• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewr

Dumb question: I just got the 3ds version and I want to transfer my save from the WiiU version.

I see Data Transfer on the WiiU version, bit how do I get it to see my 3DS?
How do I delete the 3ds save?

1. Make sure there is no save data on 3DS ( the receiving end)
2. Download on 3DS eshop the data transfer tool (search for "transfer" or "data transfer")
3. Start game on Wii U, and on main menu choose data transfer
4. Open transfer tool on 3DS and make sure you tell it you want to transfer FROM Wii U TO 3DS (I thought it was a bit confusing, the helpers confirm your selection with their comments)
5. The 3DS should see the Wii U, press the button on the 3DS and the transfer should start.

(tool works if the receiving side has no save files in it, if you need to delete info then start the game in which you want to delete save files, go to the game's options menu, press and hold L + R + X and a dialog to confirm you want to delete ALL data should show up)

----------------------------------------

EDIT: Question about qurupeco. I want to get strange beaks from it, when I break the beak should I get a hiny drop or is the beak obtained after the fight once I have killed/captured it?
EDIT II: Nevermind.
Strange beak is a very rare quest reward but a crazy easy break item. Break the quropeco's beak in the quest. 100% chance to get it in rewards with break.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm going to be online completing HR1 quests I haven't done yet.
room name GAFQuestng in the usual location with the usual password

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Acquiring this super sized dung is confusing me. It says that herbivores mate today but I can't find any super huge An-thingy.

It's a reward for free hunting. After you kill a big Aptonoth talk to the Chief's Son, redeem your kills for resource points, and collect the rewards.

Beats

Hmm, only got to make three out of five pieces of the Rath Soul set after all those runs. I still need another ruby and two more tails...

Ken

Acquiring this super sized dung is confusing me. It says that herbivores mate today but I can't find any super huge An-thingy.

How to get Super Sized Dung

1. Check Moga Forecast for Herbivore Breeding
2. Enter Moga Woods when Herbivore Breeding.
3. Kill the very large Aptonoth in the area where Aptonoths usually are.
4. Return to village and talk to chief's son. Report your hunt and the dung should be a reward.

Hmm, only got to make three out of five pieces of the Rath Soul set after all those runs. I still need another ruby and two more tails...

I'm holding out for G rank A. Los!

Doorman

Man, mining for Firestones in low rank is the worst...

On the bright side, piling up rustshards and charms!

Apparently the max number of rustshards you can collect at once is three? I don't ever remember that being the case before but the number in my inventory was reddened-out at that point. Too bad all three of them were pointless beginner weapons. Sigh.

Ken

Apparently the max number of rustshards you can collect at once is three? I don't ever remember that being the case before but the number in my inventory was reddened-out at that point. Too bad all three of them were pointless beginner weapons. Sigh.

Yup, same with Ancient Shards. But, you can get 3x Ancient Shards and 3x Rust Shards at once!

Which armour should I aim for after Jaggi? It isn't really an issue yet but I'm getting kind of bored with it

I use a longsword if that makes a difference

Hmm, didn't know this.

I got 2 in a row on one of my trips!

And firestone mining done. Now to get 3 more ian carapaces...

ultron87

Just rocked through all of HR1 with my friend. She was using a Hunting Horn with healing so it was the most convenient thing ever.

God damn this game is good.

likeGdid

Found a rust shard in the volcano, turned out to be a L.BG (Demon's Isle). This thing is making me rethink my position on bowguns. Rapid-firing Crag shots is pretty fun.

I never really used bowguns before so I don't have much a reference, but is the Demon's Isle a good one? A good enough one that I don't really have to bother investing in other bowguns?

NeoRausch

what a great night!
hunting with gaffers is so much better then with strangers.
thanks for dragging me to HR4! You know who you are!

dubq

Ok seriously, how many battles do I need to do to get out of HR1? I feel like I've been in a ton of them yet no movement.

olimpia84

Finally started doing level 3 quest from Moga Village. Had a rough time fighting that bird (Quru something) along with the Great Jaggi. Used all of my mega potions but managed to hunt him at the end. This is getting hard fast and I'll be completely screwed when I have to hunt those water monsters solo =/

Beats

Ok seriously, how many battles do I need to do to get out of HR1? I feel like I've been in a ton of them yet no movement.

There are key quests you have to complete in order to get the urgent. You need to do the Qurupeco, Barroth, Rathian, and Gobul quests to get it for HR1.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Septimius

Does "Haul 1" mean the first haul you EVER get in the game or just any old haul as long as it's the first of the set you're entering? Cause I got my first haul a while ago and didn't write it down or anything.

Any haul. The more you enter, the more it's narrowed down.

Kaji

Does "Haul 1" mean the first haul you EVER get in the game or just any old haul as long as it's the first of the set you're entering? Cause I got my first haul a while ago and didn't write it down or anything.

There are two schools of thought on that, most seem to think it can be any however....

CPCunha

Real newbie question...but where do i go to watch all those "monster introduction cutscenes" ?
I think i remember Tri having a Theater mode or something like that...

Everytime I get a haul it never matches up with the charts. How does it work? Because right now my haul is 2 pin fish, 1 whetfish, 1 pinfish, 1 humspun conch, and 1 shining starfish.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Vulcanis Great Sword looks like a good upgrade from my Chief's Great Sword while I wait for Lagi parts to upgrade it. Should I give it a shot? It's less sharp and has one less slot, but has 48 more defense. It also looks pretty cool. I have Razor Sharp so the sharpness thing is a bit moot.

Any haul. The more you enter, the more it's narrowed down.

There are two schools of thought on that, most seem to think it can be any however....

Sweet, I'll give it a shot now. Put too much time in to change anyways, though.

Real newbie question...but where do i go to watch all those "monster introduction cutscenes" ?

Felyne in your hut.

Rasan4eva

Neo Member
After soloing 25 steel uragaan, I finally have my uragaan Z set :D

B6vnMQ3.jpg

you talk to the cat in your bedroom.

Does anyone know if there are ecology videos in this game?

Fewr

I downloaded one of those Charm Table things, and it looks like I'm on Table 8.

Is that good for a Switch Axe user?

This is all I have found:
Familar Stranger via GameFAQS made an updated post on the charms list. This one is supposed to be more accurate as it seems he has a better grasp of the Japanese language.

------

A more accurate version of the table koyori posted:

T1: Contains a nice balance of Blademaster and Gunner charms with high stats/many slots, but lacks good Awakening charms and doesn't excel at any one thing.

T2: Feels like an inferior version of T1. Lacks any amazing charms unique to this table, not much to talk about.

T3: All-purpose table. Especially rich in good evasion charms, but has the possibility for many skill setups with a Handicraft +4 OOO charm (with Sharpener -3).

T4: Good for Blademasters. Has the most charms suited for Lancers, but also contains a Handicraft +4 OOO charm and is good for other Blademasters as well.

T5: Good Evasion Distance and Earplug charms, great for Switch Axe and Heavy Bowgun users. Most of the good charms are Dragon Talismans though, so grinding for them may be a chore.

T6: Leaning towards Blademasters. Has both Handicraft +5 OO and Handicraft +4 OOO. Contains great charms for Evasion and Awakening with other useful skills.

T7: Most plentiful in Evasion charms. If you want Evasion +2 regardless of your weapon, this table has good unique charms.

T8: Above average Evasion and Guard type charms, but slightly lacking in other areas. Its Dragon Talismans tend to be good.

T9: Somewhat geared towards Gunners. Has plenty of charms with a gunner skill combined with Attack +10 or Expert +10. Does have excellent charms for Blademasters but its Handicraft charms are the worst of all tables.

T:10 Extremely good charms that combine Handicraft with another skill, such as Handicraft +5 Free Element +7. Is also plentiful in Edgemaster charms and probably gives the highest possible power with pretty much any Blademaster weapon. It does seem to be somewhat lacking in Good Evasion distance charms.

T13: No unique godly charm, but does have a wide variety of good charms in most areas.

T:14 Slightly geared towards Blademasters. Many great charms such as Sharpness +4 Free Element +7 and Handicraft +4 Expert +10. Rapid Fire +5 Expert +10 is great for Light Gunners as well.

Keep in mind this information was written months ago (maybe as early as February 2012), and the general consensus may have changed.

Time for me to find out. I'm scared.
Wait, how do I know what tables are cursed and what not?

11, 12, 15, 16, 17 are the cursed ones. 13 is the worst OK one, 14 is pretty decent. (i only mention these two because they're in the middle of all the cursed ones, to accent that they aren't cursed [i used to think anything above 10 was cursed])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom