• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

Thanks for the advice.

Those are admittedly adorable. However, I think my fiance might have some serious concerns about me if I started wearing those around the house.

Then buy them for her and she can be adorable wearing them around the house. She'll just think they're cute kitten slippers. :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
My wife got me a $50 e-shop card for my bday yesterday for MH3U.

That's why I love her.

Doorman

I feel that this is a bad omen. I just experienced my first ever Wii U hard lock thanks to the demo.

...More specifically, by trying to load the demo's digital manual. The first time around it gave me a disc read error (???), I managed to clear that and try again and it just froze on the manual loading screen. Had to unplug the system and everything, great.

Lucid07

Just been adding people on the WiiU in Europe. A lot of the people have it set up so they have to add you via typing out your name so most people wont be added!!

creid

Just been adding people on the WiiU in Europe. A lot of the people have it set up so they have to add you via typing out your name so most people wont be added!!
Can't you get around this by adding via Miiverse instead of via Friends list?

IMG_20130315_175753_zps35fb194b.jpg

My XL is ready.

Best experience is 3DS.

I have no Wii U. ;_;
You should have saved money, the localization was announced in September!

Still, the 3DS is pretty awesome. And you are not alone, from all the anecdotal evidence we have, it will be the best selling version of the game.

DaBoss

You should have saved money, the localization was announced in September!

Still, the 3DS is pretty awesome. And you are not alone, from all the anecdotal evidence we have, it will be the best selling version of the game.

Oh I definitely have enough money already. Uni and all that. :/

I will join you guys online in around April or May.

Looks like ViolentKIRA over at GameFAQs is working on weapon trees:

http://imgur.com/a/XPaVU

God damn, trees are HUGE!

I have 60 friends/40 pending request, Nintendo needs to raise the friend list limit.

That's why I'm deciding to wait to add people as I play with them. There's 125 names on the GAF list and you just know most of those people will probably move on to something else in a month or two and it will be down to like 30 or so regulars, if that.

I'm hoping to be one of those regulars though, especially when the Off TV gets patched in. I'm sure I'll stick with the game if my CoD hours are anything to go by. Usually I play online shooters for maybe 20 hours and stop playing, but I have close to 90 hours because of the off-tv play. I see myself playing MH3U for long time because of that. Why couldn't Capcom just release the game today so I could play it all weekend? I need this game NOW!

Beats

That's why I'm deciding to wait to add people as I play with them. There's 125 names on the GAF list and you just know most of those people will probably move on to something else in a month or two and it will be down to like 30 or so regulars, if that.

I probably won't add everyone right away as well. But it's interesting to see how many will be playing the game on Gaf at least.

How did the online work in Tri again(is it going to be the same in this?)? There were just a bunch of servers and channels right? It's been a while since I played it, but besides the 4 players per city limit were there any other limits?

I dont think I'll be able to play as frequently as I would like to, but I would play consistently throughout the months. Probably 1 or 2 nights a week after I really sink into the game.

Ghost23

Getting the 3DS version, but I have three local buddies who will play with me 24/7, so online is not needed. :)

Also, I attempted to get the game early at Toysrus. The cashier man searched and searched but could not find it. He had know clue what the game was, so if he would have found it, the game would have been mine.

Zornica

Banned
does anyone know if you can get the entire audio via the gamepad (before the patch)?

just tried the demo for the first time on my new wiiu (after countless hours on the 3ds) and sadly the game (or rather the demo) is borderline unplayable on a crt, especially on a 4:3 one.

So I have 2 options:

play the 3ds version until the patch lets me play it on the gamepad (which I intended to do in the first place)

or buy a cheap hdmi -> dvi adapter to connect it to my monitor - this is where my question comes into play. I won't have any sound if I do that... which wouldn't be a problem if I could get all the audio through the gamepad ofc.

would be great if someone could test this.
thanks

I am not going to be one of the people who no longer plays this in 2 months. Have no fear if you add me!

GAMERatHEART

I'll be adding you then when I get home from work tonight.

I also really like to play long sessions when I get together with people. Nothing worse when getting a game together is longer than the actually gaming session. Had a few 6 hour marathons with Rock Band GAF back in the day and it was always so fun. Hoping to have some hunting sessions with GAF that last that long. Well, maybe not 6 hours long since that's hard to do these days, but at least a couple hours long.

Tik-Tok

Does anyone know what the SKU is for this ? My toys r us says they can't even find it in their system for Wii u, just the 3ds. I feel like if I can direct them to the product they'll sell it to me.

Doombear

I'll be adding you then when I get home from work tonight.

I also really like to play long sessions when I get together with people. Nothing worse when getting a game together is longer than the actually gaming session. Had a few 6 hour marathons with Rock Band GAF back in the day and it was always so fun. Hoping to have some hunting sessions with GAF that last that long. Well, maybe not 6 hours long since that's hard to do these days, but at least a couple hours long.

Hour long hunting sessions? Count me in sir.

Kouriozan

Yeah, I will also be a regular, I guess I'll have to clean that friend list near the April update.
I love grindy games, I won't quit that easily :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So I've been playing the 3DS demo...

Anyone who said this game is controllable without the Circle Pad Pro is smoking crack, real talk.

DaBoss

Well whenever the Wii U community update happens, I think it will be easier to arrange for quests and stuff.

Anyone who said this game is controllable without the Circle Pad Pro is smoking crack, real talk.

You're not hardcore enough. :p

Still holding out for the CPP XL to come here to NA, though I think I will be able to do it without it.

muu

cant remember the link but wasn't there a site some guys off a podcast made that you can announce room openings w/pass to start up games? Seems it'd be wise to use that (or borrow the code and have a GAF version of it running) and eventually the friends list situation would solve itself.

Doorman

Against the Lagombi, I think the digital d-pad and (more importantly) the target-cam do just fine in helping to keep track of the action. Plesioth, on the other hand...It's hard to easily rely on the target-cam in that case because it becomes a struggle to quickly or subtly adjust your depth in the water. That second stick is so important to maneuvering underwater, it's no wonder why all of those hunts were removed from Portable 3rd.

As for the discussion of play frequency, I plan to be around and playing the game for quite a long time. After the first couple of weeks I probably won't be going for 4-hour marathon sessions after work or anything, I've got a bit too much else going on to devote all of my time to this, but I'll certainly be around.

cant remember the link but wasn't there a site some guys off a podcast made that you can announce room openings w/pass to start up games? Seems it'd be wise to use that (or borrow the code and have a GAF version of it running) and eventually the friends list situation would solve itself.
You can create rooms with a specific name and also add password, but rooms are limited to 4 players.

Turn on the lock-on camera (rotates the camera in the direction of the monster). Then, it plays fine.

You're not hardcore enough. :p

Still holding out for the CPP XL to come here to NA, though I think I will be able to do it without it.

It is region-free. I picked up mine today from my local import shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom