• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys know what Charm Table you're on? I use the fish site and it keeps returning an error. Is there another site or better way to know?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Patch for off-screen play went live for Japan yesterday, here are some pics!

BGUkxupCEAAXFhN.jpg:large

BGSuxF9CQAEgs8u.jpg:large

Hmm so... anyone got tips for someone wanting to go solo Bow? :( I'm pretty early on in the single player mode and I've been relying more on my melee attack to kill, which seems rather awkward. My shots sail over the monsters because they're all rather small, and I have to be pretty far off before the shots will drop enough to hit them.

Man I can never capture Qurupeco. It's always limping and even hungry but 3 tranqs won't do it. I'm always worried to attack too much and kill it.

if it's the sandy plains fight, keep him tagged with paintballs and when he limps off watch for him going to that lower cave area, that's his resting spot. Wait until the pink dot settles and stops moving before you go in- he should be asleep now and you can cap him easily. just watch out for melynxes trying to steal your shit while you're placing the trap.

if you have the Psychic skill (available at low rank in the Hunter's set) you'll see his icon on the map change from red to blue when he falls asleep.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So after killing the Ludroths, I got tasked to hunt Great Jaggi. Man that dude is such a push-over. I caught him in the infinite GS combo and he limped off before I chased him down and finished him off. Should I go back and finish the * quests now or keep pushing forward?

I always enjoy completing all the quest. It gives you more money, which you always need and usually gives you more resources too. You're by no means required to do them though, provided the next set of quests have opened up.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Finally got the charm table calculator to work, but it matches two tables based on the info I gave it ;_;

The good news is neither is a bad table, so I guess I can stop freaking out now >_>

Mutt

Neo Member
I need 1 R.Ludroth claw, 4 hunts, everthing cut and broken not a single one, so i try capturing ...3 captures not even a single one...:/

Welcome to Monster Hunter! It depends on how rare the drop is. I remember Freedom Unite and trying to get the Pale Bone from Khezu. I think you could only get it from a capture and it was a 2% drop. I wanted to comple the Khezu set that made your hunter look like Altair. I gave up after 20 tries and went for the Hermator set instead.

blackflag

So after killing the Ludroths, I got tasked to hunt Great Jaggi. Man that dude is such a push-over. I caught him in the infinite GS combo and he limped off before I chased him down and finished him off. Should I go back and finish the * quests now or keep pushing forward?

I always recommend pushing forward with just the key quests until you start having trouble. Then that's where you can stop and farm.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
if it's the sandy plains fight, keep him tagged with paintballs and when he limps off watch for him going to that lower cave area, that's his resting spot. Wait until the pink dot settles and stops moving before you go in- he should be asleep now and you can cap him easily. just watch out for melynxes trying to steal your shit while you're placing the trap.

if you have the Psychic skill (available at low rank in the Hunter's set) you'll see his icon on the map change from red to blue when he falls asleep.

So can you actually place a trap on top of a sleeping monster?

Im really amazed with MH3U. My first time jumping into the series and I see why its such a huge hit in JP. The graphics are fantastic even though the geometry is a little low in some aspect of the game. Its really a blast to play online and the voice chat is crystal clear. There so much to do with upgrading gear and weapons. Combat is all about thinking ahead and planning things right. It offers a real challenge with the BAM fights. Gives it that old school dark souls like challenge. More games these days need to start following suit with game difficulty.

I just hope that MH4 Wii U takes even more advantage of the hardware cause either way ill be there day 1!

Raide

Hmm so... anyone got tips for someone wanting to go solo Bow? :( I'm pretty early on in the single player mode and I've been relying more on my melee attack to kill, which seems rather awkward. My shots sail over the monsters because they're all rather small, and I have to be pretty far off before the shots will drop enough to hit them.

Don't forget to use the R Button to get your aim more accurate. Handy for things that at unable to attack you due to KO or if they are after Cha-Cha. Small stuff in a pain but if it is a moderate size, just shot them from close range.

Holding X + R will charge your bow, so depending on what bow you have, each charge level will increase in damage and can change what attack it is. During the charge press A to launch your air attack. It takes a while to get this down correctly but it can be brutal if you flinch a monster with it over and over.

With you bow out but standing still, you can press X + A to coat your weapon with whatever you have available and whatever the bow can use. Check your weapon status for a list of what you can and cannot use.

Finally got all the parts for the ancient mask, I still need to finish my Lagi set though. Looking forward to the Diablos and Rathalos fights, never made it far enough into Tri to see them. :)

That's even if MH4 U makes it to NA. It all depends on the sales for MH3U.

I was going post something like that but I wanted to stay positive. Hopefully it did sell well. From personal experience i had to go to 4 different stores cause they were sold out. So we will see.

Don't forget to use the R Button to get your aim more accurate. Handy for things that at unable to attack you due to KO or if they are after Cha-Cha. Small stuff in a pain but if it is a moderate size, just shot them from close range.

Holding X + R will charge your bow, so depending on what bow you have, each charge level will increase in damage and can change what attack it is. During the charge press A to launch your air attack. It takes a while to get this down correctly but it can be brutal if you flinch a monster with it over and over.

With you bow out but standing still, you can press X + A to coat your weapon with whatever you have available and whatever the bow can use. Check your weapon status for a list of what you can and cannot use.
Oh yeah that's right, I'm supposed to be able to hire NPC helpers... uh how do I hire them? :< Or is that something that automatically happens once I get far enough in the game?

Also from what I've been told I want to be able to hit enemies at the peak of the arc with my arrows for the best results, would hitting enemies at point blank be detrimental?

I am so new at this.

Effect

Great Jaggi is such a pushover. If I do it right I can beat him without having to really refill my health when using my long sword. Using a Arzuros Naginata. The arzuros was actually easy to beat as well. First upgraded from the starter long sword. Keeping it alive was actually tricky for one quest. Failed it because I hit him by mistake. Got him though. About to try and farm him now as I need more king frills. The hammer is best for that right or will the long sword work just as well to break the head?

DaBoss

Just faced Plesioth, fight only lasted 10 minutes. I was surprised by the sudden end. I got it in a Pitfall Trap, bombed it with 3 Large Barrel Bombs (2 and then 1) then started using my Red Tail (fire element lance) and it got killed. I was planning on capping it.

That's even if MH4U makes it to NA. It all depends on the sales for MH3U.

It seems to be hard to find in retail, so demand must have exceeded expectations. Hopefully the digital sales are good too. If it sold really well, then it's time to party!

Great Jaggi is such a push over. If I do it right I can beat him without having to really refill my health when using my long sword. Using a Arzuros Naginata. He was actually easy to beat as well. First upgraded from the starter long sword. Keeping alive was actually tricky for one quest. Failed it because I hit him by mistake. Got him though. About to try and farm him now as I need more king frills. The hammer is best for that right or will the long sword work just as well to break the head?

Hammer would be the fastest way, but any weapon can break the frill.

Im really amazed with MH3U. My first time jumping into the series and I see why its such a huge hit in JP.

That's what befuddles me when many focus on technical traits first when it comes to visuals.

I focus on character design and the imagination of those in charge of this aspect first and foremost when I think about the look of the game.

Sure, more assets could help but can you make something look great with less???

Yes.

Can you always make something look great with more???

No.

I think the game's graphics are really good.

Raide

Oh yeah that's right, I'm supposed to be able to hire NPC helpers... uh how do I hire them? :< Or is that something that automatically happens once I get far enough in the game?

Also from what I've been told I want to be able to hit enemies at the peak of the arc with my arrows for the best results, would hitting enemies at point blank be detrimental?

I am so new at this.

Don't worry about it :D Everyone was new at some point.

You will get quests to help NPC's and then they will join you. Fairly early on for the first.

I don't 100% know about the bow damage, other than if the arrow is falling, it does less damage. So point blank range should be fine. Make sure you at least lvl 1 charge, since a basic shot is 40% of damage. Someone will correct me if I get it wrong. :D

Mutt

Neo Member
I was going post something like that but I wanted to stay positive. Hopefully it did sell well. From personal experience i had to go to 4 different stores cause they were sold out. So we will see.

Played a lot of Freedom Unite on my PSP and had high hopes for Portable 3rd to make it here.

They really went out all out with MH3. Wii U and 3DS, off TV-play, local play between the 2 systems, online play with packet relay tool for the 3DS. Lots of bells and whistles.

I'm happy with both versions and will be busy for the rest of 2013.

Currently using Chainslaughterer and Jaggi Armor

I haven't fought any of the Tundra bosses yet, just wondering what LS's and armors I should be aiming for next

Also, what is the armor that makes you look like an EVA1, because I want that...

Okay well I got through the Tundra guys (the big bunny and the G Baggi) and now I have the urgent Lagi quest. Suggestions? (and suggestions for the earlier questions as well?)

pulsemyne

I have a really odd problem. I cannot get this to play online (wiiU version obviously). I go and talk to the cat, go to network, it tries to connect and fails to do so so I cannot see any lobbies etc. Now the DLC stuff works just fine and no other wiiu game has any problem getting online. I'm in the UK by the way.

bitoriginal

I have a really odd problem. I cannot get this to play online (wiiU version obviously). I go and talk to the cat, go to network, it tries to connect and fails to do so so I cannot see any lobbies etc. Now the DLC stuff works just fine and no other wiiu game has any problem getting online. I'm in the UK by the way.

Online servers have been down for maintenance most of the day.

yami4ct

Okay well I got through the Tundra guys (the big bunny and the G Baggi) and now I have the urgent Lagi quest. Suggestions? (and suggestions for the earlier questions as well?)

I just finished that one. Honestly, it's not that hard. It's just repelling him and he's weaker than the "real" fight. Just make sure you have your best armor and stocked up on items. Grab a fire weapon if you're able, if not it's not a huge deal. Just stay right up on him, watch for his tail whips and you're pretty much good to go.

ramyeon

Is there a time limit on the quest reward screen? I completed the capture the r Ludroth quest but got a phone call on that screen. When I came back it had changed to the hunter report:/ what happened to all my loot!?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man I loooooooove the music (MH main theme, flute version?) that plays during the data transfer. Really reminds me of Crystal Chronicles.

Doorman

Is there a time limit on the quest reward screen? I completed the capture the r Ludroth quest but got a phone call on that screen. When I came back it had changed to the hunter report:/ what happened to all my loot!?

Yeah, there is like a 120 second time limit on the reward screen. A holdover from the previous games, which I assume had it implemented to make sure that another player didn't hold up the group by sitting on the reward screen forever. Why it's still around for the single player quests I'm not sure, but should that happen again just remember that you can always pause the game when solo by pressing Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom