• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that I got a rathian plate, I'm having second thoughts. Is the rathian armor worth it?

I am rocking rathian armor, mostly for looks. Not as good defensively as rathalos armor so you might want to spend a little bit to put some armor spheres if you are going to fight in HR3 quests. Gonna try to get pink rathian armor next.

Hattori

Banned
What armor do you have now? Are the skills on the Rathian armor what you want? These are questions you should ask yourself before going for an armor set.

I have a Wroggi and Barroth armor that I use most of the time, will that be enough for a while? (I'm about to engage Lagiacrus Urgent)

DaBoss

I have a Wroggi and Barroth armor that I use most of the time

Rathian is pretty much just after Barroth. It would seem like a waste of money and materials just looking at it from an armor-perspective. They have the same defenses I believe.

Go after some of the later monsters, like Lagiacrus, Rathalos, Uragaan, Agnaktor, and etc.

Haunted

Like the Hunting Horn, the Gunlance got buffed into an almost entirely different weapon in P3rd/3U. There weren't the breadth of combos and connecting moves it has now and you could only block-recharge.

Love it too, have the awesome DLC GL and I'm grinding lightcrystals for the Feloyshka :D
That's awesome, reading up on some of the earlier gunlance controls... I love all the changes they've done. It's versatile and useful and fun to play now.

Is Baron's Blazon the DLC gunlance? That's a good weapon, expensive though.

Hattori

Banned
Rathian is pretty much just after Barroth. It would seem like a waste of money and materials just looking at it from an armor-perspective. They have the same defenses I believe.

Go after some of the later monsters, like Lagiacrus, Rathalos, Uragaan, Agnaktor, and etc.

ah ok thanks boss

Raide

Finally made my first new Bow...the Wroggi Revolver I !

Royal Ludroth down, Barroth is next up. Bow still taking a big to get use to but much better now but I have some questions.

1) How do I coat the weapon? I have it and just cannot figure out the button combo. :D

2) Is it possible to slice tails with arrow shots?

Thank you to who ever dropped the knowledge of X+A+R on the switch axe. I wasn't even using the sword part much before this. Now that first slice swing is always my opening move.

blackflag

Really? I like the low rank Rathian, I always just over forge the crap out of it. I'll probably use it until G rank. Unless I'm just bored of it.

Kuntz

What the hell ?

I know I'm tired, but for the love of god I've explored all the multi and solo tavern/marina and can't find any way to join multiplayer rooms ...

What the hell am I doing wrong ?

Giolon

What do you mean? HR 1 and HR 2 quests are low level monsters online.

There are no G Jaggi's or G Wroggi's (in HR1) which quite a few of the low-level weapon upgrades require parts from. I needed G. Jaggi parts to upgrade my Hunter's Bow to Rank 2 & 3, and G Wroggi parts to build a Wroggi Revolver. My buddy needed G Jaggi parts to build his Rugged Great Sword. So we had to split and do a few hours of solo-play in order to get those before we could resume multiplayer. It was kind of shitty on Capcom's part.

Hiltz

The low rank Rathalos armor set has some nice armor skills thanks to Attack UP Medium and the convenient but luxurious Speed Sharpen skill. However, it comes with the negative Recovery Down armor skill, so you'll want to cancel that one out. There's also just 3 single armor slots available to use.

The high rank Rathalos armor set looks good, but you'd want to cancel out the negative Heath attribute. MH Wiki doesn't have the Rathian armor sets posted so I can't tell which armor skills it has and how many armor skill slots.

DaBoss

Really? I like the low rank Rathian, I always just over forge the crap out of it. I'll probably use it until G rank. Unless I'm just bored of it.

No I'm saying that since Hattori already has a Barroth set, and it would be pointless to make Rathian armor just strictly from an armor-perspective since it is is almost right after Barroth. It may have skills that someone would want and they should go for it, or they may have not made an armor set, in that case they should go for Rathian.

blackflag

The low rank Rathalos armor set has some nice armor skills thanks to Attack UP Medium and the convenient but luxurious Speed Sharpen skill. However, it comes with the negative Recovery Down armor skill, so you'll want to cancel that one out. There's also just 3 single armor slots available to use.

The high rank Rathalos armor set looks good, but you'd want to cancel out the negative Heath attribute. MH Wiki doesn't have the Rathian armor sets posted so I can't tell which armor skills it has and how many armor skill slots.

low rank Rathian gives Health up +20 and Rec Level. with 2 stones you can make health +50.

I believe negative was Rec speed but I just used a slot to get rid of it.

LTWheels

Defeated the Gobul with the Wild Axe. Essentially the weapon I've been using from the beginning of the game. Starting to find it a bit tough and the battles getting long. So I crafted the Assault Axe. Big damage increase. Re fought some previous monster and I'm cutting tails left, right and centre.

Still using the Jaggi Armour. Upgraded it to level 3. Not felt a need yet to craft better armour. Just cased off the Lagiacrus.

blackflag

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51471081]So we all agree that Hunting Horn is the best and most fun weapon, right?[/QUOTE]

All I know is I was in a group with another Gaffer and 2 people with Hunting horns last night and I never had to use any potions. It was crazy.

Hiltz

low rank Rathian gives Health up +20 and Rec Level. with 2 stones you can make health +50.

I believe negative was Rec speed but I just used a slot to get rid of it.

Oh, so that's what it has. For low-level players (particularly for newcomers) , it would probably be better to use Rathian's armor set then due to the health-related armor skills, but if you're skilled enough at the game, then Rathalo's would be better.

So the hunting horn's buffing abilty can effect teammates as well ? I didn't know that. :)

d0c_zaius

since I can't find anyones games to join (and no one joins mine), I've been just playing offline.

fun but disappointing.

anyone else a fresh HR2 and need a group? I'm usually in Beginners 10 in case any GAF people want to join.

blackflag

Oh, so that's what it has. For low-level players (particularly for newcomers) , it would probably be better to use Rathian's armor set then due to the health-related armor skills, but if you're skilled enough at the game, then Rathalo's would be better.

So the hunting horn's buffing abilty can effect teammates as well ? I didn't know that. :)

Yeah hunting horn is crazy.

Yeah I played several hundred hours of Tri but I still like to use it I guess I should give up the health for something else. Once I can get HGE skill I'll give it up for sure.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51471081]So we all agree that Hunting Horn is the best and most fun weapon, right?[/QUOTE]

I love it when HH users have stamina boosters.

blackflag

since I can't find anyones games to join (and no one joins mine), I've been just playing offline.

fun but disappointing.

anyone else a fresh HR2 and need a group? I'm usually in Beginners 10 in case any GAF people want to join.

Well, I will be home in a couple of hours and Just got to HR 2 last night. Will be a fresh start.

Hiltz

Yeah hunting horn is crazy.

Yeah I played several hundred hours of Tri but I still like to use it I guess I should give up the health for something else. Once I can get HGE skill I'll give it up for sure.

I'm sure you know that the health+ armor skill is kind of useless when you can just use the kitchen felyne food combinations to get things like extra health from before the start of every quest. However, it does come in handy early on since earning money is harder to come by. Of course, I don't have MH3U yet so I have no idea what changes Capcom has made to what food combination effects you can get now. In MH Tri, some of the best food combinations were eating two dairy items which gave you increased health and defense. For all I know, it's probably a bit different in MH3U.

Xater

This gunlance talk makes me curious to give it a shot but I am already really used to the long sword. Also already have a couple of them going with different elements.

Also had some great games with some fellow GAFers earlier. The hunting horn buffs can make quite a difference.

Mileena

Banned

they are the best just like BRD was in FFXI

It took a while, but it's worth it for the looks alone:

Full Bnahabara Set including the Arkulo Bow:

RCWEVu1.jpg

A bit on the weak side though, but as an archer, defense isn't really that important (yet)

Took me FOREVER. In retrospect, probably not worth it, but after spending all that time getting dumbass carpenterbugs and bug wings, I'm certainly happy with the way my character looks.

panda21

Is the rhenoplos armor worth making? I just did great jaggi in level 2.

Also is anyone playing online without mics? I cant get audio out of my Wii u so it wouldn't work for me, but the 8-4 guys were saying people want everyone to use them because the gamepad has a mic built in.

I want to play online but thats putting me off

Raide

Is it me or does the time for carving seem really reduced? If I kill a few monsters, the last is pretty much gone by the time I carve the first and second.

Doorman

Also is anyone playing online without mics? I cant get audio out of my Wii u so it wouldn't work for me, but the 8-4 guys were saying people want everyone to use them because the gamepad has a mic built in.

The game's still totally playable online without mics, you're given a pretty good set of quick (and customizable) "shout-outs" if there are particular things you're trying to convey while on a quest, elsewise you still have access to the Gamepad's virtual keyboard or you could use a USB keyboard and just type things out that way.

Out of curiosity though, what do you mean that you "can't get audio out?"

I never turn on my mic while playing online.

daxy

Managed to cap, not even kill, Brachydios with about 3 minutes left. On my first attempt I was close to timing out, but he killed me three times in the end. Beginning to think soloing everything on 3DS isn't as realistic as I had initially thought. I'm running Lagiacrus armor upgraded to 32 defense a piece and a Finblade (816 attack + 240 water). Time to upgrade? If so, anyone know a good a good armor set for greatswords I should upgrade to?

Perhaps Brachydios is just hard? Everything before this was a cakewalk.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I love it when HH users have stamina boosters.

I was playing with someone earlier that told me Hunting Horn was a "waste of time" after giving him unlimited stamina. ;_;

It is for Hammer users. It's very easy to find the parts to make it and negate Mud / Snow is very useful in the coming fights. For the Hammer specifically, it gives you the KO skill, which allows you to knock out monsters faster and once upgraded, it has the Fast Charge skill too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom