• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that the step up to high rank (both online and offline) has been pretty high. Purple Ludroth in Moga Village game me a lot of trouble (fainted once and had no potions left).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Rathian destroyed me with its poison. What's the best way to counter that?

Rathian really only goes airborne for when it's going to do the tail flip (or fly away), which will poison you. Always assume it's going to be a double tail whip and give the Rathian plenty of space when it's doing its thing. At least until you have the timing down.

Hattori

Banned
after getting a rustshard that turned into a rusted sword and shield, I began trying out the weapon class and I am blown away at how overpowered I feel when I use it. took down barroth in under 10 mins with a qurupeco chopper, this took me at least 15-20 mins with my much stronger dragonmaiden SA

Raide

I honestly don't know the reason why. I think it might just be because it was so common.

It was a pretty easy set to get and it had the HP bonus stuff. Some players viewed it as a crutch set for new players. I think it is a good set to get for beginners, since Rathian can be a fairly large step to get it on farm enough for the parts.

blackflag

What's some good armor for someone that is primarily a hammer user?

I'm using low rank rathian and I can't decide what to switch to because nothing really has skills I want in decent combiniations.

I'm on the HR3 urgent right now. Just need a Brachy tail for his hammer but my armor is sucking.

I can't even remember what I used in tri.

muu

I'm using low rank rathian and I can't decide what to switch to because nothing really has skills I want in decent combiniations.

I'm on the HR3 urgent right now. Just need a Brachy tail for his hammer but my armor is sucking.

Volvidon (regular or S) armor is easy to make and have a couple great skills: attack+ and evasion. The latter is pretty useful w/ hammers since there's no blocking. It's going to continue to be my go-to non water monster armor (it has -20 water) till I make my black caedeus set.

Which reminds me: anyone want to farm him (or shoot the shit in any other rank5~6 quest)? I'll be on ~6PM PST or when I get back home.

Kyzon

With my bow, I'm thinking I want to focus on KO and Stamina management. What's the best armor to use with that?

UncleSporky, just do quests where they give you nulberries, and then don't use them. Like fighting lagiacrus gives you about 2 i think, then you can farm them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Anything with Marathon Runner, FastCharge or Knockout skills are great to have. Rhenoplos and Bone are the only early armor sets with Knockout, but Uragaan and Diablos have it on their later sets.

Thoraxes

Yeh, one of the hauls bugged out for me as well, but the others are a clear table 3, so it's pretty clear in my case.

A shame the program wasn't there sooner, I might have considered starting a new character at the beginning to get to table 10. Now that I'm 20 hours in, I don't think that's going to happen. Plus, after looking up some of the charms, I really don't see too much of a problem. There's enough decent charms to keep me going I think, and the godly charms usually don't drop for me anyway. Played 300(400?)+ hours of Tri, never got anything too interesting.
Till I put in everything but the one haul with stuff in column 6, I was between 5, 8, and 13...

And was getting nervous because with 4 hauls it was still up in the air between those three, heh.

But yeah, doing the first 5 alone got me into 8, so hell yeah.

Can you or anyone tell me where to see the benefits of my table?

Should I be saving these armor spheres or just continuing to pour them into my Jaggi armor set? Are they hard to come by later in the game? I've been putting them all into the Jaggi gear, now have 2 level 3 items and 3 level 2. I was just going to keep doing that until I have the materials to craft another set I like.

I have a lot of nullberrys from killing altaroths with full blue sacs on d.island. Wait til they eat the berry patch on the water where you first kill aponoths.

blackflag

Volvidon (regular or S) armor is easy to make and have a couple great skills: attack+ and evasion. The latter is pretty useful w/ hammers since there's no blocking. It's going to continue to be my go-to non water monster armor (it has -20 water) till I make my black caedeus set.

Which reminds me: anyone want to farm him (or shoot the shit in any other rank5~6 quest)? I'll be on ~6PM PST or when I get back home.

Ok cool that one does look good. His high rank is in the next tier for offline but pretty far up in online so I think I'll farm it offline.

dc89

Gets Nets and Pickaxes. Mine and collect everything you see! Skin the world!

You will need to grind various monsters to get enough items for a full armor/weapon set.

You have all the starter weapons in your hut, so try them all and see which one suits you and go from there. :D

One thing to remember is that the game is animation based combat. You will get discouraged because you will hit walls and you will fail missions. Stick with it.

thank you everyone :)

Gonna check these vids now.

GolazoDan

So my brother has this for 3DS. I might get it for 3DS. We don't have a WiiU. If we're in the same room as one another can we play co-op somehow? I feel stupid for not knowing the answer for sure but I've heard so many explanations that my head's spinning (WiiU as a hub being the latest). It's kinda the make or break between whether I get the game or not.

Ragus

Banned
I keep on slaying new monsters, and new armor sets arrive at the blacksmith all the time.

But I still love my Wroggi set. I guess, I can still use it until some monster is going to kick my ass?

Chaos

First ever Qurupeco fight was intense!, Great Jaggi joined in and called his little friends, then some black cats popped up to steal my items mix that in with some rhenoplos charges and getting set on fire!

Managed to survive phew :)

dc89

So my brother has this for 3DS. I might get it for 3DS. We don't have a WiiU. If we're in the same room as one another can we play co-op somehow? I feel stupid for not knowing the answer for sure but I've heard so many explanations that my head's spinning (WiiU as a hub being the latest). It's kinda the make or break between whether I get the game or not.

I think you can play local games with the 3DS! Well, that's the impression I got from the super cheesy US commercial.

Best wait for someone more experienced than me to come along and say so though, I'm new to this stuff too.

Infinite

Took me longer than I thought but I got my Barroth S Armor set. Pretty good armor set with some decent open slots for gems. Trying to think of abilities I can rock with it. May go with Sharpness or Expert.

Infinite

I keep on slaying new monsters, and new armor sets arrive at the blacksmith all the time.

But I still love my Wroggi set. I guess, I can still use it until some monster is going to kick my ass?

You're going to find yourself swapping armors all the time due to it getting outclassed or something. Also it's good to have multiple armors so you can really take advantage of different strategies against different monsters. You may also find that certain armor skills goes better with certain weapons.

Imma try to get the Wiiu version real soon so I can play with you guys. Something is actually wrong with my wiiu may have to send it to Nintendo

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
First ever Qurupeco fight was intense!, Great Jaggi joined in and called his little friends, then some black cats popped up to steal my items mix that in with some rhenoplos charges and getting set on fire!

Managed to survive phew :)

Still the only hunt in the Mogi missions up to rank 4 that gives me problems each time I farm him. Getting easier as my weapons upgrade, but he's a tough nut to crack.

Still trying to cut off its beak, just don't think it's possible with dual blades.

Kuntz

Love you newb GAF eu guys.

Had lots of fun starting my weak-ass gunner, and finishing with awesomebreakdancer doboruberuku was the icing on the cake.

I need a better armor/weapon than the starting set now, as I get really hurt (when I do get hurt).

I'll be there tomorrow evening, same place, the good thing with gunners is they don't really need to gimp their weapon to play low rank if they play support (which i do, love para/poison/sleep/stamina the shit out of monsters).

Also I need a good set because once I have the money/materials I'll use a lot of heal/armor/attack horns.

Someone did come !

Napophis

just sent my ships out for fishing, how do i make the days pass by?

i tried going to sleep in my bed, but that didn't do anything but save my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom