repel quest to the kill quest? Or is that only the Ceadus one?

I cut the tail off in the repel quest, but it was back in the kill quest :(

Kuntz

Unpacking Wii U

Hell, it's about time !

In one or two hours there'll be a new challenger Eu side. NNID incoming.

Does someone come ?

dubq

i need buggies

carpenter bug WHERE U AT

So, can we not cultivate these bugs in the farm? It wouldn't let me add one of the 3 CB's that I had in my inventory.. my bug farm is only at level 1, though, so maybe I have to get it to level 2?

Hoodbury

So, can we not cultivate these bugs in the farm? It wouldn't let me add one of the 3 CB's that I had in my inventory.. my bug farm is only at level 1, though, so maybe I have to get it to level 2?

Nope, you can't. There's always something needed that they don't let you farm. In tri it was thunderbugs.

Salaadin

Carpenterbugs in Sandy Plains...map 2, 5, and 10 if I remember correctly.
Took me 25 minutes to get 3 of them, though. I hate them.

In the second "land" that you unlock. The dry, desert-type place.

I have gotten a significant amount of my carpenter bugs from there. Oodles even.

Just in case people didn't notice, I'm not bad at grammar, this is the Capcom way of finding fellow hunters !

Which makes it even better!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It's insane watching pro bowgun and bow users. I may take the time to learn one of them eventually, but I need to clear some quests and start farming monsters. I get so caught up in little things...

Yeah like, a relatively easy Light Bowgun to get is the Rathian one, it does around 190 per hit, not much, right? Well, lets say you have attack up plus and you use lv 2 ammo, that should be around 220 per hit, if not more. The rathian bowgun rapid fires lv2 ammo, so BAM BAM BAM, 3 hits, 250x3= 750 damage. I can do that 4 times in a row before I have to reload sooo 750x4= 3000 damage before reloading.

And thats the lv2 ammo! Then you have your other options like elemntal ammo, status ammo, shotgun, exploding etc etc. Its a beast.

explodet

When I need Carpenterbugs I hit the Harvest Tour:Tundra and farm the bug node(s) in the first area. Gather, turn in, repeat if necessary.

About to play online for the first time, anyone in NA want to do some HR1 quests with me?

Freeplay 3, Lobby 9, Room gaf, usual pass

Let me know if you want to join, and ill wait

I will, and can right now actually. What's the password? I suppose I can check the OP if that's where it is...

daxy

Haha, that picture inspired me. Speartuna caught! Time to make that beast :D

For anyone wondering, they're easiest to find in the fishing spot in Base camp of Tundra (any rank). Bring Tuna bait (yambug + worm).
It's the extremely big tuna fish that'll swim there.

Unpacking Wii U

Hell, it's about time !

In one or two hours there'll be a new challenger Eu side. NNID incoming.

Does someone come ?
Will join you in the hunt if I finish my assignment before midnight lol, but just add my NNID = same as GAF name. Hopefully I'll finish my assignment lol and be able to help you out or just gather materials =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom