• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a Wii U Pro Controller over the weekend because the gamepad's battery life is an absolute joke, and I'm unable to get the Pro Controller to work outside of the Wii U main menu. The only button that works while on the MH3 main menu is the home button. I've synced the controller properly and can't find any help on Google. Am I doing something wrong?

Fewr

First ever Qurupeco fight was intense!, Great Jaggi joined in and called his little friends, then some black cats popped up to steal my items mix that in with some rhenoplos charges and getting set on fire!

Managed to survive phew :)
Congratulations. Now get ready for an intense fight against Royal Ludroth, or a disappointingly easy one against Great Wroggi, bring a couple of antidotes for the latter.

I ordered a Wii U Pro Controller over the weekend because the gamepad's battery life is an absolute joke, and I'm unable to get the Pro Controller to work outside of the Wii U main menu. The only button that works while on the MH3 main menu is the home button. I've synced the controller properly and can't find any help on Google. Am I doing something wrong?

Go to the options in the main screen and switch your controller preference.
Viola!

Ragus

Banned
To get Barroth's tail, do I have to aim with my long sword at his tail, or it doesn't matter? Also, does it drop as a quest reward or during looting monster's corpse?

ramyeon

Duramboros just won't die! He's whittling me down. I forgot to bring my BBQ spit so I have a tiny bar of stamina left, only enough for one roll and no running :/

ramyeon

Dude has an insane amount of hitpoints. Took me forever with my LS.

Anyway, off to grinding Lagiacrus to get a plate.
Yeah I ran out of time, even went berserker towards the end and just hacked away at him like crazy but it didn't help.

First time I've failed a hunt. I need a new way of going about this guy.

Mupod

To get Barroth's tail, do I have to aim with my long sword at his tail, or it doesn't matter? Also, does it drop as a quest reward or during looting monster's corpse?

You can cut it right off and then go carve the tail on the ground. Which will probably get you a tail.

You can typically also get tails from captures as well, but if you're using a bladed weapon then might as well cut it for the extra carves and higher droprate.

ramyeon

What's your weapon ? Rimeblade is a pretty good choice for LS users. Cheap to make, pretty effective. I don't remember if you could only get it after beating Durambos though, so Windeater is great as well. Since Duramboros is weak to Fire, might consider finding something there.
Yeah I could always go to LS but I'm using SA, currently have the Pecospander which has done me pretty good until now.

bitoriginal

I've played this for 23 hours and I'm just starting 4* quests lol. Haven't even tried online yet. Week off work next week is going to be fun :D

burgerdog

At what point will I have played enough solo I probably won't piss people off that I play online with?

Even if you're struggling a bit offline, you can jump online and do some of the hunts to see how other people play and avoid monster attacks. HR1 is super easy so you have nothing to worry about. Just be prepared, have you potions, whetstones, and whatever else you might need with you.

At what point will I have played enough solo I probably won't piss people off that I play online with?

Usually my rule is if you can manage the beast on your own, you should be fine. Although, most people are fairly self-conscious of their online play when first starting. There really is no need to worry. No one is judging.

burgerdog

It always feels good when you finally get to craft that item you were farming for. Step 1 is done, I have my Dios Katana. Now I need to farm a Gobul+ set, hopefully there's enough interest in that monster online so I can get the full set without too much trouble.

It always feels good when you finally get to craft that item you were farming for. Step 1 is done, I have my Dios Katana. Now I need to farm a Gobul+ set, hopefully there's enough interest in that monster online so I can get the full set without too much trouble.

I've been farming sets in single player. it's a bit of a pain in your own, but its so satisfying knowing that you can down a beast by yourself so many times. I finally have the Pink Rath set.

Chaos

Was about to capture Qurupeco for a quest and he called in a Great Jaggi which triggered my last trap fuuuuuu

Kouriozan

Spent 3 hours helping GAFer, it was great like always.
Tomorrow I should get Lego City and Luigi's Mansion, but I'll play MH every night at 7 or 8 hour PM GMT +1.

Ken

Hey GAF, I can't decide if I should spend my Rathalos plate to get a Fire LS or if I should instead get the Rathalos set.

Weapons are for forever. Armor sometimes isn't.

Actually that's a lie. Miralis LS is probably better than Rathalos LS?

Fewr

I'm trying to complete a Qurupeco armor set (blade). I have bought everything except for the head part. My problem is that the tiny man won't offer it to me. Is there any special event that makes him offer the qurupeco hat to be crafted?

EDIT: Ah ok, it seems I have to get the required materials first I think; either way, I'll keep capturing it, but now I'll try to break the beak to get the strange beak drop.

Ultratech

Yeah I ran out of time, even went berserker towards the end and just hacked away at him like crazy but it didn't help.

First time I've failed a hunt. I need a new way of going about this guy.

Yeah, Duramboros has a crapton of health.

Some tips:
-When he starts spinning, you can still attack his legs if you're right under him. If you manage to stagger him, he'll trip and fall down.
-When he trips and falls down, attack the large humps on his back; this happens to be a pretty vulnerable spot and it'll also break off after enough damage.
-If you manage to break off the tail hammer (this happens twice; the first time it breaks, the second time, a big chunk of it falls off), it won't create quake effects. You can also break the tail with any type of weapon, which is nice.
-Fire weapons will help a lot. Alternatively, Ice works decent too.
-Flash Bomb! If he tries to spin around while dizzy, he'll trip. Same thing happens when he's low on Stamina as well.

gunstarhero

Dumb question: I just got the 3ds version and I want to transfer my save from the WiiU version.

I see Data Transfer on the WiiU version, bit how do I get it to see my 3DS?

tengiants

Dumb question: I just got the 3ds version and I want to transfer my save from the WiiU version.

Kind of annoying because it needs to be done outside of the game, unlike on the Wii U. Download the MH3U Data Transfer Tool on the 3DS eShop. It should be obvious from there.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

There is a tool you can download from the eShop.

Anteo

Question!

I just upgraded to a Pecospander (From a Arzuros Axe), and I noticed that every attack is doing a little fire explosion on hit. Does that means this weapon is now attacking with that element? Do monster have weaknesses, resistance like the hunters' armor? I'm thinking about leaving the game w/o saving, to try another path.

ramyeon

Tried Duramboros again better equipped. Jaggi armour with attack up M and lots of well done steaks. Much easier this time! Managed to get his hump but didn't bother with the tail for now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How can I, as a Wii U player, how can I play with my 3DS friend while he's at my house?

I think it goes something like: Go into Port Tanzia (multi) on Wii U, then on the 3DS do the same but also go up to Neko or one of the exits and select Fast Travel, then choose Hunter Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom