• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondriaan

You're just gonna have to bear with it. Keep up the constant attack on the monster and just ignore the little jaggis and ludroth. The Rheno's are a problem for every class lol.

If you're playing using your headphones (and honestly, there's no good reason that anyone isn't piping all the audio to the gamepad and using the headphones jack on the game pad) you will hear the rhenos coming and you'll know exactly where they're coming from, even if you can't see them.

They always scream before they charge and have a noisy trot, so they're not much different from bullfango other than bullfango charged way more often, at least in the older games.

explodet

Qurupeco has always been annoying. But fighting his Crimson cousin takes it to another level.
Especially when he calls in you-know-who all the frickin' time.

Fistwell

Hey, Gegz, I guess I got disconnected? Sorry! Anyways, ended up getting a ruby on shiny drop. Muhuahahhaha!! :D

Need to head out for an hour-ish, will be back online then.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Does anyone knows how to get aqua sac? I though I could get it from Royal Ludroth but didn't get any so far and I've been hunting him all day, maybe I'm just having a really bad luck. What gives the better chances killing him or capturing ?

My handy guide sez...

Royal Ludroth: 10% carve from body, 25% reward for capture
Purple Ludroth: 10% reward for capture (x2), 8% reward from free hunt (x2)

ultron87

It makes me somewhat uncomfortable that the notion of capturing is that you take them back to the village to carve up way more efficiently.

ace3skoot

okay thanks for the tips peeps, i think i'm going to ditch the GS for now and make a thunder lance or maybe the lagia HH, i think maybe i'm a bit sluggish with the swimming and sheithing and unsheathing is making me rather slow.

Mondriaan

It makes me somewhat uncomfortable that the notion of capturing is that you take them back to the village to carve up way more efficiently.

Would it make you feel better if some of these monsters are tossed into a gladiatorial style arena to fight to the death?

while that's a great suggestion, i really don't want to download and install something for this one occasion.

It is possible to just make an account and upload from the web, and honestly you'll find a lot more things to use it with. I installed it thinking "OH THIS ONE TIME" myself but now I use it daily.

Would anyone want to group up with me to kill Gigginox 10 times to get his armor in say, Iunno an hour? I suck at solo killing him, and don't even have his mission in Single, so any help would be wonderful.

Satch

Banned
Yep, its great if you need pelagicite ores. Do you know about the ones in the Sandy Plains and Deserted Island?

i knew about the one on Deserted Island, but not the Sandy Plains shortcut

i'm going to have to check that one out

also i have to say that the duramboros fight totally lived up to the hype

he was incredibly fun

Haunted

I have so little luck with Lightcrystal farming, didn't know about the Bloodstone quest. Is it a guaranteed reward? Going to try that next.

Here is a simple weakness list for all monsters. Not perfect but does it job.
Of course there are some major SPOILERS in there.

.ods
http://dfiles.eu/files/3ekl4q1kr

.xls
http://dfiles.eu/files/bhn5q3p3y

edit:

hmm... i think that site is shit. where to upload?!
It's good enough! Thanks for doing the work. :)

If you're still looking for upload options, google docs or dropbox or mediafire are all solid hosters.

Santiako

I just had my mind fucking blown. I repeled Ceadeus and thought I was finished with the Moga Village part, and not one but five new tiers of missions appear and by the looks of it there is another category of missions after that. GOD DAMN THIS GAME IS ENDLESS :D

You need to break the beard in order to move on to the final area. Concentrate on that area as much as possible.

You'll know you've caused enough damage when the Cadaceus starts to suddenly swim like crazy for the end of the area and completely ignore you.

That seems unintuitive. Do they tell you to do that? Why would you want to do that?

Ohnonono

I just had my mind fucking blown. I repeled Ceadeus and thought I was finished with the Moga Village part, and not one but five new tiers of missions appear and by the looks of it there is another category of missions after that. GOD DAMN THIS GAME IS ENDLESS :D

I think most people (not all certainly) run out of steam playing before the game runs out of content.

Mupod

That seems unintuitive. Do they tell you to do that? Why would you want to do that?

You don't specifically need to break the beard, you just need to do enough damage. But it's a good guideline to follow, since that's his weak point and it's easy to hit during that phase.

You mean you get additional quest tiers in the Village (SP) after you beat the five-star stuff? Man I have put about 20 hours in and just barely started. I just got to the 3-star stuff and barely touched the Tavern quests. When people say 100 hours is nothing in this game they aren't joking.

Santiako

You mean you get additional quest tiers in the Village (SP) after you beat the five-star stuff? Man I have put about 20 hours in and just barely started. I just got to the 3-star stuff and barely touched the Tavern quests. When people say 100 hours is nothing in this game they aren't joking.

Yes, I cleared the 5 stars quests in Moga and the 6,7,8,9, and 10 stars tiers opened O.O I'm 33 hours in and barely scratching the surface.

Mupod

You've got:

Low rank village
High rank village (some new monsters/subspecies, harder, new armor/weapons). Also unlocks night time free hunting with high rank monsters.

Low rank port (HP values tuned a bit higher for multiplayer, but soloable)
High rank port
G-rank port (More new monsters, whole new tier of weapons/equipment that look different, MUCH harder)

And then event quests and training/arena quests with special rewards.

ha! thanks, wonderful! less work for me! Enjoy

How did you arrive at these by the way? The wiki shows some very specific weakness data for each body part. Technically many monsters are weak to a lot of elements, they're just in the 5/10 range of effectiveness instead of 20/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom