• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Any other gunlance users out there that like to make use of the charged shell shots? I'm not sure whether it's actually a worthwhile power trade-off for the time and sharpness it takes up, but landing those hits feels very satisfying and makes for a nice little finisher for short combos. I definitely prefer peppering charged shots into a fight more often than risking going through the whole downward slam and burst fire.

I guess that's part of why I like the GL as a class, it feels like there's a lot of diversity in styles of using it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I need brilliant and vivid fluid. How/Where do I get those?

Guide sez:

Brilliant Fluid
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Body Carve (12%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Tears - Fish Out of Sand (20%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Break Gills (65%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Capture Reward (20%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Free Hunt Reward (22%)
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Break Gills (5%) x2
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Tears - Fish Out of Sand (5%)
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Capture Reward (5%) x2
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Free Hunt Reward (8%) x2

Vivid Fluid
Nibelsnarf Low Rank: Body Carve (15%)
Nibelsnarf Low Rank: Break Gills (70%)
Nibelsnarf Low Rank: Capture Reward (25%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Break Gills (5%) x2
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Tears - Fish Out of Sand (5%)

Prade

Any other gunlance users out there that like to make use of the charged shell shots? I'm not sure whether it's actually a worthwhile power trade-off for the time and sharpness it takes up, but landing those hits feels very satisfying and makes for a nice little finisher for short combos. I definitely prefer peppering charged shots into a fight more often than risking going through the whole downward slam and burst fire.

I guess that's part of why I like the GL as a class, it feels like there's a lot of diversity in styles of using it.

I think you're doing it right.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex can you tell me the drop rate of uragaan pallium? Thank you.

Uragaan Pallium
Uragaan G Rank: Tail Carve (2%)
Uragaan G Rank: Tears - Attack While Eating (2%)
Uragaan G Rank: Capture Reward (2%)
Uragaan G Rank: Break Jaw (3%)
Uragaan G Rank: Free Hunt Reward (3%)
Steel Uragaan G Rank: Tail Carve (3%)
Steel Uragaan G Rank: Tears - Attack While Eating (3%)
Steel Uragaan G Rank: Capture Reward (3%)
Steel Uragaan G Rank: Break Jaw (4%)
Steel Uragaan G Rank: Free Hunt Reward (4%)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As much as I appreciate online in MH, I've found that it makes people over confident and think that they can handle things they definitely cannot. Is that the case with 3U so far? Solo hunting has always been, to me, the true test of skill...But I am curious how the online community is thus far.

Table 2 is just the short straw of the good ones.

I don't have a function map, the map on the gamepad and on the tv w/ hdmi is too damn small.

Giolon

Fuck this game. Captured 5 Rathians last night, 2 of my co-hunters came away with 4-6 Rathian plates each (multiple drops per cap, WTF)

Guess how many I got?

FUCK ME!

Xater

Guide sez:

Brilliant Fluid
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Body Carve (12%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Tears - Fish Out of Sand (20%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Break Gills (65%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Capture Reward (20%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Free Hunt Reward (22%)
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Break Gills (5%) x2
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Tears - Fish Out of Sand (5%)
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Capture Reward (5%) x2
Nibelsnarf G Rank: Free Hunt Reward (8%) x2

Vivid Fluid
Nibelsnarf Low Rank: Body Carve (15%)
Nibelsnarf Low Rank: Break Gills (70%)
Nibelsnarf Low Rank: Capture Reward (25%)
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Break Gills (5%) x2
Nibelsnarf High Rank: Tears - Fish Out of Sand (5%)

Thanks!

That means mor Nibbelsnarf after the dinner break. You hear the weird, Selen and Gegz? ;)

Morokh

Well I'll try my luck with a new female character to see what I end up getting, wanted to make one at some point cause I really like the look of some armors :p

Doorman

I think you're doing it right.
I wasn't bringing it up so much as a matter of right or wrong, just curious to hear about people's different styles as far as which moves they rely on. After not really "getting" the upward swings for a while, I find myself working them into combos a lot now.

burgerdog

Reached HR4 last night and I have a few questions: is his armor worth making and should I keep using a LS? I really like feel of it, but I don't want to hold groups back if LS are considered weak. What say you, gaf?

Marbles

Where can I find Super-sized dung? I'm 22hours in and haven't found any so far. I only need 1 to raise my farming level.

Also...I just figured out my charm table and on the plus side, it's not cursed, but it is table 5 which would appear to be one of the worst ones available (seems to have the lowest amount of unique charms). Ahh well, too late to restart now. Upwards and onwards!

panda21

oh wow i just played my first online matches

it was so good! querpecko got dealt with and this giant bear appeared and we had to chase it all over the map and wowowowowowow

wondering, when you accidentally hit another player does it damage their health?

Mupod

Where can I find Super-sized dung? I'm 22hours in and haven't found any so far. I only need 1 to raise my farming level.

Also...I just figured out my charm table and on the plus side, it's not cursed, but it is table 5 which would appear to be one of the worst ones available (seems to have the lowest amount of unique charms). Ahh well, too late to restart now. Upwards and onwards!

Check the moga forecast for herbivore breeding, then go into free hunt and kill a really big Aptonoth. The grey dinosaur things.

edit: for clarification, the super sized dung will show up in the hunt report.

it was so good! querpecko got dealt with and this giant bear appeared and we had to chase it all over the map and wowowowowowow

wondering, when you accidentally hit another player does it damage their health?

No, but it interrupts their attacks or can even send them flying. So be careful, especially with things like pellet shot on bowguns, longsword spirit combo, hammer super pound and greatsword upswing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Nope.

Hoodbury

Reached HR4 last night and I have a few questions: is his armor worth making and should I keep using a LS? I really like feel of it, but I don't want to hold groups back if LS are considered weak. What say you, gaf?

Is who's armor worth making? You left out an important detail, heh.

LS isn't considered weak.

dubq

As was said above: when herbivores are breeding, kill a large Aptonoth. You don't gather the dung from them, from what I understand, it's something that Junior gives you as a reward after you turn in your hunt report.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is who's armor worth making? You left out an important detail, heh.

LS isn't considered weak.

Indeed. LS can have the highest DPS in the game if I remember right.

Ignore me.

tumblr_m9l6qbnK6m1qzdh9yo1_1280.jpg

Marbles

dude, I'm eating! ;)

Dito.
Euro Gaffer here and i'll be up for some online in about 20 mins. Although i should warn anyone who willing to take me on that i'm very much a Noob and haven't played any quests online yet.

Thanks to the folks for the info about the SS dung. I'll give it ago when I next see that the Herbies are feeling frisky.

Mupod

Wow. Rathalos Plate on 1st try :D

I need one of these for my yamato waist, I should have killed more Rathalos when I didn't need their parts. Because now the desire sensor knows and I'll never get one.

Also sucks I can't just pop online to get in a farming group since I'm not at home, have to stay at my brother's for a week and watch his dog while he's in Florida. I could have brought my Wii U here, but his TV doesn't have HDMI and his stupid cellular internet has never worked with an xbox. So I figure the Wii U wouldn't work either. At least I can still progress my character thanks to 3DS transfarring, and I don't mind soloing.

Kyzon

LS is a beast weapon. Just try to get your spirit charge up to LVL Red, and keep it there. You will do a buttload of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom