• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

How are the loadtimes in the Wii U version? Especially if digitally purchasing a copy.

Also, battery life on Gamepad vs. new Pro controller? Can you keep the Gamepad in the cradle for use simultaneously while you play on the Pro controller for the touchscreen benefits?

Also does the new Pro controller have rumble? Or is it like the Classic Pro from the Wii? (Just debating the benefits of buying the new Pro vs. using the Wii Classic Pro instead when I snag a Wii U)

On 3DS I had to disable the 3D from options and the local hunter wifi stuff in order to keep the system from not dying every two hours.

Load times even from disc are super fast. It's only couple of seconds at most.

Pro Controller has an way better battery life. According to Nintendo it is 80 hours. The Gamepad has like 4. And yes you can still use the Gamepad when you play with the Pro Controller.

Pro also has rumble.

Certain parts of armor sets aren't available in the forge. I'm able to make all parts of the Rathian armor except for the helmet, which isn't there. Do I need to find/do something to trigger it?

Septimius

How are the loadtimes in the Wii U version? Especially if digitally purchasing a copy.

Also, battery life on Gamepad vs. new Pro controller? Can you keep the Gamepad in the cradle for use simultaneously while you play on the Pro controller for the touchscreen benefits?

I digitally purchased it. First off, it took forever to download, an hour to install, and 40 minutes to upgrade. A combined time of probably 12 hours. At 3 MB/s, it could've been done in an hour. I thinkk 200-300 kB/s is max. This was not on launch-day, but two days ago. Definitely going to buy Lego Undercover on disc. Also, it hits stores tomorrow here, due to the holidays :D Anyway, load-times are great. From pressing the icon, you'll be able to play within 30 seconds. I know, because I timed it be able to get into table 10.

Anyway, I was really stoked for the gamepad integration. But it's not good. Why would I have camera-movement on the touch-screen when it's what my analogue already does? Why would I use special moves from there instead of just clicking +? I removed the map, too, because it's not eating up too much screen real estate with its transparency, and that way, I get better oriented when I don't have to look down. I like the hotbar, though. I wish I could discard items from the pouch-panel on the gamepad, but fuck if I can. Haven't really found any use for the gamepad as such. Anyone else care to weight in on how useful they're finding the gamepad? I know it's good for multiplayer with mic and headphones, and it supports headsets? I play with optical to a headphone amp from the TV, so I'd rather hear everything through the TV, and skip the probably mediocre at best headphone amp in the gamepad. Is that possible in multiplayer?

blackflag

I digitally purchased it. First off, it took forever to download, an hour to install, and 40 minutes to upgrade. A combined time of probably 12 hours. At 3 MB/s, it could've been done in an hour. I thinkk 200-300 kB/s is max. This was not on launch-day, but two days ago. Definitely going to buy Lego Undercover on disc. Also, it hits stores tomorrow here, due to the holidays :D Anyway, load-times are great. From pressing the icon, you'll be able to play within 30 seconds. I know, because I timed it be able to get into table 10.

Anyway, I was really stoked for the gamepad integration. But it's not good. Why would I have camera-movement on the touch-screen when it's what my analogue already does? Why would I use special moves from there instead of just clicking +? I removed the map, too, because it's not eating up too much screen real estate with its transparency, and that way, I get better oriented when I don't have to look down. I like the hotbar, though. I wish I could discard items from the pouch-panel on the gamepad, but fuck if I can. Haven't really found any use for the gamepad as such. Anyone else care to weight in on how useful they're finding the gamepad? I know it's good for multiplayer with mic and headphones, and it supports headsets? I play with optical to a headphone amp from the TV, so I'd rather hear everything through the TV, and skip the probably mediocre at best headphone amp in the gamepad. Is that possible in multiplayer?

Only voice chat comes through the game pad. I just use Iphone ear buds and it works fine.

Make sure you come prepared to a Rathalos fight! -_-; I had some dude come in there faint 3 times, because he apparently didn't bring potions and then just leave without saying a thing. Pretty sure it was a GAF poster too. I'll just take my chances with Cha-Cha and Kayamba if it's going to be like that.

nC0pPPL.jpg

Make sure you come prepared to a Rathalos fight! -_-; I had some dude come in there faint 3 times, because he apparently didn't bring potions and then just leave without saying a thing. Pretty sure it was a GAF poster too. I'll just take my chances with Cha-Cha and Kayamba if it's going to be like that.

Happened to me with a Lagiacrus fight earlier. And he was the one who wanted to go on it!
If you are still farming Rathalos let me know; I'm grinding for his plate.

Eusis

At least horn users can be useful in situations like they,t hey can just hang back and play music to buff the party and keep them buffed. Though sometimes we're just forgetful, I try to keep them fully stocke but sometimes I screw up.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Depends on what you want. You may very well upgrade your lowly bone/metal weapon to an elemental weapon or have enough materials to make a weapon negating the need upgrade from a starter weapon. Then you will start having a weapon's case full of weapons with different status and elemental properties tailored for whatever monster you are going to face on your next hunt.

Hm, I'm trying to race the Ice and Fire Dual Blades, but the MH Wiki doesn't have recipes for most weapons it seems, so I'm not sure what each component is going to need...

Also just completed my first armor set, Qurapeco. Feels good man

ace3skoot

I need 1 R.Ludroth claw, 4 hunts, everthing cut and broken not a single one, so i try capturing ...3 captures not even a single one...:/

muu

So they've renamed the NA servers. Is Andrex going to update the OP and tell us where everyone is supposed to hang out?

What's wrong with 03 Free C/Lobby 9? Hopped on there last night and no one seemed to be confused about the server name like some people in the thread seem to be. It's not like we're looking at Aptonoth/Brachydios/Caedeus/Dromboros servers or some other silly renaming scheme.

Ridley327

You can have voice chat come out of the TV (still use the gamepad mic). You can also plug in just headphones or a headset with mic.

Really? All the audio options I've rifled through don't seem to output the voice chat to anything but the pad, even the game audio output option that reads like it should.

Mileena

Banned
Man, I wish they didn't encourage full sets and set bonuses. I just wanna mix and match to be stylin like in Dark Souls. Everyone running around in sets is so vanilla.

Ridley327

Man, I wish they didn't encourage full sets and set bonuses. I just wanna mix and match to be stylin like in Dark Souls. Everyone running around in sets is so vanilla.

Sets all have their pluses and minuses, and it is certainly possible to get around having to wear a full set if you slot in some gems and/or use a charm that will enable the skills without having to wear every piece. It likely won't look all that great visually, but it's definitely possible.

ramyeon

Man I can never capture Qurupeco. It's always limping and even hungry but 3 tranqs won't do it. I'm always worried to attack too much and kill it.

Currently using Chainslaughterer and Jaggi Armor

I haven't fought any of the Tundra bosses yet, just wondering what LS's and armors I should be aiming for next

Also, what is the armor that makes you look like an EVA1, because I want that...

Happened to me with a Lagiacrus fight earlier. And he was the one who wanted to go on it!
If you are still farming Rathalos let me know; I'm grinding for his plate.

I do need a few more kills for the helm. Are you on now? Make a room and I'll go.

At least horn users can be useful in situations like they,t hey can just hang back and play music to buff the party and keep them buffed. Though sometimes we're just forgetful, I try to keep them fully stocke but sometimes I screw up.

I'm not really mad that he was [Illidan] not prepared [/Illidan], people forget things. What gets me is that he just left, leaving me alone with the monster, acting like he DCed, like I'm not going to figure out what happened. LOL

I went from making a mockery of Plesioth in the demo to having him giving me the run around in the village urgent, I barely escaped out alive.
I'm beginning to notice that while I really enjoy using the gunlance in local multiplayer it's not going so well in single player, might have to jump back to the hammer for a bit.

Though in a stroke of good fortune I couldn't be bothered to go the extra mile when grinding up a new armor set for high rank so I just whipped up some alloy armour, turns out I had a talisman that not only removes the negative ability but also spruces up one of the positive ones to plus 2, lovely, shame I look as generic as hell in it, combined with the standard Gunlance path i've been heading up I just feel so very plain but hey it matches at least.

Alex

I havent gotten to play at all lately, depressing! But things are finally clearing up, which is nice considering I've bought like four new games in the past month and have only had time for a couple chunks of MH.

smashism

How are the lobbies setup in this version? Is it like the wonky nerfed version in tri?

I remember the japanese version allowed for more players but the US/EU version was nerfed for wii speak.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So after killing the Ludroths, I got tasked to hunt Great Jaggi. Man that dude is such a push-over. I caught him in the infinite GS combo and he limped off before I chased him down and finished him off. Should I go back and finish the * quests now or keep pushing forward?

Raide

So after killing the Ludroths, I got tasked to hunt Great Jaggi. Man that dude is such a push-over. I caught him in the infinite GS combo and he limped off before I chased him down and finished him off. Should I go back and finish the * quests now or keep pushing forward?

Keep pushing forward!

DaBoss

Unless you're a completion-ist (like me), then I would say you should keep pushing forward to get to the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom