• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugaaz

As a Hunting Horn user, any advice as to what armor set I should be looking to make? I'm just starting High Rank. I'm currently using Lagiacrus armor (which isn't that useful for HH...I got it mostly due to component availability).

Just use anything, the skills are just not that important. Get enough armor to not be 2 shot and wail away on the head. The only skill that really allows you to do something you couldnt before is evade. Gluttony +2 is nice since you dont need to ever carry steaks. Honestly Id just use Gluttony +2 with heat/cold cancel and power through to G rank. Spending hours farming for a high rank set when you can be in G rank within the same amount of time is pointless.

Schmitty

What is the best mission to do to get carpenter bugs. I've been doing the desert gathering quest but I sometimes get one. I'm using a mega bug net

Kyzon

I'm going online in about 30 minutes. Anyone want to do some HR5/HR6 stuff with me?

It's a 5* commodity trade with the village trader. You have to beat offline mode pretty much, then send the trader to some realm.

5* trade with Argosy IIRC . So you got some hellacious grinding in store.

@_@ thanks.

This will take some time

It took a while, but it's worth it for the looks alone:

Full Bnahabara Set including the Arkulo Bow:

RCWEVu1.jpg

A bit on the weak side though, but as an archer, defense isn't really that important (yet)

Neifirst

It took a while, but it's worth it for the looks alone:

Full Bnahabara Set including the Arkulo Bow:

A bit on the weak side though, but as an archer, defense isn't really that important (yet)

What a cool armor set! I just got the Wroggi to add to my collection myself, which I think looks quite dashing too. I simply cannot get enough of this game - perfect timing for my spring break.

What is the best mission to do to get carpenter bugs. I've been doing the desert gathering quest but I sometimes get one. I'm using a mega bug net

Just go to deserted Island in Free Hunt mode, go to area 4, into the feline hideout and catch bugs in the middle. When the source runs out, return to the village and immediately head back out again. Was able to gather around 15 carpenterbugs in about 10 minutes that way.

Anyone up for helping me farm Lagiacrus for it's armor tonight? I'm pretty close to making it. I think I just need a couple more horns. I'd also like to start doing some HR2 hunts or I'm up for helping others farm for stuff they need. I'll be on around 7:00pm Central tonight.

Anyone up for helping me farm Lagiacrus for it's armor tonight? I'm pretty close to making it. I think I just need a couple more horns. I'd also like to start doing some HR2 hunts or I'm up for helping others farm for stuff they need. I'll be on around 7:00pm Central tonight.

How many hours is that from now? i can help you farm

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hm I can actually turn off 3D completely on my XL but the setting is worth trying.

The font itself (kerning, serifs, etc.) are all still completely horrible even without the blur, though.

Sakura

Is playing this in HD on the TV a big enough improvement to pick up the Wii U version if you already have it on the 3DS?

EDIT: Never mind, it would appear I already ordered the Wii U version at 5AM this morning =_=

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The level 3 charge of the Great Sword is when it flashes blue, right? The guide posted earlier said it's just a bigger aura but I keep seeing blue when charging.

Neo C.

Is playing this in HD on the TV a big enough improvement to pick up the Wii U version if you already have it on the 3DS?

It's easier for your eyes, controls are better, and it has online. It depends on personal preference though, I like to play it on Wii U.

Ken

The level 3 charge of the Great Sword is when it flashes blue, right? The guide posted earlier said it's just a bigger aura but I keep seeing blue when charging.

Iirc it's a brief but brighter flash of white.

HR6 urgent is 2 Brachydios. X4 for party so 8 lol.

Doorman

Perhaps I just haven't fought him enough times to fully tell yet, but while they gave Barioth his brand new hipcheck, it seems like they've taken away his little slalom arm-swipe-pounce-whatever attack in exchange. This is perfectly fine with me, I never could seem to get the hang of figuring out where and when to dodge to avoid getting clobbered by that. Feels a lot more viable to lance/gunlance him now compared to Tri.

On the other hand, I think they took away some of Barioth's annoyance and gave it to Gigginox instead. I became pretty good at regularly walloping 'Nox back in Tri (thanks for never dropping a fearsome maw, jackass), but with just the couple of tweaks they made to him he seems significantly more difficult. Good thing I only need parts from him for, like, one weapon and nothing else.

Mupod

As a Hunting Horn user, any advice as to what armor set I should be looking to make? I'm just starting High Rank. I'm currently using Lagiacrus armor (which isn't that useful for HH...I got it mostly due to component availability).

I've been getting a lot of mileage out of evade+1. I'm STILL using low rank volvidon stuff and I'm well into 7* village. Just the nature of hunting horns means that being able to dodge out of normally dangerous situations has helped a ton.

Doing so also has led me to believe that everyone who claimed the Wii U had huge input lag is full of shit, because the dodge timings are the same on 3DS, heh.

Getting a shitty set just because it has horn maestro seems like a waste. I was lucky enough to find a +6 maestro charm but even without it the gems are +2 each so it's easy enough to put it on any set. It's a really important skill though.

I'm really looking forward to Narga armor. For the time being I might just make Jhen stuff beause...well, I'm farming Jhen for bloods and I like fighting him. Or maybe I'll make Rath Soul and go back to hammers. I feel like I've done that in too many games already though, heh.

Satch

Banned
wow, the gunlance is incredibly powerful

i typically make short work of Great Jaggi anyway, but the gunlance made it go by even faster

i need to learn this thing

bitoriginal

Man I'm really getting into the swing of it now. Finally understand all the basics of gathering resources, combining items, making armour and weapons, utilising the farm and ships and using items to buff. Love the way you spend half your time prepping for certain battles. Also beginning to learn what all the various skills and upgrade paths do and when to use them. Oh, and capturing monsters is pretty awesome. I've just made my first set of jaggi armour and I'm looking to upgrade my weapon next.

This game was worth buying a Wii U for, best game I've played since Dark Souls. I can't believe I've never played Monster Hunter before.

I've been playing with dual swords but I'm kinda debating trying something new. I've just got to the 3* quests. When is a good time to start dipping into multiplayer? How do I get HR ranks?

kinggroin

Banned
I'll be on around 8 p.m. go ahead and add me if you haven't already, I'm trying to build the same set.

NNID kinggroin

Hoodbury

Man, there aren't a lot of armor opportunities to get the skill crit draw. The first one I saw was Dioblos X. Does X mean high rank or G rank?

Hoodbury

Man I'm really getting into the swing of it now. Finally understand all the basics of gathering resources, combining items, making armour and weapons, utilising the farm and ships and using items to buff. Love the way you spend half your time prepping for certain battles. Also beginning to learn what all the various skills and upgrade paths do and when to use them. Oh, and capturing monsters is pretty awesome. I've just made my first set of jaggi armour and I'm looking to upgrade my weapon next.

This game was worth buying a Wii U for, best game I've played since Dark Souls. I can't believe I've never played Monster Hunter before.

I've been playing with dual swords but I'm kinda debating trying something new. I've just got to the 3* quests. When is a good time to start dipping into multiplayer? How do I get HR ranks?

Go online whenever you want, now would be a perfect time.

Kuntz

Can't identify charm table because all the sites are down.

I give up, let's play anyway !

Coming online for some starting quest on EU.

Rize_21

I'm ready to play tonight with EuroGAF if there's free slots :).
Cha-Cha and Kayamba are super cool and all,but they are nothing compared to real players!

Giolon

Why did Capcom limit the low level monsters to offline mode only? :(

I wanted to do my early grinding w/ friends, only to find out there are no Jaggi's, Wroggi's, etc. online. We had to all split to Solo mode :(

Hoodbury

Why did Capcom limit the low level monsters to offline mode only? :(

I wanted to do my early grinding w/ friends, only to find out there are no Jaggi's, Wroggi's, etc. online. We had to all split to Solo mode :(

What do you mean? HR 1 and HR 2 quests are low level monsters online.

Doorman

I love that I've been seeing sentiments along these lines more and more in this thread. Tri made me a believer, and now it seems that we're getting a whole new "generation" of people finding out what all the fuss is about. It's not a a game for everyone still, but seeing this click for people is awesome.

DaBoss

I love that I've been seeing sentiments along these lines more and more in this thread. Tri made me a believer, and now it seems that we're getting a whole new "generation" of people finding out what all the fuss is about. It's not a a game for everyone still, but seeing this click for people is awesome.

Also means more people understanding our avatars lol.

Mupod

Hey guys, I want to test out this NPC hunter stuff so can someone join my game in FP03 Lobby 9? (NA)

It's just called 'guild card'. All you need to do is send me your card.

DaBoss

now that I got a rathian plate, I'm having second thoughts. Is the rathian armor worth it?

What armor do you have now? Are the skills on the Rathian armor what you want? These are questions you should ask yourself before going for an armor set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom