• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the online still down, Ceadeus had to take a beating. Good to see that the village is also greatly enhanced afterwards. (In fact, I might have had more fun with this game in singleplayer than online until now)

I suggest everyone's first high level quest there should be ,,Kill 10 Jaggies''. It's pretty cool.
dat Deviljho fucking up the great jaggy, holy shit :lol

Santiako

So I did the fish thing, took a long time (let it sit for about 10 minutes) and it returned:
GKAX1Xr.jpg

Does this mean it didn't have enough data to actually figure it out?

You entered the info wrong. You have to enter it like in the game..

Fish 1 Fish 2 Etc

Unicorn

So I did the fish thing, took a long time (let it sit for about 10 minutes) and it returned:
GKAX1Xr.jpg

Does this mean it didn't have enough data to actually figure it out?

you had multiple trips only yield 1 fish?

line it up horizontally and subsequent trips fill up the next lines vertically.

Also, what site is that table on? Looks different than the one I've been trying (unsuccessfully).

DaBoss

With the online still down, Ceadeus had to take a beating. Good to see that the village is also greatly enhanced afterwards. (In fact, I might have had more fun with this game in singleplayer than online until now)

I suggest everyone's first high level quest there should be ,,Kill 10 Jaggies''. It's pretty cool.
dat Deviljho fucking up the great jaggy, holy shit :lol

Haha yea. I was surprised it was in that quest. What a great introductory quest.

You entered the info wrong. You have to enter it like in the game..

Fish 1 Fish 2 Etc

you had multiple trips only yield 1 fish?

line it up horizontally and subsequent trips fill up the next lines vertically.

Also, what site is that table on? Looks different than the one I've been trying (unsuccessfully).

Oh shit! You're right, I entered them down instead of across.

Here's the link I used http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/index2.html

ace3skoot

okay confession time...back in tri i never beat ceadeus, i could play online i didn't bother to much with solo play, anyway so here I am on the 3ds version and i can't seem to beat him? the quest just insta failed after i was wailing on him for about 15 minutes?

cha cha has the ancient mask, is it suppose to give me oxygen somehow? if so how do i activate the skill?

i might of ran out of oxygen, but shoudln't i have just retuned to base camp, i hadn't died or anything?

is my ludroth cataclysm blade good enough? it has the highest raw i have? the only other weapon i have thats any good is the gigi HH

help please!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just started High Rank quest online. Pink Rathian was awesome. My teammate and I were basically within range of being two shotted the entire match. Much more akin to the difficulty we expect from Monster Hunter. So low, easy ass low rank.

Busaiku

Holy days, Barroth was absolutely pathetic.
The thing could barely touch me.

The mud thing wasn't even a factor at all either.

Even at this point, Qurupeco and Royal Ludroth are significantly better enemies.

L Thammy

I'm thinking of getting the Bradygames guide. Those of you who own it, what sort of things are in there? How useful has it been for you?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Holy days, Barroth was absolutely pathetic.
The thing could barely touch me.

The mud thing wasn't even a factor at all either.

Even at this point, Qurupeco and Royal Ludroth are significantly better enemies.

Barroth use to be the first real challenge. But his damage output as been scaled way back and he doesn't seem to have the stamina he once did. I hope he's an ass kicker again in High Rank.

So, I got back results by putting in my girlfriends (doing both of ours) and it came back all X's. She had 2x Shining and 2x Shushifish and put that across the top ... but it came back all X's. Is that possible?

Busaiku

Barroth use to be the first real challenge. But his damage output as been scaled way back and he doesn't seem to have the stamina he once did. I hope he's an ass kicker again in High Rank.

The thing is, it hit me twice at most.
I don't see the battle becoming any worse even if it has higher attack and health.

Maybe if it got some new moves or something.

Filth

So, I got back results by putting in my girlfriends (doing both of ours) and it came back all X's. She had 2x Shining and 2x Shushifish and put that across the top ... but it came back all X's. Is that possible?

i think your suppose to have like 6-8 diff types of fish you were suppose to give them an item to make the haul have more fish

nm ace2skoot has your answer lol

ace3skoot

I don't see the battle becoming any worse even if it has higher attack and health.

basically he used to charge a hell of alot more and his recovery animations was a lot faster, he was quite relentless and could hot much harder, he was never difficult but quite hard first time as he was such a step up, its a pretty steady difficulty curve in the new game, great for newbies a bit boring for vets.

Unicorn

dsah_zps65e8be80.png

I've been at this chart for DAYS and haven't been able to get through at all for results. using Index2 page and everything.

I just want to know if I'm cursed or not. Before I put more time in (currently at 20 hours).

Would some kind, lucky GAFfer help me out?

Beats

Tri was my first monster hunter and I thought Barroth was pretty easy there. Barioth and Rathalos gave me more trouble. He doesn't get much harder in high rank though in this one.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

More stamina means he just keeps charging and charging, non-stop. When you're new to the game, constantly having to dodge and not getting hits in was something neither Peco, or Luddy made you do. And when he did hit you, it would take half over three quarters of your HP with any of the armor sets you had available.

Tri was my first monster hunter and I thought Barroth was pretty easy there. Barioth and Rathalos gave me more trouble. He doesn't get much harder in high rank though in this one.

Well, you're all just bad asses, aren't you? :p

Busaiku

I do have to continuously dodge Roayl Ludroth though.
I can rarely stay close, cause it keeps knocking me down.

Qurupeco forced me to move around as well.

Barroth could charge all it wants, but it was never close to touching me beyond me being an idiot.
With this guy, I just stay under it, and it can't do a single thing.

I've been at this chart for DAYS and haven't been able to get through at all for results. using Index2 page and everything.

I just want to know if I'm cursed or not. Before I put more time in (currently at 20 hours).

Would some kind, lucky GAFfer help me out?

You just have to keep hitting refresh. That's the only way I'm getting through. About 10-15 tries and then it will take longer than normal and you just have to let it sit. I'm just doing it while playing/

And this is what I'm talking about: All X's shouldn't be possible I'd think?

Jawmuncher

Oh man the Great Sword is starting to show it's nonnoob friendliness.
Seriously I can rarely ever get hits in trying to bring it over head and a lot of time starting with a sweep just results in it bouncing off. Also why the hell are wings always blocking my weapon iff? Seriously that shit should be the weakest part of the creature. I'm sorry it's just getting really frustrating now.

Unicorn

You just have to keep hitting refresh. That's the only way I'm getting through. About 10-15 tries and then it will take longer than normal and you just have to let it sit. I'm just doing it while playing

That's what I've been doing... for 4 days now..

Also. You need at least two fishing trips so it can compare the first to something and thus begin eliminating.

ramyeon

For any heavy bowgun users, I'm interested in forging an equipment set up for one as a side to my switch axe main. What's a good weapon tree to follow for this point? (Just started 4 star village quests) and what's a good armour setup to compliment? I have no idea about gunner weapons yet.
Anyone?

ace3skoot

Seriously I can rarely ever get hits in trying to bring it over head and a lot of time starting with a sweep just results in it bouncing off. Also why the hell are wings always blocking my weapon iff? Seriously that shit should be the weakest part of the creature. I'm sorry it's just getting really frustrating now.

patients is key with the GS, learn the monsters moves, wait for an opening, don't get greedy, your weapons should be in its sheath 80% of the time, just concentrate on getting the charge hits in, only follow with a combo when you know its safe, and don't forget if you screw up you cna always block.

What mob are you fighting? It sounds like the Qurupeco. Each mob has different armor rating for different parts of the body. Some are more armored at the tail, some at the head, etc.

Try not to hit those armored parts...you do less damage and your weapon dulls easier (i.e. more time spent away from battle and using whetstone).

Jawmuncher

patients is key with the GS, learn the monsters moves, wait for an opening, don't get greedy, your weapons should be in its sheath 80% of the time, just concentrate on getting the charge hits in, only follow with a combo when you know its safe, and don't forget if you screw up you cna always block.

What mob are you fighting? It sounds like the Qurupeco. Each mob has different armor rating for different parts of the body. Some are more armored at the tail, some at the head, etc.

Try not to hit those armored parts...you do less damage and your weapon dulls easier (i.e. more time spent away from battle and using whetstone).

Yeah I guess it's just me getting greedy.
I've definitely been more for going in and just trying to wreck some shit rather than timing a opening and charging a hit. Though I do sheath a lot at least to move around. On the SP I am at the moment on Qurupeco. He's not to bad but going for a hit and suddenly hitting the wing is just so disheartening. I'll definitely be going for a round 2 soon, also I'm not going to lie I forgot that GS can block. For some reason was thinking I couldnt.

Fewr

I can't seem to find a save delete/copy option.
Am I just really stupid?
There isn't any, or I haven't found it either. To delete ALL the save files go to the game's options menu, then press and hold L + R + X; a message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete ALL SAVE FILES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom