• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemy

I thought there was a way to do local multiplayer with the Wii U and 3DS versions, is there something I'm missing? Both of us entered the multiplayer tavern, but we're not seeing each other. A bit funky.

Ah, I think the table may return X's if it lags or w/e. Just got results back for 2 trips and it's either 3,4,5,6, or 10.

FYI, just keep at it. You need to use the correct site too as the original I think is blocked:

http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/index2.html

And to reiterate, go across, not down for your hauls.

Jawmuncher

I thought there was a way to do local multiplayer with the Wii U and 3DS versions, is there something I'm missing? Both of us entered the multiplayer tavern, but we're not seeing each other. A bit funky.

I believe the Wii U needs to be in a mult and the 3DS needs to be in solo.
The 3DS just needs to press hunter search and join the wii U. Or something like that.

Alchemy

Wii U player has to host.

What exactly does this mean? There is no "host", there is just a multiplayer tavern. Do both players enter that and only one person hits the gong?

EDIT:
Found it, had to do the "Friend Search" thing from Moga Village. Weird that it wasn't in the offline tavern/marina area.

Unicorn

Question: how many towns and villages are there? And is there some fun NPC interactions and distractions?

2 towns (solo and multiplayer) they are mainly just hubs to prep before hunts.

NPC interaction is mainly just flavor commentary and fulfilling a role (shop, farm, etc.)

Man, you seem to be a lot luckier than me. Mind plugging my stuff in for me? pleeeeasse haha

Looks like you're 14:

u1oQ6zc.jpg

Man, I drain my XL battery so quick. This game. :|
That's why you leave it plugged in all the time!
I've been doing the same thing. :|

So I found plenty of Lagiacrus scales when I didn't really need them, but one villager request and 2 armor pieces later, I can't find any. It wouldn't be so bad if Lagi would just get out of the water more, he's way easy on land.

Beats

after farming tundra for an hour, it seems they have taking stormsender seeds out of the game. blegh.

Just cultivate Godbugs and sell them. They seem expensive to farm, but it's pretty easy to get the points if you kill Uragaan and convert the lava nuggets to resource points. You get 1200 per lava nugget and I usually get 4 per run.

arrrg got kicked from my 2 barroth hunt with "Server undergoing maintenance"! Nintendoooo!! Capcpom!!!!!! So close to my urgent too. I assume I wasn't the only one kicked off?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did the servers just go down?

Well anyways, thanks everyone who joined me tonight. I tried finishing up that Barioth but it was a little Baggi that dealt the final blow.
KuGsj.gif

Are you trying to get more cash? Just cultivate Godbugs and sell them. They're expensive to farm but it's pretty easy to get the points if you kill Uragaan and convert the lava nuggets to resource points. You get 1200 per lava nugget and I usually get 4 per run.

Ya, but it seems nullberries aren't too bad for those low on resource.

WOW, i am an idiot. Apparently, i think i've been selling my talisman. Typically, i get them when I get a special item on a quest and then you get that special quest item box. Well, i'd highlight them by selecting "send item" and then hitting "sell items" because there was no other option to exit the screen after hitting 'send item'. Unless i'm wrong, i've been selling them, haven't I?

Did the servers just go down?

Well anyways, thanks everyone who joined me tonight. I tried finishing up that Barioth but it was a little Baggi that dealt the final blow.
KuGsj.gif

Oh no! Sorry about not unfreezing you that first time.

I'll be on tomorrow trying to get to HR3. Done for now, though!

Cheers for the heads up. Do I let it run until it hits an error screen and then F5? Or just spam Send?

I have been hitting send, waiting, it will error out (usually within 30-60 seconds), hit back, send again, repeat. If it starts 'hanging' for a while (up to 10-13 minutes it seems) it most likely will go through. All the times I've had it go through have been where it stalls for a long time but doesn't actually show me the 'time out' screen.

Busaiku

So about the Sharpness...
I noticed that while 2 weapons might have the same amount of bar, 1 weapon might have some different colors (like a little bit of green), while the other is different (like it has a lot of yellow).

What does that mean?

B-Dex

I noticed that while 2 weapons might have the same amount of bar, 1 weapon might have some different colors (like a little bit of green), while the other is different (like it has a lot of yellow).

What does that mean?

How long it lasts at that sharpness.

It booted me after I clicked launch but before the loading screen so it just kicked me back. Was fun hunting with you guys.

Great hunts tonight(I'm Jason on MH). I abandoned the quest thinking I was the only one who got disconnected. Guess it can be taken as a sign from the Capgods above that I need to get to sleep.

Yeah, I had a blast. Very successful!

We'll have to hunt again soon sometime!

Vibed

What does that mean?

The higher the sharpness color, the stronger and more effective the weapon. For example, only a weapon with green sharpness (as opposed to yellow) can attack certain parts of a Quropeco without bouncing off. The size of the color's section denotes how durable it is and how long that level of sharpness will hold.

i haven't got the game yet :(

i am part of the problem for wii u.

will try to buy at toys r us(if its in stock, smh if its out of stock) since its buy 1 get 1 40% off

B-Dex

Also if anyone hasn't bought it yet and is in Canada: Buy both wii u and 3ds versions at ebgames/gamestop and get 20$ off the 3ds version.

This is what I was told anyways. Lasts until the 29th. Since I only bought the Wii U version the guy said I could come back and get the discount if I bring my receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom