• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK Capcom needs to stop with their fetishization of menu screens.

YES I WANT TO DATA TRANSFER

YES I WANT TO PRESERVE EXTENDED DATA

YES I'M REALLY SURE

YES, STOP ASKING, JUST DO IT

And connecting to get DLC isn't much better. Have to press A like 8 times to get there. Should be a one button affair.

Last night I downed G. Wroggi, R. Ludroth and almost got Barroth (broke his horns twice it seemed like and he was limping for ages) but I got nailed at the end.

Running with a Ludroth Hammer and Jaggi set still but I'm hoping to upgrade my Ludroth into a Carapace hammer with a few Barroth kills. After that I might go back and knock off Wroggi a bunch of times as he was fairly easy and the set seems OK.

What low rank 3* armour set would you all recommend for hammers?

Patch for off-screen play went live for Japan yesterday, here are some pics!

BGUkxupCEAAXFhN.jpg:large

BGSuxF9CQAEgs8u.jpg:large

I'm pretty happy with the 3DS version and when monsters are introduced I'm legit impressed that the visuals are doable on the handheld but wow those Wii U screens are sharp.

Just started on this game yesterday. The 3D on this game is fuckin' gorgeous!

I'm not a newbie to the series, so I know what I am doing...but does anyone know where to find the list of key village quest so i can quickly advance to the next village quest star?

Don't worry about it :D Everyone was new at some point.

You will get quests to help NPC's and then they will join you. Fairly early on for the first.

I don't 100% know about the bow damage, other than if the arrow is falling, it does less damage. So point blank range should be fine. Make sure you at least lvl 1 charge, since a basic shot is 40% of damage. Someone will correct me if I get it wrong. :D
Hmm, thanks for the heads up so far! :) Will definitely try practicing more with the Bow, hopefully I'll get used to it...

ramyeon

Yeah, there is like a 120 second time limit on the reward screen. A holdover from the previous games, which I assume had it implemented to make sure that another player didn't hold up the group by sitting on the reward screen forever. Why it's still around for the single player quests I'm not sure, but should that happen again just remember that you can always pause the game when solo by pressing Home.
Ugh what a pain, yeah I should have just rushed to get the phone :/

Just killed Barroth on my first go, he was a pushover! Managed to cut his tail off as well. First tail carve was... Just a Barroth Ridge, which I got from carving his body anyway :/

Oh man, ChaCha's grill mask! Hahaha.

Just killed Barroth on my first go, he was a pushover! Managed to cut his tail off as well. First tail carve was... Just a Barroth Ridge, which I got from carving his body anyway :/

Been meaning to ask this for a while but when you "cut his tail off" does the tail literally come off the model and lay on the ground or does a spec fall on the ground and shine like it does when I've broken parts of a monster's face off?

ramyeon

Been meaning to ask this for a while but when you "cut his tail off" does the tail literally come off the model and lay on the ground or does a spec fall on the ground and shine like it does when I've broken parts of a monster's face off?
The tail literally comes up and you have to carve it.

Satch

Banned
I'm really shocked about how self conscious I am when playing online. I always feel like garbage when I feel like I'm not doing enough, even when I'm not carting. Like, I have roles as a Horn Bro, but it gets to be overwhelming trying to keep everyone buffed, getting KOs, and keeping myself alive.

No other game has made me feel bad about doing poorly except for this one, and I spend tons of time thinking "OH GOD WHAT IF THEY'RE MAD AT ME??? WHAT IF I'M NOT BUFFING ENOUGH??? WHAT IF THEY'RE LAUGHING AT ME BECAUSE THE GUNLANCE GUY GETS MORE BREAKS THAN I DO???"

I know that Horn Bro-ing should be fun but it's stressing me out to the point where I just want to drop the class altogether. I'm new to the series and still struggling to learn the monsters, so maybe I'll go back to being a Swaxguy until I can calm down or something.

ramyeon

Gobul is so damn hard. I can hardly get a hit in between spikes, disappearing and sucking me in. What's the best strategy for this? I'm all over the place :(

DaBoss

I'm really shocked about how self conscious I am when playing online. I always feel like garbage when I feel like I'm not doing enough, even when I'm not carting. Like, I have roles as a Horn Bro, but it gets to be overwhelming trying to keep everyone buffed, getting KOs, and keeping myself alive.

No other game has made me feel bad about doing poorly except for this one, and I spend tons of time thinking "OH GOD WHAT IF THEY'RE MAD AT ME??? WHAT IF I'M NOT BUFFING ENOUGH??? WHAT IF THEY'RE LAUGHING AT ME BECAUSE THE GUNLANCE GUY GETS MORE BREAKS THAN I DO???"

I know that Horn Bro-ing should be fun but it's stressing me out to the point where I just want to drop the class altogether. I'm new to the series and still struggling to learn the monsters, so maybe I'll go back to being a Swaxguy until I can calm down or something.

Try learning the monsters' movements more and then it would be easier.

Gobul is so damn hard. I can hardly get a hit in between spikes, disappearing and sucking me in. What's the best strategy for this? I'm all over the place :(

What weapon are you using? I generally stay above it closer to one side of it or below it and let my attacks loose.

Jawmuncher

So dumb question does the WiiU have cross game chat? More so that me and my buds can still chat while solo questing?

I could've sworn that was a feature for the WiiU

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Killed Gobul in less than 18 mins for the first time (since Tri.) So satisfying seeing him dead at the bottom of the lake. Rest in hell, beyotch.

Side not: Didn't use target camera at all... until this fight. REALLY comes in handy underwater.

Am I doing something wrong or are the hunt quests supposed to take 25 minutes the first time around? The first couple took about 10 now I'll feeling like I'm not dishing out enough damage. How is this supposed to work?

I've been using whatever I find in the supply crate so far

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a bow guide video anywhere? How do I make it rain arrows?
KuGsj.gif

Search YouTube for Monster Hunter pro Bow. Most videos that pop up show tactics on how to not suck.

Also, in the menu under hunter notes, there's a section titled weapons that details all the move sets for all the weapons.

Alright, any other newbs like me struggle with Qurupeco? First real challenge I've had so far. Had to redo it like 3 times :(

Sonic bombing him while he's doing his vocal attack(look for the colored wave effect) will give you some time to shank him. If he does that debuff on you, GET RID OF IT ASAP.

Doorman

Do the signal buttons in single player actually change your AI buddies behavior at all?

They can, depending on what masks you have them equipped with. Signalling them usually will get them to perform some sort of task related to their mask (fluffy mask will tell you large monster locations, lamp mask will light up, etc).

Anteo

So, I finished a harvest quest and suddenly a screen with some talismans that I could send to the box appeared, what triggered that?

Beats

When can you fight Sand Barioth in single player? I got to 8 star quests and I still can't fight it. I need them tusks.

And it doesn't seem like anyone is farming it online because whenever I search for it as a target no rooms come up. :(

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Woohoo, just repelled the Cadaceus, now able to do the high rank village quests.

Now need to start doing the HR quests... havent even finished HR 1 yet.

ramyeon

For any heavy bowgun users, I'm interested in forging an equipment set up for one as a side to my switch axe main. What's a good weapon tree to follow for this point? (Just started 4 star village quests) and what's a good armour setup to compliment? I have no idea about gunner weapons yet.

So I did the fish thing, took a long time (let it sit for about 10 minutes) and it returned:
GKAX1Xr.jpg

Does this mean it didn't have enough data to actually figure it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom