• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuntz

Dito.
Euro Gaffer here and i'll be up for some online in about 20 mins. Although i should warn anyone who willing to take me on that i'm very much a Noob and haven't played any quests online yet.

Thanks to the folks for the info about the SS dung. I'll give it ago when I next see that the Herbies are feeling frisky.

I'll be there ! Just started my character, gunlancer offline but light bowgunner online, no armor, no weapon other than starting, wil be fun !

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Make a Wowhead for Monster Hunter.

Seriously, it needs one.

Kind of what I was thinking. But dumping the guide info would take forever. I definitely do want a better resource than MH Wiki though, it's so hard to find what you're looking for, and when you do, it's either outdated, in Japanese, or nonexistent.

I'd personally just recommend using the guide but "paging" is jank in PDFs, and while Ctrl+F is usable it takes too long to find what you want (if I look up Brachydios, it looks up all the Brachy parts, the Dios armor, etc before getting to him.)

Hoodbury

I need one of these for my yamato waist, I should have killed more Rathalos when I didn't need their parts. Because now the desire sensor knows and I'll never get one.

Also sucks I can't just pop online to get in a farming group since I'm not at home, have to stay at my brother's for a week and watch his dog while he's in Florida. I could have brought my Wii U here, but his TV doesn't have HDMI and his stupid cellular internet has never worked with an xbox. So I figure the Wii U wouldn't work either. At least I can still progress my character thanks to 3DS transfarring, and I don't mind soloing.

Bring the dog to your place for the week?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kind of what I was thinking. But dumping the guide info would take forever. I definitely do want a better resource than MH Wiki though, it's so hard to find what you're looking for, and when you do, it's either outdated, in Japanese, or nonexistent.

Just get us to help - we'll join the database fun with you! :p

Hoodbury

I'd personally just recommend using the guide but "paging" is jank in PDFs, and while Ctrl+F is usable it takes too long to find what you want (if I look up Brachydios, it looks up all the Brachy parts, the Dios armor, etc before getting to him.)

You need to update the OP email quote tags with what the new GAF server and lobby are.

blackflag

Was fighting with Gaffers last night.

Got these drops 3 runs in a row

Brachy - 2 Gems
Rathalos - 1 ruby
wroggi - 1 wyvern bird gem

So I'm pretty sure I used up all the luck I could ever get last night.

DaBoss

I totally would want to help with this.

Fistwell

Euro GAF: stupid room is full, making one. Weird, Nohar, Neo, I can see you guys offline, come join the glorious GAF armada of online hunting glory now!!

FP3 > L9 > HIP GAF >

chrono01

Yeah, searching for things in the digital guide can be irritating.

One thing I found that helps, though, is if you're looking for a name of a particular weapon that shares its name with a monster/armor/item/etc., if you click on "Weapon" on the left-side pane, and then choose to search, it will start looking from "Weapon" onward. It enables you to find the bit of information you're seeking a lot easier.

It's not a 100% fix, but it helps somewhat.

Hoodbury

Haha, what a dork, sorry, Brachy armor.

Awesome, I'll keep using long swords, then. I should be able to make the Brachydios one soon.

The skills his armor provides don't match up with my style but if you like these skills then sure go for it:

• Bombardier
  • Adrenaline +1
  • Challenger +1
  • Evasion down (negative skill)

burgerdog

The skills his armor provides don't match up with my style but if you like these skills then sure go for it:

• Bombardier
  • Adrenaline +1
  • Challenger +1
  • Evasion down (negative skill)

Alright, so it's time I start looking at skills as my primary focus instead of the defense on the armor. I feel lost again, :O Now I have to figure out what skills suit my play style, this game is just amazing.

Marbles

Cheers to the 3 dudes who quit and left me to finish off Barroth by myself. Took him down and think i might have gotten the 3 shells in needed to upgrade my sword.

Edit. Crap, only got the 2 shells. Guess i'll be doing that one again real soon.

Hoodbury

Alright, so it's time I start looking at skills as my primary focus instead of the defense on the armor. I feel lost again, :O Now I have to figure out what skills suit my play style, this game is just amazing.

Ya it's all about the skills. Skills should match up with play style but also with your weapon. For instance an armor set that gives blocking skills does not match up with a LS user since you can't block with an LS. A Crit draw with Attack up set won't match up with a SnS but would with a GS. http://www.mh3-ultimate.com/page/Armor+Skills
Scroll about a quarter the way down to the tables where they start having descriptions of them.

Then in the left nav click on blademaster armor and search by Rarity (brachy is Rare 5) and you can see all the full sets and what skills they come with:
http://www.mh3-ultimate.com/page/Blademaster+Rare+5

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, searching for things in the digital guide can be irritating.

One thing I found that helps, though, is if you're looking for a name of a particular weapon that shares its name with a monster/armor/item/etc., if you click on "Weapon" on the left-side pane, and then choose to search, it will start looking from "Weapon" onward. It enables you to find the bit of information you're seeking a lot easier.

It's not a 100% fix, but it helps somewhat.

Hmm I didn't know those were clickable, thanks for the tip!

Kuntz

Noob room for HR1/starting players that don't want to be carried is up on EU.

I'll wait for you guys ! (Silphonica where are you?)

Hoodbury

Is it so bad I want to play with HR1 only? I don't want to be carried.

If you have friends that are higher HR than you, you could always just ask them to use lower tier weapons and armor.

Remember there are no 'levels' in this game per say. An HR 756 person wearing low rank Jaggi armor and using an Iron sword+ is the same as an HR 1 person wearing the same stuff.

Probably easier asking friends to do this than randoms though.

Dunkelgrau

Hunters of Europe, anybody is starting with Lego City Undercover tomorrow, too? I am addicted to MH3U, but I cant wait for the chase to begin!

burgerdog

Ya it's all about the skills. Skills should match up with play style but also with your weapon. For instance an armor set that gives blocking skills does not match up with a LS user since you can't block with an LS. A Crit draw with Attack up set won't match up with a SnS but would with a GS. http://www.mh3-ultimate.com/page/Armor+Skills
Scroll about a quarter the way down to the tables where they start having descriptions of them.

Then in the left nav click on blademaster armor and search by Rarity (brachy is Rare 5) and you can see all the full sets and what skills they come with:
http://www.mh3-ultimate.com/page/Blademaster+Rare+5

Wow, thanks for input and links, very much appreciated!

Hoodbury

Wow, thanks for input and links, very much appreciated!

NP, the confusing part is still how the skill name for a lot of them is different from the Active Skill name. And then also the decoration name sometimes doesn't match up with either of those. All 3 of those are listed at the top of the first link I had.

So it's good to have one of these tables handy when working on a new armor set and what decorations to craft to add in to make sure you're getting the right skills.

It's easy to get mixed up with things like evasion and evade Dist. Or Sharpness +1 vs Razor Sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom