• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Single player Jhen sounds like the worst thing ever. Is it?

Gets a little hairy toward the end but I beat him 3 times with the rustshard hammer, I forget the name but it was obviously the tier before you get elder dragonblood.

I recommend getting the master cola + veggie buff that gives felyne moxie and bombardier. And speed gather, and using 20 ballista shots in the chest.

It seems like chacha and kayamba help out a bit in the fight, they even get an ability that boosts their cannon/ballista damage. But it's mostly on you.

I failed it my first try which was kinda disheartening but then I remembered some of the tricks, like gonging him when he tries the bellyflop.

Haunted

Gunlance here.

Doing the three jabs with the third one as the overhead slam, then blowing all your ammo in a blast and sending monsters scattering.

You will hit an unprecedented place of bliss the first time you nail a charging monster with the wyvern fire and it sends them sprawling backwards.
gunlance bros

r8w5R.gif

Nah I never used him. Waited 2 more days ingame he still hasn't shown up. Going to wait some more >.<
Damn. I hope nothing's happened to him. :eek:

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just killed a Rathian with a throwing knife. Lol.

Edit:
Finally my Rathian armor is complete.

Edit 2:
Fuck, I forgot the pants.

JEALOUS

Are Ian plates as impossible to get in this game as they were in Tri?

Mupod

I think I rarely see any hunter with S&S online. Maybe its attack/defend effectiveness is not very good compare to other weapons?

It's the perfect weapon for new players that no new player ever uses. Why would I use the little sword when I can use the big one?

Its guarding ability is more of a last ditch thing, since it's weaker than GS and lance blocking. It can cancel out of its attacks so easily that you should rarely even need to block.

Its offensive ability isn't the best but it makes up for this online easily. A paralyze SnS is a great asset to the team, and you don't have any issues with interrupting other players because its attack range is so narrow.

It's not like it does crap damage solo either. Sure it's not the fastest killer, but if you're exploiting elemental weaknesses it does just fine.

Getting my Carapaces on :). Hello Wyvern blade of fire damage dooooooooom

quick dumb question: are monsters that are weak to water also kinda weak to ice and vice versa?

Ken

I've yet to see any randoms do anything like status up/support roles, and I'm up to G rank. Everyone just wants to whack stuff, which is why I was thinking of making a status LBG but I've yet to see a good one.

Has anybody noticed slowmo on 3DS during underwater fight? It's almost laughable. Maybe this is the reason Capcom didn't include underwater fight in MHP3rd.

However, graphic on WiiU is stunning! Especially in Misty Forest.

Got to High Rank Single player mode last night. The fights are so intense on your own. I'm a little afraid to face some of the monsters by my self...

Kuntz

Starting solo play, didn't add everyone because I wanted to play.

With my luck I'll probably end up on one of the cursed tables ...

A poor wee Rathian had to learn about my new Great Sword gaf.
I would feel bad if it wasn't for the fact I have nooooo idea what to do when its on top of me and the wee bar appears.

What should I be doing?

muu

Getting myself to rank6 when I get home. Sucks that the urgent is a water fight.

I've been playing with the flute a lot recently and find it tons of fun. I'd like to use decorations to activate Maestro though, and for some reason it's not on the list. As far as I've read it requires Peco beaks, which I have tons of. What am I missing?

Ken

I would feel bad if it wasn't for the fact I have nooooo idea what to do when its on top of me and the wee bar appears.

What should I be doing?

It is either wiggle the sticks or mash the buttons, I forget,

Or just throw dung bomb.

^some weapons are HR locked too, or appear only when you get specific items.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

What should I be doing?

Accept the loving. She likes it rough.

daxy

ok i farmed barroth 20 times now and i cant get fertile mud. wtf?! i dont remember it being hard to get.

Don't know if you've got access to it, but the double Barroth 3 star guild quest just gave me three of them in the rewards after capturing those guys.

Rize_21

Am I the only one rocking the gunlance?

Really love that weapon, so versatile. Shooting quickly dispatches of smaller annoying enemies, good defensive options with the stab behind the shield and of course, the awesome Wyvern fire special attack for lots of damage in one shot.

Fucking love it, maybe even ahead of the Long Sword. :eek: I wonder why I never used it in Freedom Unite.

I do the Bracchydios with the gunlance only but woah,it's very hard to burst!it does not forgive and can lock the gunlancer into a radical deadly combo.
Maybe it's better with the evasion talent,but the classic way...argh!it's hard to keep our cold blood with the gunlance but to me,that's what makes its charm.

I'm going online in about 30 minutes. Anyone want to do some HR5/HR6 stuff with me?

Don't want to nag, but I can't find this online anywhere. Could anyone with the guide look this up for me? Thanks

It's a 5* commodity trade with the village trader. You have to beat offline mode pretty much, then send the trader to some realm.

Blitzhex

I need to go to the volcano area to farm some dragonite ore, but I'm still at low rank 4 star quests in moga village. Is there any way to get to that place early to farm it? The tavern guildie doesn't have a harvest quest for the volcano area.

TheExodu5

Banned
As a Hunting Horn user, any advice as to what armor set I should be looking to make? I'm just starting High Rank. I'm currently using Lagiacrus armor (which isn't that useful for HH...I got it mostly due to component availability).

B-Dex

As a Hunting Horn user, any advice as to what armor set I should be looking to make? I'm just starting High Rank. I'm currently using Lagiacrus armor (which isn't that useful for HH...I got it mostly due to component availability).

I would go for any set that boosts the element of the horn you're using. Peco loses maestro after low rank for some reason :(.

Chunky

Am I the only one rocking the gunlance?

Really love that weapon, so versatile. Shooting quickly dispatches of smaller annoying enemies, good defensive options with the stab behind the shield and of course, the awesome Wyvern fire special attack for lots of damage in one shot.

Fucking love it, maybe even ahead of the Long Sword. :eek: I wonder why I never used it in Freedom Unite.

Like the Hunting Horn, the Gunlance got buffed into an almost entirely different weapon in P3rd/3U. There weren't the breadth of combos and connecting moves it has now and you could only block-recharge.

Love it too, have the awesome DLC GL and I'm grinding lightcrystals for the Feloyshka :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom