• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Any Suggestions on a good Armor Set for a user of Bows is? Just for kicks and looks, I'm using Wroggi armor, and while I enjoy the lack of poisoning, it doesn't do too much else for me.

Kinda wondering this myself. Not really sure what skills are useful, since a good few of them are more Bowgun skills. I am not sure if Reload Speed helps speed up coating but I am just going with anything with Attack Up for the moment. I hope there is something to lower Stamina Drain, which would be super useful for Bow users.

SupaNaab

My best advice to newcomers to the series is just be a team player, and people will love playing with you.

Seriously. I made a Quru Horn just so I could play as a healer on fights. I spent a lot of time during the early missions just whiffing swings to heal the team. I doubt its viable in the later missions but early hunter ranks people adore it.

Ken

Going Conqueror Seal farming in maybe 30-45 minutes if anyone wants to join. G rank NA.

G rank 1, lobby 1, conq seals! (i'm lonely ;_;)

Kinda wondering this myself. Not really sure what skills are useful, since a good few of them are more Bowgun skills. I am not sure if Reload Speed helps speed up coating but I am just going with anything with Attack Up for the moment. I hope there is something to lower Stamina Drain, which would be super useful for Bow users.

I believe Marathon Runner lowers stamina drain on anything charging.

STAMINA DEPLETION FOR ACTIONS THAT CONTINUOUSLY DRAIN STAMINA IS DECREASED BY 50%.

Reload speed does affect bow coatings. Rank 3 applies bow coatings instantly. A whopping 20 points though.

Man, the "single player" component in Moga Village is really easy so far. I'm up to Level 3 and I haven't even come close to failing once other than one time with trying to capture Azuroth.

But the game is also still introducing mechanics, which is insane, so I expect the game to get WAY more challenging once it stops with all of the tutorials and proceeds to throw everything at me, hahaha.

Exactly how much like Dragon's Dogma is this game? Both are Capcom obviously, and both are 3rd person action where you slay Dragon's and big monsters. Is this where the similarities end? Can you not scale the monsters like DD?

Ken

How exactly can I raise my HR online? Does it raise when I finish already completed quests again?

Have to complete all the key quests in a tier. Check a wiki or guide for which ones are key. Once you've done that completing an urgent quest that you host will move you to next HR.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Have to complete all the key quests in a tier. Check a wiki or guide for which ones are key. Once you've done that completing an urgent quest that you host will move you to next HR.

So it's basically like the offline quests then. Alright, thanks.

Nohar

Like Ken said, Marathon Runner helps a lot when playing bow. You can unlock it with the Ludroth. R armor (the High Rank one, and probably the Low Rank one too).

Prade

Skipped around. Is it just teaching how to use the fleet and crowns?

Farm Mulberrries and sell em, send your fleet to treasure hunting spots and sell off eggs and combined crowns. If you need resource points, fight Uragaan and convert Lava Nuggets(top comment says so), and just check on the farm every now and then when you're online by talking to Neko. If dung is needed, buy it from the old lady at the Port whenever she's selling em. Make sure to buy a couple of hundred too.

Holyshit it just worked.

5 AM EST
Chrome - http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/index2.html

1hNqjug.png

I used this video HERE
I played the video and I followed his exact same actions as the video played. Using his stopwatch timer in the video I was able to successfully mimic him and create a Table 10 character.

Can you write in English what your hauls were? I'm still not getting through, but in the off chance I have a similiar haul to you, it would provide some peace of mind :)

Forkball

I caved and got this. Now to wait for the crippling slow Wii U download. Any tips for a beginner? I've never played a Monster Hunter before.

Thanks to those who have added me. Haven't been able to play yet as my wrist is out of action but hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to join you guys.

Madouu

I caved and got this. Now to wait for the crippling slow Wii U download. Any tips for a beginner? I've never played a Monster Hunter before.

Take it easy, don't button mash :p Enjoy the game and try out all the different weapons to see which one you're the most comfortable with.

Ken

Farm Mulberrries and sell em, send your fleet to treasure hunting spots and sell off eggs and combined crowns. If you need resource points, fight Uragaan and convert Lava Nuggets(top comment says so), and just check on the farm every now and then when you're online by talking to Neko. If dung is needed, buy it from the old lady at the Port whenever she's selling em. Make sure to buy a couple of hundred too.

Ah, okay. Nothing new.

The site to check for charm tables still isn't working for me, but there's an alternative to this now, thought I give a heads-up, if you guys don't already know about it.
You can download a small programm here, that should give you results too.

Apparently I'm T3? I went for 10, so that didn't work out. I spent over 20 hours on the game already, so no way I'm re-rolling. I'm happy as long as I'm not on a cursed table, I suppose.

Mafro

The site to check for charm tables still isn't working for me, but there's an alternative to this now, thought I give a heads-up, if you guys don't already know about it.

Apparently I'm T3? I went for 10, so that didn't work out. I spent over 20 hours on the game already, so no way I'm re-rolling. I'm happy as long as I'm not on a cursed table, I suppose.
Thanks for this, I couldn't get those websites to work at all. Looks like I've got T10.

Prade

Gather everything, stick to 1-3 weapons at first(I recommend Dual Swords, Switch Axe and Hammer) and just try and soak in as much as you can in. Each of those weapons can fill every role for a hunter. DS's for DPS, Swax's for cutting tails, and the Hammer for busting heads and KO's. They're also not as hard to learn as other weapons. The game is a lot more complex than one would think when first picking it up. There's been a couple of videos posted throughout the thread that are intended for newcomers:

Beginner's Guide
Free Money Guide

If you ever need anything, you can just pop in the thread and ask.

Table 6 for me. Was going for 10. Dammit.

It keeps bugging out when I put my one haul's "Sushifish x3" in slot 6, but leaving that out and crossing it with my other 4 hauls puts me on table 8.

Rock.

Yeh, one of the hauls bugged out for me as well, but the others are a clear table 3, so it's pretty clear in my case.

A shame the program wasn't there sooner, I might have considered starting a new character at the beginning to get to table 10. Now that I'm 20 hours in, I don't think that's going to happen. Plus, after looking up some of the charms, I really don't see too much of a problem. There's enough decent charms to keep me going I think, and the godly charms usually don't drop for me anyway. Played 300(400?)+ hours of Tri, never got anything too interesting.

Do the fishing hauls have to show up on different days for it to work? I had 2 boats arrive at the same time; using those results, the calculator is telling me I'm on Table 5

ramyeon

Try one without using any items (or only the one that reduces time).
Oh okay, I don't know if it matters which ship it is so I tried with all of them.

(Cap'n)

Popfish x5
Sushifish x3
Whetfish x6
Popfish x5

(Red)

Sleepyfish x2
Sleepyfish x2
Popfish x5
Pin Tuna x2

(Black)

Pin Tuna x2
Popfish x4
Humspub Conch x1
Shining Starfish x1

Earlier I had found a really nice weapon gallery for 3 Ultimate, it had literally every weapon from the Japanese version. Now I can't find it. I thought it was linked on GAF at once point. The weapon pics were pretty small but it was still nice to have. Can anyone help?

Xater

I am on Table 6 which apparently is good for melee characters so I think I am good. Was aiming for 10 but I think I can live with it.

Xater

What resolution does this game run at? Looks surprisingly crisp, like 1080p crisp.

That's because it runs at 1080p.

Also apparently table 6 is good for Great Swords and I have actually been thinking about trying to get into that weapon....

Apparently I'm T6. Not bad, and good for GS I've heard. Too bad I've been favoring Hammer. Maybe I'll play around with GS to see how it is.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What are some useful links that would help everyone?

I think YouTube links to weapon tutorials as well as YouTube links to pro users of weapons would really help. Seeing how a weapon works in action really makes things much easier to wrap your head around, or at least it does for me.

Also, that video about making money using the Kelbi Horn method as well as some gathering tips would be good.

Unrelated to that, I decided to free-hunt a Qurupeco last night. Fuuuuuuuuck that. He runs away too much. Like, way too much.

ace3skoot

okay confession time...back in tri i never beat ceadeus, i could play online i didn't bother to much with solo play, anyway so here I am on the 3ds version and i can't seem to beat him? the quest just insta failed after i was wailing on him for about 15 minutes?

cha cha has the ancient mask, is it suppose to give me oxygen somehow? if so how do i activate the skill?

i might of ran out of oxygen, but shoudln't i have just retuned to base camp, i hadn't died or anything?

is my ludroth cataclysm blade good enough? it has the highest raw i have? the only other weapon i have thats any good is the gigi HH

help please!

any help please, i help lots of you :(

Mupod

You know you play too much Monster Hunter when you dream that you're playing it.

I came up with some new ideas for armor sets like that

You're not doing enough damage so he's just taking off instead of sticking around for phase 2. Aim for the beard, or come back when you've got a better weapon. Use bombs wisely!

If you're running out of air you can make air philters and such out of airweed and...something. It gives you some oxy supplies in the box too. If you signal chacha with the ancient mask on he'll generate some air bubbles but there's lots in the environment too.

Rize_21

Did you use the dragonator?it can be used two times in this quest,be sure to activate it at the right moment(when the Ceadeus is right in front of the tips),and it should seal it for good.
Edit: to use the oxygen of Chacha's mask,use the signal with his face on your bottom screen.

Ohnonono

Have been chilling at 3 star village quests to get armor and weapons for bow, gunlance, and hammer all caught up. Movin' on tonight so I can get to Lagi and farm him for his rad looking weapons and armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom