• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
argh this game. I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Running around Mogi Island looking for stuff. Is this what I'm supposed to be doing. Tried going online for a quest that wanted to take an hour but no one joined me so I abandoned it. I'm so confused. I want to really give this game a go, but this is not fun right now, especially when you have no idea what's going on.

Have you checked out the Guild Girl? She's hot and quite flirty.

...um, what I mean is, have you tried any actual quests? For Moga Forsest/Free Hunt you basically just use it to gather resources (be sure to stock up on Honey and Blue Mushrooms.) Otherwise, just go down the quest list, checking them off, and more stuff will unlock for you to do.

L Thammy

argh this game. I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Running around Mogi Island looking for stuff. Is this what I'm supposed to be doing. Tried going online for a quest that wanted to take an hour but no one joined me so I abandoned it. I'm so confused. I want to really give this game a go, but this is not fun right now, especially when you have no idea what's going on.

Read what the tutorial is telling you and look at your Quest Info when you're in the woods. You're very much in the tutorial section right now.

Yes! If you know your timing you can easily get at least a single ko per quest if you focus on the head alone. That said, in a group where monsters will be flinching and falling down more frequently the benefits diminish as you need to focus everywhere and not just one spot.

That's just my two cents - I wouldn't look down on anyone if they went with Punish Draw.

Hm, I'll mainly be using the GS solo, so I guess I'll at least try it out once it becomes available.

Last question. Does the Gatchaman tie in mean Bracchydios will be playable in TvC2?

Got through a bunch of monsters, working on capturing Laggy.

Duramboros - Very graceful, lol. Seeing his spin attack for the first time was amazing, until I got utterly crushed with it :p Took me 30 minutes to beat him... despite being really open (so much hammering) and telegraphing everything a lot, I had some trouble on my first time.

Nibelsnarf - Best name ever. Also has lots of openings, though likes to punish a lot too (like venting sand when you're behind him...). Not too bad.

Volvidon - Roll roll roll roll roll... he just wants a hug. This fight I had both Kayamba and Cha-Cha on distract mode, so it was a tiny bit harder having him bounce around the map concentrating on different targets.

Eusis

Nibelsnarf - Best name ever. Also has lots of openings, though likes to punish a lot too (like venting sand when you're behind him...). Not too bad.
Crazy how Nibelsnarf actually seems to have pretty decent looking gear. You'd think with that name it'd be dumb as hell, but nope!

Great hunts Hoodbury, Eusis and Stalker. Thanks so much for helping me get my Lagi Armour. Also, I knew I read something about server maintenance happening tonight.

ramyeon

Was anyone else blown away by (I guess spoilers for the last 2 star village quest) Sandy Plains
at night time. Damn. The shooting stars and views were awesome. And how it realistically became freezing cold instead of hot like at day time. So good, it's the small things haha.

Was anyone else blown away by (I guess spoilers for the last 2 star village quest) Sandy Plains
at night time. Damn. The shooting stars and views were awesome. And how it realistically became freezing cold instead of hot like at day time. So good, it's the small things haha.

Wait until you get to the volcano. That place was amazing the first time I saw it.

DaBoss

I don't really think anything is a spoiler in this game except for the end-game bosses for online and offline along with a certain sly devil you will meet in high-rank.

But yea, that did look really nice when I seen it in Tri.

ramyeon

I don't really think anything is a spoiler in this game except for the end-game bosses for online and offline along with a certain sly devil you will meet in high-rank.

But yea, that did look really nice when I seen it in Tri.
Haha yeah just a courtesy. It's the first time you see an environment change in the game and it was a nice surprise for me so I suspect it would be for others too :)

Eusis

Great hunts Hoodbury, Eusis and Stalker. Thanks so much for helping me get my Lagi Armour. Also, I knew I read something about server maintenance happening tonight.
Yeah, and fortunately we didn't get into anything too involved or anything. Just OH LOOK HOW BIG THAT MONSTER I-*disconnect*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hmm, R Luddy gave me the hardest time of any monster in Tri but he's total easy mode here. All his attacks do a piddly amount of damage and green sharpness makes him even more of a joke. Maybe I was just ill-equiped in Tri; people would talk about how hard Barroth was, but I took that guy down the first time. Luddy is where my pain really was.

Just got my 3DS today...just for MH3U!! My first Nintendo console!!

MH3U isn't my first foray into MH. I've played MH2F, MHFU, MHP3...clocked in over 400 hours in total. Besides the water combat in MH3U..what else do I need to take note of?

P/S the 3D effect is gorgeous in this game!

Brannon

Gots me a Barroth ribsword. Beat the flavor into my enemies! Though that -30 Affinity could be problematic if it goes all X-Com on me.

But then, it IS a ribsword...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gots me a Barroth ribsword. Beat the flavor into my enemies! Though that -30 Affinity could be problematic if it goes all X-Com on me.

But then, it IS a ribsword...

I want to make that so bad, it just looks so ridiculous.
KuGsj.gif

yami4ct

Ok, guys, I'm officially hooked. What an awesome game. Ended up playing like 5 hours straight today, mostly by accident. I just can't stop. Even grinding for pieces was fun.

Had a hell of a fight with Gobul today. Most of the problems were my own cause. It started out great. I was using a highly upgraded long sword, my main weapon, and a full set of Great Jagi armor gemmed up for Attack(M) and full Null Stun to counter Gobul's flash bang. It was going pretty well, I had just cut the tail and he was starting to limp. The problem? Totally forgot to restock my whetstones and I was down to almost no sharpness. I ended up dragging the fight out until he slept in area 8. Finally, after I woke him up, I got to mining the upper nodes. Luckily I got like three whetstones and took him out. All told, it was like 47 minutes of brutal fighting. If I wasn't so dumb, it would have been half as long but then it wouldn't have been as fun.

I really want to get more done in the single player before hopping online, but you guys can totally expect to see me fairly soon.

blackflag

Damn got booted during maintenance near the beginning of hr2 urgent but I finished it without dying. Captured both rathalos and rathian.

and got a rathalos plate for my troubles!!!!!!!!!

Arveene

Neo Member
The voice chat output comes out of the Gamepad speaker only. I actually wear ipod headphones (the new comfortable ones) connected to the Gamepad when I play, so I can hear people better.

Menu --> Online --> Chat settings --> Game Chat output type 2 will put voice chat on your speakers instead of the gamepad. It sounds a lot better to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait really? Awww fuck I'm three pieces in

Yup - I think it's aimed at support now. Maestro, Wind Res, Wide-Range. Used to be Def (S), Evasion +1, Recovery UP.

E: Protip to newbies! Check the armor skills before you begin your farming. I'm glad I did, because I used to rush a set of Qurupeco armor as a Lancer. Now, Jaggi + Attack jewels = best armor for me at the moment. Gotta love that attack up (M).

Yeah, and fortunately we didn't get into anything too involved or anything. Just OH LOOK HOW BIG THAT MONSTER I-*disconnect*

lol. I was probably talking to myself for a minute until I realized you guys disconnected. I really wanted to fight that thing after seeing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom